Cousins rejection

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Binson Harconer

Cousins rejection

Wrong decision that can only be changed by organised membership pressure. Does this site have that sort of muscle?
As for the "wise heads", I'm tired of all the would be drug counsellors dumping on the recovering addict. Go public with your darkest humiliation and then I'll listen.

Binson Harconer
Carrum Downs
groupie1
Club Player

Cousins decision... little downside, plenty of upside.

So why not take the risk?

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Wrong decision that can only be changed by organised membership pressure.
The self-importance of some people on here frightens me sometimes

You go and make your lil placard and march up and down outside AF's office chanting :We want Ben" whilst the rest of us get on with life eh??

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
groupie1
Club Player

It's not self-importance. It's voicing your wishes, as a member he/she has a right.

You wouldda been there sayin' 'Hey Martin... sit down ya stupid pain in the arse... you didn't get the right to vote so go back and get a life in the cotton fields, buddy.'

people who discourage people to take action should not bother voicing their own weak-willy opinions.

For saint66au to win, all we need is for the 'Wrong decision that can only be changed by organised membership pressure' people to do nothing.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

So you're of the "I've got a dog but I'm gunna bark myself anyway" crowd? :roll:

Why elect a board to make decision, and then piss and moan when they do so, particularly when it's not a clear-cut argument? No matter which way they decided there was always going to be an element of the membership that were unhappy. That's life in a democracy. The place to voice your disapproval is at the AGM, and you're vote in the next board election.

And for the record I was a pro-recruit BC guy. But I certainly don't comdemn the board for making that decision; BC did not help his own cause of late (the shaved head thing smells very badly) and spooked many folks that were previously of a more benevolent view.

Richter
SS Life Member

groupie1 wrote:It's not self-importance. It's voicing your wishes, as a member he/she has a right.

You wouldda been there sayin' 'Hey Martin... sit down ya stupid pain in the arse... you didn't get the right to vote so go back and get a life in the cotton fields, buddy.'
Ben Cousins as the modern day Martin Luther King........

............now that really cracks me up!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Cousins vs Pick #92 (or thereabouts).

I know what i'd be selecting, youth policy or no.

undecided
Club Player

Otiman wrote:Cousins vs Pick #92 (or thereabouts).

I know what i'd be selecting, youth policy or no.
everyone would pick Cousins if it was on ability but there must be some other stuff otherwise we would be getting him

ace
Saintsational Legend

If Jeldwen, Linen House or another major sponsor said "No or we would have to reconsider our sponsorship" then it is all over. :( :( :(

Otherwise pull a swifty and take him at 83 in the main draft. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brisbane has had all year but is yet to do it's research and can't complete it in time for the main draft. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cousins rejection

Binson Harconer wrote:Wrong decision that can only be changed by organised membership pressure. Does this site have that sort of muscle?
As for the "wise heads", I'm tired of all the would be drug counsellors dumping on the recovering addict. Go public with your darkest humiliation and then I'll listen.
Do pigs fly?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Moccha wrote:
Binson Harconer wrote:Wrong decision that can only be changed by organised membership pressure. Does this site have that sort of muscle?
Do pigs fly?
sounds like a troll to me. :roll:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

WayneJudson42 wrote:
Moccha wrote:
Do pigs fly?
yeah he must be, because you dont agree with him. rolleyes rolleyes
He is the only poster here I have ever seen post his name and suburb.
(better change that quick Binson, some people here arent all that friendly)

Seeya
Pilgram
Club Player

Just keep lunging those cheech and chongs Biscuit and see where it gets you okee? :)

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
Moccha wrote:
Do pigs fly?
yeah he must be, because you dont agree with him. rolleyes rolleyes
He is the only poster here I have ever seen post his name and suburb.
(better change that quick Binson, some people here arent all that friendly)
Other posters 'nicks' are their real names.
How do you know that his 'nick' is his actual name?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

First post... wants to overthrow the board? C'mon, get real.

Even if he /she is a real Sainter... adumb thread none the less. Totally hysterical reaction by someone who does not know the facts... and does nothing to promote stability at the club.

Don't like? Kiss it baby! 8-)

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Why sould it worry you Binson Harconer (if that really is your name...) According to your post on the Herald Sun website yesterday (below) you were calling the club to cancel your membership!
Of course Couins would be a risk, he's a recovering addict and no serious addict overcomes their addictive behaviour in 12 months. The one real prospect, over time to beat his addiction lays in the pursuit of his one very real passion of playing football. Drug addiction is an issue that the AFL and its teams will have to address more frequently in the future. If the St. Kilda board believe that their infrastructure lacks the capacity to manage Ben Cousins then its a serious indictment on the club. My St. Kilda family membership is taken from my bank account each month and is due to be rolled over for next year by Friday of this week. I'm calling today to cancel that arrangement. The thought of more of the same is insipid
St Kilda doesnt need your type, so just F*** the hell off!

Pilgram
Club Player

his point surrounding addiction holds water however so does the bong he smokes weed from.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

we all have to make the plunge at some stage, and it is usually an issue like this that does it. And no i dont know his real name, just as you dont know it is. It is the sort of mistake a newbie would make. He has his views, you have yours just as valid regardless of content or number of posts.
AND to FQF, you probably just made his decision alot easier. Well done.

