Brisbane still intrested??? or is it just Voss

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

undecided
Club Player

Brisbane still intrested??? or is it just Voss

Voss apparently flew to Perth to meet with Cousins so does that mean Brisbane are still interested or is it just Voss trying to control the entire club.

Saints94
SS Life Member

The sponsers don't want ben cousins end of story

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Have to agree there homey. Devine Homes said if Brisbane picks up Cuz they will pull out so I doubt they will take the risk

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:Have to agree there homey. Devine Homes said if Brisbane picks up Cuz they will pull out so I doubt they will take the risk

BANG BANG
on what grounds ?? ive though this from the start that Ben simpley told Vossy he wanted to play for a Vic based club not be a big fish in a little pond again .. so to save face the Lions made up this whole story at the same time mentioning a major sponcers name in the news a couple of times

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

why would the lines care about devine homes pulling out???

considering the media attention cousins coming to the club they would pick up another sponsor in a flash with all the media exposure

imagine at the jumper-media-putting-on-ceremony when cousins put his on...with the brand new sponsor...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It's the off season, and because of BC the brand name "jeldwen" has been splashed all over the place as the saints front up to it's fair share of media conferences and interviews...

If I had a company, I would be banging down the door for that kind of exposure...

PLUGGER14
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:It's the off season, and because of BC the brand name "jeldwen" has been splashed all over the place as the saints front up to it's fair share of media conferences and interviews...

If I had a company, I would be banging down the door for that kind of exposure...
Some experts in the S&M industry reckon there is no such thing as "bad" publicity :?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

PLUGGER14 wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:It's the off season, and because of BC the brand name "jeldwen" has been splashed all over the place as the saints front up to it's fair share of media conferences and interviews...

Some experts in the S&M industry reckon there is no such thing as "bad" publicity :?
bad publicity is better then no publicity as bad publicity gets your name on peoples lips but no publicity leaves you unknown

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Ice Wolf
Club Player

PLUGGER14 wrote:

Unless of course its the bad publicity that comes with faulty products and law suits.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

PLUGGER14 wrote:

What kind of exposure is it though, will people (non saints supporters) even bother to associate Jeldwen with the Saints? Or is it more about the marketing concept, that if someone hears or see's a brand name so many times they will remember it...

Wouldn't it be more of targeting someone lookng for new doors, simply recognising the brand name?

undecided
Club Player

it would really suck if we didnt get cousins because of jeldwen

StSteven
Club Player

undecided wrote:it would really suck if we didnt get cousins because of jeldwen
I don't think many here understand business. Ask any player, coach or staff member whether they would take a player (any player) if their pay packets and future security was jeopardised which it would be if we lost a major sponsor. Very few companies are lining up for ANY sporting sponsorship in the current economic crisis.

Jobs are about to be lost and companies are going broke (take Citigroup - a very stable compnay a few months ago).

Ben's problems are of his own making and his comeback is at a very bad time economically. I believe he will be left on the shelf.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Apparently my ar$e....

And if any potential sponsor issue with us wasn't taken into consideration and dealt with weeks or even months ago I'd be staggered.

He's coming to the Saints.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Actions speak louder than words.
Voss and Brisbane's FOOTBALL MANAGER flew to Perth to see Cousins.
Brisbane is still interestd in Cousins. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

If Devine Homes pulls out of sponsoring Brisbane they may use Cousins as an excuse but the real reason will be the ruddsession.
Home building has fallen off a cliff and Devine Homes needs to cut back on expenses.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Joey
Club Player

A sponsor can't just pull their sponsorship because a club drafts a particular player, unless the player does something wrong whilst at the club!

The only thing they can do is not renew their sponsorship, when the current deal expires.

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
Pilgram
Club Player

he is our's.

GrumpyOne

Vossey just wants us to use up our first pick on Cousins. He's just maintaining the interest solely for that purpose and effectively moving his subsequent draft picks up one place.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
PLUGGER14 wrote:

bad publicity is better then no publicity as bad publicity gets your name on peoples lips but no publicity leaves you unknown
Next time someone is thinking of buying a Jeld Wen Window or door, do you think they're going to switch to another brand because Jeld Wen is the sponsor of the team that picked up BC?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:
I don't think many here understand business. Ask any player, coach or staff member whether they would take a player (any player) if their pay packets and future security was jeopardised which it would be if we lost a major sponsor. Very few companies are lining up for ANY sporting sponsorship in the current economic crisis.

Jobs are about to be lost and companies are going broke (take Citigroup - a very stable compnay a few months ago).

Ben's problems are of his own making and his comeback is at a very bad time economically. I believe he will be left on the shelf.
all players and coaches are contracted so they will get payed the same regardless of a sponcer jumpping off or not its then becomes an issue for the board to make up the $$ to cover for it

undecided
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
StSteven wrote:

all players and coaches are contracted so they will get payed the same regardless of a sponcer jumpping off or not its then becomes an issue for the board to make up the $$ to cover for it
and the board will decide if we draft BC or not

RoseInOz
Club Player

I had a thought that Michael Voss may not have gone to WA to interview Cousins, but rather to check out the young draft prospects over there.
What do you think?

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
Joey
Club Player

posted on BF by one glove:

"brisbane out.

cousins asking for 350,000.

saints only team interested"

no source given, so don't know whether to belive it

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
Pilgram
Club Player

350k would be the ceiling.
if he breaks down he gets butkiss.

Joey
Club Player

Pilgram wrote:350k would be the ceiling.
if he breaks down he gets butkiss.
he'd be pushing his luck asking for too much money if we're the only club interested unless thats the figure used to scare other clubs off.

Like i said though there was no source give on BF so its only a rumour.

Pilgram
Club Player

yeah you're right and he'll get what he's worth and with a view that he will be good for the club over the next three or four.
a lot of it has boiled down to the fact that we are the best and most suited club for him.