720 Memberships ....... !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainter35
Club Player

saint66au wrote:Ways to get a better draw..

1. Have 40,000 members

2. Wear black and white stripes

3. Do stadium deals that the AFL seem to turn a blind eye to, ensuring you have to have 18 games in Melbourne every year.
The fact that every club requests to play them helps as well.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

sainter35 wrote:

1. Have 40,000 members

3. Do stadium deals that the AFL seem to turn a blind eye to, ensuring you have to have 18 games in Melbourne every year.
That may be as well, but IMHO its a smokescreen the AFL use to take the focus off this damn stadium deal(s)

The clubs all make lots of requests..isnt it funny now "Can we play Collingwood" seems to get granted every year, yet "Can we play more Friday nights and less Sundays" seem to fall on deaf ears?

I for one am sick of Collingwood pumping themselves up as the financial saviour of the "poorer" Clubs. FFS even when they were crap and their crowds dropped off, Eddie blamed the opposition supporters for not turning up. :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

sainter35 wrote:

1. Have 40,000 members

Actually, I reckon every Club requests to play them AT HOME is more likely. There is very little financial benefit to any Club in playing Collingwood as an 'away' game.

And in the case of WCE, I bleieve their hoome games are all 'reserve seat' (or close to it) anyway, whether they play Collingwood at home or not?

sainter35
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
sainter35 wrote:

1. Have 40,000 members

Actually, I reckon every Club requests to play them AT HOME is more likely. There is very little financial benefit to any Club in playing Collingwood as an 'away' game.

And in the case of WCE, I bleieve their hoome games are all 'reserve seat' (or close to it) anyway, whether they play Collingwood at home or not?
Which in turn assures them of the 18 games in Melbourne every year.

I think most of us can agree that if we perform on the field, consistently attract large crowds and increase our membership into the top two or three in Victoria we'll get more of the prime time and less sunday games.

Blaming Archie or our board on this one is just a cop out.

jays
Club Player

this is great hope we get better then this year