Level 2 have to be Social members?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Solar, I think you were being overly sensitive to the posts made in regards to the current board. As I mentioned in previous post, I wouldn't have voted for them, but to date I am fairly happy with the progress in the short time they have been in.

What plugger66 and myself were referring to was whether or not they could achieve the same fiscal results considering the current state of the economy and other varying factors (such as the GT pay out).

It will be very interesting to see how a lot of the clubs fair, fiscally speaking, over the next 12 months.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 3:42am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote: IF the club waive existing reserved seat holders, we WILL renew. I'll ask on Monday. If not, then - see ya later charlie.
That's exactly what I mentioned on the previous page of this thread...

Surely common sense has to step in for the loyal members that have previously paid to have a reserved seat on level 2 and are comfortable with the other members with reserved seats that they sit next to that are also non social club members???

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:Plugger66, I agree with you in regards to the fiscal management of the previous board. They did do a very good job and I was quite happy with their performance and was obviously one of the few that would have voted for them had it gotten to that point.

However, that said, they never injected the money required in to crucial areas, such as the football department, that desperately need it. Also, they had control in prosperous fiscal times. They have not had to face an economic downturn in the economy such as the one the current board faces. It will be interesting what sort of profit or loss we make next year.
That is what really worries me. We look like losing 300k this year even though we won 400k for winning the night GF and that was before the economic downturn. They used some crap excuse regarding more money for the GT case but they budgeted for that last year. It is great they used more money for coaches but lets face it anyone could do that. They need to make sure we dont lose much if any money next year because it isnt a great time to be asking for help.
how about we wait for the club to realese the books before having a go at the current board.
Fair enough. Fancy anyone saying something on here that may not be exactly correct.
cheers

hell you guys might be right

but say they have improved on the income and the reason for the loss is because of some "one off" payments then it might actually be a positive year. I'm all for spending more but you also have to increase your income. Personally this was where we went wrong. It's great to cut costs to get your debt down but once you get there it's important to not strip it back to the bone (thus not allowing us the chance to win the flag).

But who knows, not until we get the report before the AGM

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Solar
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:Solar, I think you were being overly sensitive to the posts made in regards to the current board. As I mentioned in previous post, I wouldn't have voted for them, but to date I am fairly happy with the progress in the short time they have been in.

What plugger66 and myself were referring to was whether or not they could achieve the same fiscal results considering the current state of the economy and other varying factors (such as the GT pay out).

It will be very interesting to see how a lot of the clubs fair, fiscally speaking, over the next 12 months.
over sensitive? All I suggested was that we wait till we see the books before making a judgement..... if thats over sensitive just wait till the real season... then you'll see me at my worst ;) (bag raph near me during the game and you'll cop it :P)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
saint66au wrote:
saint75 wrote:You can hardly blame the St Kilda Football Club for it being compulsory to have Level 2 reserved seats to get into Level 2. This is standard practice for all clubs. Take the issue up with Etihad management. It has nothing to do with elitism. Me thinks a few posters in this thread have a chip on their shoulder.

The bottom line is that if you pay for Level 2 reserved seats, you can access the dining in that area. Simple. Don't make an big issue out of nothing. They are simply offering dining facilities on Level 2. End of story.
Thats all fine and good, but its being marketed as a SC area..albeit a Level 2 Social Club area..hence the talk of a 2-tier system

I'm welcome in the Victory Room even though I never sit in the SC area on Level 1
FFS, can you not read? How is it the fault of St Kilda Football Club that you can't gain entry to the level 2 Social Club because you don't have seats on Level 2? TAKE IT UP WITH ETIHAD MANAGEMENT!!!! Put in a request that even though you don't have seats on Level 2, that you still want to be able to gain access to Level 2 Social Club.
Tosh. IF St Kilda wanted all SC members to have access to the L2 SC, they just advise ES accordingly and they tell the Ailse attendants. We are the ground hirers, within reason we can do as we please

FWIW I reckon the Saints have misjudged the average L2 fan. I think theyve thought to themselves that if they can afford $400-ish for a membership and seat, that another $120 wont worry them. THey also know that they have 500 people on a L2 waiting list (which compared to some EPL Clubs is nothing!!) and that this is one way of clearing it and making some cash, given that weve been allowed to sell new seats previously given to corporates

From the reaction on here looks like they might have made a mistake and that lots of people will be advising them of that on Monday morning

Their response will be interesting

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:
IF the club waive existing reserved seat holders, we WILL renew. I'll ask on Monday. If not, then - see ya later charlie.
Agree entirely that existing reserved seat holders, not be forced into upgrading if they don't wish to.

