ST KILDA DECIDES NOT TO PROCEED WITH BEN COUSINS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ThomasR
Club Player

I was once going to buy a beach front mansion
Hadn't been lived in for a while and needed a bit of renovating
Some claimed it was falling down and haunted but I didn't believe them
Showed a picture of it to the kids and they were really excited about it
The auction was at the end of the week and I saw the reserve
Couldn't afford it
I didn't want to admit my money problems
They were shattered
Called me irrational
Said they'd disown me
Probably shouldn't have shown them the house
Or told them that I plain and simple didn't have the money
But I made the right call

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote: I miss Rod Buterss.
too bad you had the usual farktards like Armooooooooooooooooo and the like who couldn't wait to get rid of Butterss and his Admin.

You know the Admin that had year after year of 6 figure profits.

Who got rid of that fat slug thomas

Who helped get the club as close to a flag as anyone.

So what do you bunch of losers do? Vote in this mob of useless nuffies and hopeless morons who

Make 6 figure losses

Extort money from loyal supporters and break up established social networks chasing $$$$$

Move the club to a crime area with consultation

And now consign their supporters to another ten years of waiting for a flag because they wouldn't pick up one of the best players in the past decade.

Oh great work Footy First.

Isn't that the name of these saviours???? FOOTY FIRST???

Well wouldn't selecting one of the best players going around be a footy first decision???

You fools have been had. This mob is absolutelty useless.

And cabbages like Armooooooooooooooooooo who were falling over themselves to get rid of the previous admin have egg all over their stupid faces.

AND I HAVE BEEN PROVEN RIGHT - ONCE AGAIN.

Suck it it you mediocrity embracing tools.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I think we may need another story going on aswell... Hopefully Dal could come out of the closet in the next 15 minutes, the hoards of 15 year old girls could come swarming on, protesting that they wont renew their memberships either, awwww poor old FF, they didn't know what they were getting themselves into...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

So the club spends all that time performing (rightfully) a thorough due dilligence on Ben. They pull together the report and present it to the board.

The board decides on the evidence put before them as well as the long term stragetic plan that has been set out that Ben does not fit the bill for who knows how many reasons.

Yet you guys who think this is a disgrace, the worst decision in the world etc all know better?

GET A GRIP

#1 Ryder fan
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:notice how the posters who really have a opinion that is worthwhile reading haven't posted on this yet???

apart form grumpy...

stress less on this, the board knows a much more than many of you pathetic twat's know, they decided it was in our best interests not to get him, sure, we move on...cya benny you drugfark...

what i finf astounding is that as soon as we were in the mix to get him and it got serious most people on here changed their tune on him.....

harvey morphed into cousins...the messiah...the one who would lead us to glory...

its sad this messiah complex remains...we can't just look at the team as is and look to improve and build it, as per usual we look to one person to change around our 15 win season to that of a 25 win season...

for shame people...he is not the messiah...never has never will be

and the last time i checked we have our core just about running into their prime, and mostly coming off injury free years (or limited injuries)...the medico's are doing their job...good news

people have become even more impatient with the hawks overtaking us this year and winning the thing, inadvertedly if the hawks didn't win and geelong went back to back i doubt we would be so cranky about this all

in the end...the board know a hell of a lot more than any of you...so why bother trying to play the barbie-doll-esque game of let's be the board...you can be westaway...you can be rocky...i will be thommo and someone else can be kellet...

the opinions of our board and how they have changed as a collection really sum up the demographic here...clever individuals most of you are.....
Only thing I ever went back on sp08 is one outlandish statement I made about him possibly being the first player I'd boo in our colours. I wouldn't have.

Apart from that I never waivered and I'm more than comfortable with the decision.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
saint66au wrote:To all of you threatening to not renew your Memberships....I reckon youll all regret typing that tomorrow but if you do go ahead and not renew..you are a disgrace and St Kilda dont need you anyway :-)
You have got to be kidding! How much crap is a supporter supposed to take? I mean really, think about it. I have supported all of their decisions (if not agreeing with them) and remained loyal and would not hear a word against them. However, I am becoming increasingly disillusioned and this decisions takes the cake.

FYI, weren't you one that was threatening to can your membership over $125 compulsory social club fee? So many of you were up in arms over that and this decision is way more important! So don't freakin' well tell me that the club doesn't need me or my membership money!
Ahh no I wasnt...whilst I disagreed with the L2 reasoning I renewed my $450 worth of membership without hesitation.

Thats what IM trying to say..disagree all you like..but throwing your membership dummy in the dirt proves nothing!!!

This is an AFL CLub run by a board..not Australian Idol

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Gilbert=Legend

What d***heads,

Bring back the old board

Richter
SS Life Member

So, time to consider why?

My number 1.......

