08' Draftee Media

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Media
Club Player

08' Draftee Media

St Kilda's Draft Class of 2008 had their first taste of the media spotlight with press conferences and photo opportunities at Linen House Oval today.

Tom Lynch, Rhys Stanley, Nick Heyne, Alistair Smith, Paul Cahill and Colm Begley were in attendance and you will be able to read more about it in the papers and online throughout the coming days (and view the video at Saints Central later today).

Also keep your eyes out for a photo of the boys in their St Kilda gear alongside Nick Riewoldt who is decked out in the new clash strip!

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Are we going to get any truth out of these guys when they speak to the media?

saintm
Club Player

Thanks Saint Media.

I'll watch with interest and will no doubt continue to be amazed at how the majority of these 17 and 18 year old "boys" can front media conferences/interviews and speak without the slightest hesitation.

Will also be interesting to see if any of the Saints boys have any standout features (apart from red hair!! :D ) to rival the tattoos belonging to one of Collingwood's new recruits who was shown on the news last night.

Darren
Club Player

Few images on gspimages:

http://www.gspimages.com.au/photography ... b_code=all

edit: they're all taller than roo! :o

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Are we going to get any truth out of these guys when they speak to the media?
Like what? I wish the pies got me or I hate the Saints. It is their first time pretty much under the spotlight. Give them a go.

Legendary
Club Player

Raven
Club Player

I have to say I don't mind the new strip at all. It's a huge improvement on what we were using previously, that's for sure.
I'd like to see the back though.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Are we going to get any truth out of these guys when they speak to the media?
Grizzle grizzle grizzle :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Having a bad day RF?

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Raven wrote:I have to say I don't mind the new strip at all. It's a huge improvement on what we were using previously, that's for sure.
As we would your avatar 8-)

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Raven wrote:I have to say I don't mind the new strip at all. It's a huge improvement on what we were using previously, that's for sure.
As we would your avatar 8-)
beat me to it LOL

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
Having a bad day RF?
Why insult our intelligence by coming on here bragging about how these guys are going to be interviewed and expect us to get all excited - when we all know they will be trained by the club to reveal nothing whatsoever, and speak bullshiit and/or boring cliches throughout the entire interview.

Then put your hands out for our membership dollars.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I must say I like the clash more than I thought I would... might just look good on roo though :P:P

We recruited some big boys didn't we, Smith looks like he is more than ready to play senior footy, with his size and endurance there must be atleast one fatal flaw to his game that saw him drop down so late.,..

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
fingers wrote:
Having a bad day RF?
Why insult our intelligence by coming on here bragging about how these guys are going to be interviewed and expect us to get all excited - when we all know they will be trained by the club to reveal nothing whatsoever, and speak bullshiit and/or boring cliches throughout the entire interview.

Is this opinion or fact?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
fingers wrote:
Having a bad day RF?

Is this opinion or fact?
Fact.

Both parts are fact.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
fingers wrote:
Having a bad day RF?

Is this opinion or fact?
Fact.

Both parts are fact.
Simple... don't listen and don't buy a membership. :D

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
fingers wrote:
Having a bad day RF?

Is this opinion or fact?
Fact.

Both parts are fact.
RF - if it's all so miserable why do you bother?

marksnsparks
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
fingers wrote:
Having a bad day RF?

Well Wodger, you're a negative delusional f wit fair dinkum. Why pretend you're a Saints fan when you obviously hate it so much.

As others have said, wtf do you expect them to say? This is just a first step in getting to know them and good on the club for wheeling them out for us to have a look at.

And as for memebrship dollars, if you begrudge it so much don't buy. Simple.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
fingers wrote:
Having a bad day RF?

Cynical at first, but he has a point.

I think it relates more to players as whole rather than new draftees.

The club belts the personality out of the players and then expects us to get excited about boring, mind-numbing uploads asking the same, crappy PR-driven questions.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
fingers wrote:
Having a bad day RF?

Cynical at first, but he has a point.

I think it relates more to players as whole rather than new draftees.

The club belts the personality out of the players and then expects us to get excited about boring, mind-numbing uploads asking the same, crappy PR-driven questions.
Yep, then when the club says and does nothing, it's treating members with contempt. :roll:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Yep, then when the club says and does nothing, it's treating members with contempt. :roll:
We want the club to be open, real and honest.

Is it really that hard?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

Story up on AFL site on Colm Begley

http://afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabi ... sId=70615

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.