If they want to create a new rule that dictates, you need to be a social club member to sit on level two then apply that to new level two reserved seat applications, not already existing ones and encourage those already on level two without a social club membership to become a social club member with enticements etc...etc..., not shove it in the faces of loyal members who have had the same seat at the Dome for 8 years without any consultation whatsoever!

Nice one AF & FF nice one
:roll:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saint66au wrote:
saint75 wrote:You can hardly blame the St Kilda Football Club for it being compulsory to have Level 2 reserved seats to get into Level 2. This is standard practice for all clubs. Take the issue up with Etihad management. It has nothing to do with elitism. Me thinks a few posters in this thread have a chip on their shoulder.

The bottom line is that if you pay for Level 2 reserved seats, you can access the dining in that area. Simple. Don't make an big issue out of nothing. They are simply offering dining facilities on Level 2. End of story.
Thats all fine and good, but its being marketed as a SC area..albeit a Level 2 Social Club area..hence the talk of a 2-tier system

I'm welcome in the Victory Room even though I never sit in the SC area on Level 1
FFS, can you not read? How is it the fault of St Kilda Football Club that you can't gain entry to the level 2 Social Club because you don't have seats on Level 2? TAKE IT UP WITH ETIHAD MANAGEMENT!!!! Put in a request that even though you don't have seats on Level 2, that you still want to be able to gain access to Level 2 Social Club.
Tosh. IF St Kilda wanted all SC members to have access to the L2 SC, they just advise ES accordingly and they tell the Ailse attendants. We are the ground hirers, within reason we can do as we please

FWIW I reckon the Saints have misjudged the average L2 fan. I think theyve thought to themselves that if they can afford $400-ish for a membership and seat, that another $120 wont worry them. THey also know that they have 500 people on a L2 waiting list (which compared to some EPL Clubs is nothing!!) and that this is one way of clearing it and making some cash, given that weve been allowed to sell new seats previously given to corporates

From the reaction on here looks like they might have made a mistake and that lots of people will be advising them of that on Monday morning

Their response will be interesting
Nope, not that easy (in regards to requests to Etihad).

As for the response, it would be fair to say that only a small minority of Saints supporters would even know about Saintsational and I fully expect to see Level 2 full as per usual next season.

As I mentioned in my very first post, the increase is hard on families that cannot afford it. On the same token, the introduction of a dining room on Level 2 is fantastic news for those of us that do sit on that Level. Considering how quickly the Victory room fills up, I thought more would be enthusiastic about it as it is getting harder and harder to get a seat in there unless you get in there really early.

Basically, the only difference between the 2 rooms is the level that they are on. It is only a dining room after all. I don't believe that there will be any secret meetings going on up there.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:
IF the club waive existing reserved seat holders, we WILL renew. I'll ask on Monday. If not, then - see ya later charlie.
Agree entirely that existing reserved seat holders, not be forced into upgrading if they don't wish to.

If they want to create a new rule that dictates, you need to be a social club member to sit on level two then apply that to new level two reserved seat applications, not already existing ones and encourage those already on level two without a social club membership to become a social club member with enticements etc...etc..., not shove it in the faces of loyal members who have had the same seat at the Dome for 8 years without any consultation whatsoever!

So, you actually agree with my suggestion...

That's a first :shock:

Again this new system should be an option for NEW Social Club members and NOT for existing reserved seat members that are not Social Club members...

These members (non social club) have been sitting together for years and don't deserve this treatment of having to relocate to another area...

IMO Most members in this bracket would not renew their membership, because they would feel abandoned by the Club.