Seeya
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:Why sould it worry you Binson Harconer (if that really is your name...) According to your post on the Herald Sun website yesterday (below) you were calling the club to cancel your membership!
Of course Couins would be a risk, he's a recovering addict and no serious addict overcomes their addictive behaviour in 12 months. The one real prospect, over time to beat his addiction lays in the pursuit of his one very real passion of playing football. Drug addiction is an issue that the AFL and its teams will have to address more frequently in the future. If the St. Kilda board believe that their infrastructure lacks the capacity to manage Ben Cousins then its a serious indictment on the club. My St. Kilda family membership is taken from my bank account each month and is due to be rolled over for next year by Friday of this week. I'm calling today to cancel that arrangement. The thought of more of the same is insipid
St Kilda doesnt need your type, so just F*** the hell off!
Thank you very much... shut the gate... apologies either implied or given will be accepted graciously.

A lot of if's and but's... but still no facts. :roll:

jays
Club Player

they made the decision for a reason they must know something we dont about ben

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

So many pecker head posts that I have so far refrained from responding to because it just ain't worth dabbling in the dribble of such nongs.

But this one's the straw on the camel's back.

It seems to me very few of you have one iota of an idea of what drug addiction is about.

One thing it ain't is a temporary problem that a few games of seniors footy's gonna fix.

It's a lifetime day to day battle for these poor bastards to stay of the gear.

Reading between the lines, the club has made the only bloody decision it can. The day to day grind of professional sport in a city that creams its duds every time a footballer so much as sneezes is hardly the place for a an addict to recover.

I'm sure Cuz had a pretty fair crack at convincing people he was AOK to go.

Equally I'm sure everyone at Collingwood, St Kilda, Brisbane and other less publicly interested clubs have probably had a pretty fair dip at figuring out if they can make it work.

At the end of it all, whether it be to play football, write a book, or drive a cab, would you drop a couple of hundred gorillas in the pocket of a maybe/maybe not recovered junkie?

No bloody way.

I wish the bloke well in getting himself better (if he can). I hope he makes something more of his life on or off the field. In the meantime, I wish the great glob of snoozers who a) reckon a few kicks for St Kilda in 09 would cure everything for him and us and b) reckon SKFC haven't got valid reasons for making the decision they have would take a farking running leap onto the next train to some other sport. You're pathetic.

groupie1
Club Player

Richter wrote:
groupie1 wrote:It's not self-importance. It's voicing your wishes, as a member he/she has a right.

Ben Cousins as the modern day Martin Luther King........

............now that really cracks me up!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You twat! Read the post again and make an effort to understand it. READ SLOWLY AND TRY TO FOLLOW.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:So many pecker head posts that I have so far refrained from responding to because it just ain't worth dabbling in the dribble of such nongs.

But this one's the straw on the camel's back.

It seems to me very few of you have one iota of an idea of what drug addiction is about.

One thing it ain't is a temporary problem that a few games of seniors footy's gonna fix.

It's a lifetime day to day battle for these poor bastards to stay of the gear.

Reading between the lines, the club has made the only bloody decision it can. The day to day grind of professional sport in a city that creams its duds every time a footballer so much as sneezes is hardly the place for a an addict to recover.

I'm sure Cuz had a pretty fair crack at convincing people he was AOK to go.

Equally I'm sure everyone at Collingwood, St Kilda, Brisbane and other less publicly interested clubs have probably had a pretty fair dip at figuring out if they can make it work.

At the end of it all, whether it be to play football, write a book, or drive a cab, would you drop a couple of hundred gorillas in the pocket of a maybe/maybe not recovered junkie?

No bloody way.

I wish the bloke well in getting himself better (if he can). I hope he makes something more of his life on or off the field. In the meantime, I wish the great glob of snoozers who a) reckon a few kicks for St Kilda in 09 would cure everything for him and us and b) reckon SKFC haven't got valid reasons for making the decision they have would take a farking running leap onto the next train to some other sport. You're pathetic.
Both Cousins and the AFL are saying that playing AFL again is an important part of his rehabilitation, rehab is just another word for treatment which is of course something that is ongoing. No-one has denied that this will be a very small first step in a long journey, so I am not sure why you think we are all of the opinion that the guy is "cured"

saintly_safes
Club Player

The youth policy argument is just pathetic .I cannot believe Archie Frazer came out with such a ridiculous piece of garbage. If the sponsors had no problems ( which I thought was the reason why they didnt commit ,but apparently thats not the case) I think we could of pushed it to the limit.As much as I think Bens a tool & needs to grow up & live in the real world , he is a very handy footballer. If Frazer is going to come out & give us bullsh-- answers like "youth policy" give me a break ,this guy is supposed to be an educated man in charge of our decision making process.I can understand not drafting Ben but at least give the members & supporters a valid reason not some off the cuff politically correct jargon that is hypocritical & baseless.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

I quote from the official press release...

"The Club conducted a complex five month review on Ben Cousins and its own playing group, resulting in a list management blueprint with a long term and strategic approach.

Saints CEO, Archie Fraser said, "We owed it to ourselves to undertake a rigorous and thorough review and have now made our decision. This is a decision that we didn't take lightly and we still believe that for the
right Club, Ben could well be a great opportunity."

Can someone please tell me where they said they are going for a youth policy??