11th Hour Sponsors Reservations on Drafting Cousins

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Pilgram
Club Player

:lol: :lol: :lol:

nice one Jeld-Wen 8-)

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:What's this f***ing 'brand' everyone keeps talking about??
I thought your adult idol Grant explained all that to you a long time back with the 'belief clouds' , 'farting at thunder', 'exiting him in' , 'KPI's and process going forward' talks you had? :shock:

“Yeah….nah””
Snakeman66
Club Player

Teflon wrote:Could be BF cr@p but this from "Brianspeaking" at Big footy.

"Ben Cousins will NOT play for St Kilda, its all done and dusted and will be confirmed by sources Tuesday evening, you heard it hear first. There is a 7 million dollar sponsorship at risk if he does."

Its all BF so who knows....time will tell I guess but if we were to pull out due to sponsor unrest you would have to ask whether Jeld Wen are just now following the media herd and why they didnt announce this position months ago prior to us expending the countless hrs/resources toward due dilligence?

IMO Jeld Wen have an opportunity to demonstrate they are a company prepared to stand behind their brand and give people another shot. Sure, your allowed to be nervous.....but dont just do what Mazda and Co do and run......besides whose not gonna buy one of their doors cause of Benc Cousins FFS....
Who ever drafts Ben Cousin will get massive exposure. There will be a photo of Ben on the front page of every newspaper in the country and if they are smart enough, they will get a club top on him for the photos proudly displaying his new colours with the sponsors name front and centre.

Who wouldn't want that level of exposure?

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
StSteven
Club Player

Who ever drafts Ben Cousin will get massive exposure. There will be a photo of Ben on the front page of every newspaper in the country and if they are smart enough, they will get a club top on him for the photos proudly displaying his new colours with the sponsors name front and centre.

Who wouldn't want that level of exposure?

Simple.....nobody who is in business. Image is everything.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Something to do with bad publicity, though personally I think it's an easy backflip stance for the clubs that change their minds? If the Saints decide against Cuz, I am 100% sure that it wouldn't have anything to do with doors, knobs and knockers!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:What's this f***ing 'brand' everyone keeps talking about??
I thought your adult idol Grant explained all that to you a long time back with the 'belief clouds' , 'farting at thunder', 'exiting him in' , 'KPI's and process going forward' talks you had? :shock:
Well, we did play a nice "brand" of footy back then. :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 3:36am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:If you want Cousins then call/email the club and let them know.

It's not just the sponsers, I believe the club is getting calls from fans anti BC.
imho, decisions like this are best left in the clubs hands, if they reckon he's good to go, I'm right behind them. However they can be swayed by popular opinion. Ppl will call them if unhappy. Ppl wont be calling to ask they draft him.
So, if you want him, tell them.
Flood ask Archie.........

“Yeah….nah””
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

The only reason Jeld Wen would pull out is we got another door supplier when we build Seaford. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.