Surely the existing non social club members that have reserved seats can't be "shafted" and respect of these members should be acknowledged

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

noblejohn
Club Player

Whilst i do sympathise with those who, for reasons financial, cannot afford the extra cost, it is for the those of us who already have L2/SC a welcome move to be able to have a meal on this level and some decent bar facilities. The only place to get a meal before the game was in the buffet area (had to get there early to get a seat).
The only way to get a drink (beer) was via a long queue at a window attached to the axcess club or leave the area and go to the Vic and Cougar bars.
It will be good to have our own members area
Selfish view maybe but most of views here are based on how it affects ourselves personally

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

aussierules0k wrote: Firstly, we bring our own food as do most others around us.
Also, we're there for the footy not food.
Why do the 2 have to be mutually exclusive? I enjoy a nice meal and the footy. What is wrong with wanting and expecting both? Just because it suits you to bring your food, it sure as hell doesn't suit me to do the same. I am thrilled with the dining room on level 2 as it is closer to our seats. Why should I be made to feel like an elitist because I plan to make bloomin' good use out of it during the footy season?

Yes, agreed it could have been done better if it did unfold as you say (i.e. expecting to automatically deduct the upgrade from your account). However, lets ponder this scenario for a moment. You get your level 2 seats without social club membership and you usually take your own food. However, on one occasion you decided not to and wanted to use the dining room. How would you feel if you were barred entry or had to pay to actually enter? I am sure you would be complaining about that as well.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote: IF the club waive existing reserved seat holders, we WILL renew. I'll ask on Monday. If not, then - see ya later charlie.
That's exactly what I mentioned on the previous page of this thread...

Surely common sense has to step in for the loyal members that have previously paid to have a reserved seat on level 2 and are comfortable with the other members with reserved seats that they sit next to that are also non social club members???

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
aussierules0k wrote: Firstly, we bring our own food as do most others around us.
Why do the 2 have to be mutually exclusive? I enjoy a nice meal and the footy. What is wrong with wanting and expecting both? Just because it suits you to bring your food, it sure as hell doesn't suit me to do the same. I am thrilled with the dining room on level 2 as it is closer to our seats. Why should I be made to feel like an elitist because I plan to make bloomin' good use out of it during the footy season?

Yes, agreed it could have been done better if it did unfold as you say (i.e. expecting to automatically deduct the upgrade from your account). However, lets ponder this scenario for a moment. You get your level 2 seats without social club membership and you usually take your own food. However, on one occasion you decided not to and wanted to use the dining room. How would you feel if you were barred entry or had to pay to actually enter? I am sure you would be complaining about that as well.
Ahhh nope..I'd understand that as Im not a SC member that I dont have access to their facilities.

The one thing we all seem to agree on is that the communcation od this new criteria has been done very very badly. As AOK has pointed out, unless you were a direct debit payer, you'd have no inkling of the change until you opened the Membership brochure (correct me if Im wrong here)

Considering the impact it would have on the incumbent seat holders, a letter should have been sent the minute the idea was OK'd by the Board. Why wasnt a bit of a survey of L2 seatholders done prior to this, to gauge interest/feedback/flak? Gawd, I dont have an MBA and Ive never been a CEO in my life, but I sure as hell took a survey of where we'd like to sit when the MW was forced to move from our normal location for Rnd 22 last year. Its not rocket science

THe bad blood that this is going to cause IMHO will far outweigh the extra cash it will bring in. Its all very good running on a platform of throwing buckets of money at the Football Dept, but if obtaining that money pysses off rank and file supporters as much as this will, is it worth it?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:

So, you actually agree with my suggestion...

That's a first :shock:

Again this new system should be an option for NEW Social Club members and NOT for existing reserved seat members that are not Social Club members...

These members (non social club) have been sitting together for years and don't deserve this treatment of having to relocate to another area...

IMO Most members in this bracket would not renew their membership, because they would feel abandoned by the Club.

Surely the existing non social club members that have reserved seats can't be "shafted" and respect of these members should be acknowledged
Yes, I agree entirely with the point that you raised in this thread! :wink:

This is the right, fair and moral thing to do, if Archie's not too busy wrestling blowflies hopefully both he and the current board who have dictatorially shafted these level two members, take notice.

After Butterss delivered 5 million dollar profits in a row, is this how the current board try to arrest their shrinking bottomline?

Is it also true that the cost of a social club membership is increasing from $120 to $160?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:
saint75 wrote:

Ahhh nope..I'd understand that as Im not a SC member that I dont have access to their facilities.
Yes, you do have access. If you want to go to the Victory room (Level 1), if you are not a social club member, there is a $10 entry fee.