Fatpryk got it spot on when he said that RL never wanted him.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:notice how the posters who really have a opinion that is worthwhile reading haven't posted on this yet???

apart form grumpy...
thanks for putting me in with the mob ;)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
JeffDunne

joffaboy wrote:
too bad you had the usual farktards like Armooooooooooooooooo and the like who couldn't wait to get rid of Butterss and his Admin.
Charming.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

to all you anti cousins people, you won, so dont gloat.
One of the worst decisions the club has made.
Cousins was going to be the difference to us climbing the ladder in '09
If you think ANYONE is gong to fill the void of Harvey you are fooling yourself. Our centerline is a weak link with no speed and goal kicking ability.
So now we have to wait and see if "kids" will develop into some sort of player in the years to come.
Due diligence my backside, just a bunch of sycophants

Seeya
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:

apart form grumpy...

stress less on this, the board knows a much more than many of you pathetic twat's know, they decided it was in our best interests not to get him, sure, we move on...cya benny you drugfark...

what i finf astounding is that as soon as we were in the mix to get him and it got serious most people on here changed their tune on him.....

harvey morphed into cousins...the messiah...the one who would lead us to glory...

its sad this messiah complex remains...we can't just look at the team as is and look to improve and build it, as per usual we look to one person to change around our 15 win season to that of a 25 win season...

for shame people...he is not the messiah...never has never will be

and the last time i checked we have our core just about running into their prime, and mostly coming off injury free years (or limited injuries)...the medico's are doing their job...good news

people have become even more impatient with the hawks overtaking us this year and winning the thing, inadvertedly if the hawks didn't win and geelong went back to back i doubt we would be so cranky about this all

in the end...the board know a hell of a lot more than any of you...so why bother trying to play the barbie-doll-esque game of let's be the board...you can be westaway...you can be rocky...i will be thommo and someone else can be kellet...

the opinions of our board and how they have changed as a collection really sum up the demographic here...clever individuals most of you are.....
Only thing I ever went back on sp08 is one outlandish statement I made about him possibly being the first player I'd boo in our colours. I wouldn't have.

Apart from that I never waivered and I'm more than comfortable with the decision.
the majority...

there are too many ignorant twats on here that enjoy playing pretend board and have wet dreams about being the food that robert harvey chews...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
markinUSA
SS Life Member

I want to move away from just discussing us, to saying something about him.

I hope that emotionally, Cousins has not put all his eggs in one basket and then feels like his world has fallen apart, relapses, or worse. He would be very emotionally vulnerable now - I hope he has some support structures in place, or backup plans, so that he doesn't fall in a big heap. He must be at high risk of some really awful things right now.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Quixote wrote:Cousins is as dead as disco baby.

So are St.kildas chances of winning a flag in the next 5 years :evil: :evil:

Solar
Saintsational Legend

MC Euro Gusto wrote:So the club spends all that time performing (rightfully) a thorough due dilligence on Ben. They pull together the report and present it to the board.

The board decides on the evidence put before them as well as the long term stragetic plan that has been set out that Ben does not fit the bill for who knows how many reasons.

Yet you guys who think this is a disgrace, the worst decision in the world etc all know better?

GET A GRIP
what he said

nice to see the level headed ones coming on

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
GrumpyOne

Spinner wrote: I miss Rod Buterss.
Aim better next time Spinner.

RoseInOz
Club Player

I think this is the worst decision ever!
I think now I will die waiting for that second premiership.

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Just ignore JB once you read you posted the actual thing. Works for me.

GreatNo9s
Club Player

saintspremiers2008

Without doubt the best post so far !

Who is the best number 9 for the Saints ?
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

We need to take risks and cuz was a risk worth taking but gee we only have 1 premiership

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
JeffDunne

markinUSA wrote:I want to move away from just discussing us, to saying something about him.

I hope that emotionally, Cousins has not put all his eggs in one basket and then feels like his world has fallen apart, relapses, or worse. He would be very emotionally vulnerable now - I hope he has some support structures in place, or backup plans, so that he doesn't fall in a big heap. He must be at high risk of some really awful things right now.
If he's that mentally fragile then we made the right decision.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Archie Fraser MAY be making a statement at 10pm, source SEN. Bloody well better be.

HarveysDeciple

how bout we show some balls.

Break from normality for a change...take a risk.

Don't bow to pressure....do something different. draft Cousins and dare to take a bloody risk. what has doing anything else got us? f*** all.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

For those who surf other sites, did any oppo forum behave like this when their clubs knocked BC on the head?

Legitimate question.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

GreatNo9s wrote:saintspremiers2008

Without doubt the best post so far !
you are meant to quote it so it build my ego as i live on an internet forum....

but seriously...im glad that noone on here is a part of anything closely within the club

only a few posters spring to find based on opinion that could actually add anything constructive

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.