dal santo (herald sun)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

dal santo (herald sun)

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html

ST KILDA has only just resumed pre-season training, but Nick Dal Santo must have felt like cracking a cold one at 2.09pm yesterday. The moment AFL chief commissioner Mike Fitzpatrick gave Ben Cousins the green light, life potentially got a lot easier for Dal Santo.

If the Saints go ahead and draft Cousins, Dal Santo will be the man that benefits most.

The coach will probably win more games, the merchandise boss will sell more jumpers, but you can't beat job satisfaction.

Dal Santo copped Cameron Ling twice last year and had the pleasure of Brady Rawlings' company, too. He generally gets the opposition's most stingy tagger.

Not much fun clocking on for work and copping that.

Finally, by mid-season, Dal Santo hit the wall. After a Round 12 loss to Sydney, in which he found himself tossed down back, Santo was dropped.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Poor old Dal Santo

Geez I dont know how all the other champs in this comp get through the whole year :roll:

OH hang on a seconed all the others put in and are not lazy thats how.

Any one wants to have a crack just checkout his last finals apperance for us :twisted:

Yet another excuse for poor old Dal even the journo's sound like us saints supporters.

Dropping Dal and Milney was the best thing that RL done in 08, how many games did we win after round 12

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
chook23
Saintsational Legend

opinion of a journo not Dal

If it was Dal saying/thinking it........

saint4life
Saintschampions08
Club Player

Tag or not, your expected to perform.

Legendary
Club Player

To summarise the article in one sentence:
"St Kilda's midfield will improve if they recruit Ben Cousins, and this will benefit Nick Dal Santo".

State the bloody obvious.

No interviews, quotes, evidence, statistics, sources or analysis in that article.

Absolute page-filling crap.

ctqs
Club Player

Jeez, one bloke got the best tag for the best part of his 21-year career. And some journo thinks it's a big deal to get the ugliest bloke in the AFL to stand beside you a couple of times a year. :roll:

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
Batnoe

ctqs wrote:Jeez, one bloke got the best tag for the best part of his 21-year career. And some journo thinks it's a big deal to get the ugliest bloke in the AFL to stand beside you a couple of times a year. :roll:
when did Eljay tag Dal?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

all comments above are fair. but the bottom line is an extra quality mid-fielder would be good. you can never have too many. with harves gone someone or a few need to step up. we need 8-10 guys capable of rotating through the middle week in week out. i reckon we only have 4 or 5 at times. we need to double that.

Cro
Club Player

^ So next year we should have:
Ball
Dal
Lenny
Gram
Joey
Cuz
X
Ray
Schneider
BJ

Bakes could be in there if we need a tagger.

cowboy66

if you are creating a list of midfielders then you have to include in the rotations Armo, and Eddy and Jones as well....

Cowboy rox
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

cowboy66 wrote:if you are creating a list of midfielders then you have to include in the rotations Armo, and Eddy and Jones as well....
And.........Give Jack Steven a taste, and possibly our 1st draft pick will be given a taste. Even Sam Fisher went through there a couple of times this year !!

Duggie1
Club Player

Cro wrote:^ So next year we should have:
Ball
Dal
Lenny
Gram
Joey
Cuz
X
Ray
Schneider
BJ

There will always only be one Cuz in my book. The great Nicky Winmar :lol:

Always a Saint
Cro
Club Player

Duggie1 wrote:
Cro wrote:^ So next year we should have:
Ball
Dal
Lenny
Gram
Joey
Cuz
X
Ray
Schneider
BJ

There will always only be one Cuz in my book. The great Nicky Winmar :lol:
:lol: :lol:

For the others I was limiting it a bit, because if all the players I listed are fit I don't believe Eddy and Jones have a spot in our best 22.

Also kept S. Fisher out because I prefer him at HB all the time.

Basically just saying that we do have the 8 players at least needed for a solid rotation.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

My dad saw some of the boys training this week and noted that Dal is very serious about the the next season already. He was Jogging around the ground which is a fantastic sign. It is good to see that he is already going at match speed in November but i hope he doesn't burn himself out before the season starts. ;)

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
SAINT JUMP
Club Player

dont know about ray in our 22 yet.

Batnoe

SAINT JUMP wrote:dont know about ray in our 22 yet.

Ray is a certain starter in our top 22

If players like, Fiora, Eddy, Jones were playing regular games expect Ray to play 50 next year

ace
Saintsational Legend

[quote="redwhite&blackblood"]My dad saw some of the boys training this week and noted that Dal is very serious about the the next season already. He was Jogging around the ground which is a fantastic sign. It is good to see that he is already going at match speed in November but i hope he doesn't burn himself out before the season starts. ;)[/quote]

I have got severe arthritis in my knees so I can't run, but hey, I walk faster than Dal Santo.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
uncle joe
Club Player

Batnoe . . . If Ray is a certain starter in our top 22 .... we're in trouble !

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

redwhite&blackblood wrote:My dad saw some of the boys training this week and noted that Dal is very serious about the the next season already. He was Jogging around the ground which is a fantastic sign. It is good to see that he is already going at match speed in November but i hope he doesn't burn himself out before the season starts. ;)
Wanna wander down to training sometime and tell him that to his face Mr cheap shot ? :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

uncle joe wrote:Batnoe . . . If Ray is a certain starter in our top 22 .... we're in trouble !
Have you posted one positive thing on this forum?

FWIW I have seen plenty of Ray as my family are Bulldogs supporters and I often go to Bulldogs games.

Rays problem is not skill or disposal or toughness (he will always put his head over the ball).

It is his decision making that lets him down on occasions (like all players).

A blithe and unsubstantiated comment like the one quoted just makes you look ignorant and silly.

Get some knowledge about a player before making critisisms. Ray would be ahead of some of our mids currently on the list.

To grandly state "we are in trouble" if Ray is in our 22 is really quite silly and vapid.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
JeffDunne

I reckon people have a short memory when it comes to Dal (and most things football)

No doubt he was disappointing this year but I'm confident we're still yet to see the best of him.

SAINT JUMP
Club Player

ray to play 50 games in 1 year like to see that :D

SAINT JUMP
Club Player

your also being harsh on eddy and jones they were good last year.