Instead of threatening to burn your bras (*oops, I mean cancel your memberships*), why not reasonably trying posing a solution to the club. The best way to get someone's back up is to go in all guns blazing. Archie is back on Tuesday, pose the question in a reasonable manner to him at saintscentral. You never know, he just may take your opinion on board and do something about it.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
saint66au wrote:
saint75 wrote:

Yes, you do have access. If you want to go to the Victory room (Level 1), if you are not a social club member, there is a $10 entry fee.

Instead of threatening to burn your bras (*oops, I mean cancel your memberships*), why not reasonably trying posing a solution to the club. The best way to get someone's back up is to go in all guns blazing. Archie is back on Tuesday, pose the question in a reasonable manner to him at saintscentral. You never know, he just may take your opinion on board and do something about it.
Yep..100% agree. Screaming and yelling proves nothing..especially when dealing with Archie I'd think :-) Far better to have many people stating their grievances rationally than 2 or 3 threatening to burn the place down

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 3:41am, edited 1 time in total.

noblejohn
Club Player

[Anyhow, at $65 per game, we could already sit behind the glass, with out paying any membership fees! We could lose the memberships and the SC fees and just book tickets to the games we wanna attend. The club would get ziltch.

OR we could continue supporting the club with our money.]

Which we do by buying Social club memberships.
We got them in the hope that in the event of making a grand final we get access to tickets
The reality is that it is a donation to the club.
How many with SC membership actually go to the social club at Linton St
Now we get a little something in recognition of the membership , even if it is only a cold full strength beer and a half decent place to have a meal.

Have never and will never watch the footy behind a window[/quote]

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

And here I am thinking that the very least I could do for the club I love so much is to buy a membership each year even though I do not live in Australia and have not seen a live game for the last 9 years regardless of the price

Am I right in doing this or is my love for St Kilda blinding me?????

I can't readily afford a membership however I see it as donating to a worthy institution that I really care about and it makes me feel good knowing that I can support the club in some way

Hey but whatever pushes your buttons I guess!!

Go Saints :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

aussierules0k wrote:
noblejohn wrote: Selfish view maybe but most of views here are based on how it affects ourselves personally
True. However, give it a year or 2 and you'll be the next one tossed out.... unless you got your tickets from a corporation.

Anyhow, at $65 per game, we could already sit behind the glass, with out paying any membership fees! We could lose the memberships and the SC fees and just book tickets to the games we wanna attend. The club would get ziltch.

OR we could continue supporting the club with our money.
You have not been tossed out. I really think you need to raise this issue with St Kilda as it is evident that some feel really strongly about this. Maybe the 'Ask Archie' on saintsational is the best place as you are not likely to get a hold of him by simply phoning the club.

People are becoming more and more incensed and reading things into this that simply are not there. All you are required to do is pay $125 extra for a Social Club membership. That's it. If you don't pay it, I 'believe' *as I am not sure* that you may lose your seat on Level 2. I actually haven't seen any 'worst case scenarios' posted on saints.com.au if you refuse to pay the social club membership.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote: People are becoming more and more incensed and reading things into this that simply are not there. All you are required to do is pay $125 extra for a Social Club membership. That's it. If you don't pay it, I 'believe' *as I am not sure* that you may lose your seat on Level 2. I actually haven't seen any 'worst case scenarios' posted on saints.com.au if you refuse to pay the social club membership.
It's been a while since I have been back but I would have thought $125 these days would get you Big Mac Meal upsize, a cheeseburger (sandwich only) and a hot apple pie would it not???

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

This is the way I see it...

I assume that current non social club members that have reserved seats on level 2 have not received a letter from the Club with any changes to their reserved seating...

If that's the case, IMO don't worry too much about it, but yes indeed send a letter or email to the Club seeking some clarification on the matter..

If the Club is not going to renew your reserved seats and you have not been notified it is shocking form by the Club..

However, and I feel this is what the Club is doing, any NEW Social Club members they enlist will have the option of having a reserved seat on level 2

I could not imagine any business doing otherwise

noblejohn
Club Player

The way i read it is
If you don't pay the Social club membership your reserved seat on level 2 will not be renewed, it will be reallocated to someone who will pay the the $600+

also St Fid

New social club members will not have the option of a level 2 seat because they are already turning away over 500 members a year who want these seats. The area is full, unless there is a mass exodus away from there