The Seaford Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

No action yet according to the Boss! (Ask Archie):
Hi Tom,

We are currently in talks with the planners, developers and Frankston City Council and don’t yet have a set date for project commencement. You’re right – it is a big job which is why we are taking the time to ensure our plans are sound. We’ll be sure to notify fans once there is movement at the station! But the plan is still to be in by mid 2010 and that is very much still on track.

Go Saints!
Archie

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

This is a fair dinkum disgrace!

The entire board should be kicked out on their arses for dereliction of duty.

They got elected with NO mention that they intended to relocate the ST KILDA FOOTbALL CLUB to Frankston and then when that goes belly up they look around for a vacant lot anywhere in the area and end up at Seaford.

A bunch of complete imbeciles, thinking that this is a good thing for the football club.

Say what you like about Butterss but had he stayed as president we'd now have a training facility somewhere close to St.Kilda.

This will cost the club in the future, it will be taht much harder to attract star players to the club with a training facility so far from the city centre.

There is so much land waiting to be developed in the St.Kilda area, our spiritual home, the most marketable suburb in Victoria and one of the most marketable suburbs in Australia and what do the current board do?

Base the club even further away, in god forsaken Seaford, it would be rolled gold comedy and piss funny, if this was all a joke, but no, this is the fair dinkum reality.

No mention of this when they got voted in, not a peep, not a murmur about intention of future location, but they'd been tehre five minutes and then foisted Frankston uopn us, which then turned into Seaford.

Just make it up as they go, like policy on the run.

These dipshits have got this so wrong it's just not funny.

Archie Fraser came down in the last shower and now tells us all what a wonderful thing this is.

It breaks my heart to see the club move even further from our spiritual home, when the opportunity was there to move the club back to the St.Kilda area.

My great great grandfather who followed this club back in 1873 would be turning in his grave, with what these numbnuts have delivered.

The whole board are a disgrace, everyone involved in this catastrophic decision should be made accountable and be voted out.

Time to challenge these idiots, they are fair dinkum living in cloud cuckoo land if they think that this is actually a good thing.

Seaford, fair dinkum you've got to be joking.

the opportunity to base this club back in the St.kilda area would have been the re al catalyst to winning a premiership, this is what will increase the membership, not moving to Seaford, making it that much harder to entice star players to our club to begin with.

Not too mention the extra mental fatigue of most players having to travel an extra hour on the road down the Nepean highway to just get to training, when most are based around the St.Kilda area.

One thing that RB and GT would be in total agreement over is this is a complete crock and that the club have missed a golden opportunity to base itself closer to St kilda, our true spiritual home.

The current board are further diminishing the real identity of this club and making more likely to be a basket case in the not too distant future with this inexplicably misguided nonsense.

Basing an AFL club at Belvedere Park in Seaford, this is a fair dinkum disgrace.

This is the first step in this club becoming a basket case, undoing all the progress that was made earlier in this decade.

This will be the legacy of these buffoons, wake up and vote these numbnuts out.

FAIR DINKUM

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

yawn.....ffs.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: .............booorrrrrrrriiiiiiiiggg

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Jesus B4E! Staying at Moorabbin would have done me !

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Jesus B4E! Staying at Moorabbin would have done me !
He has to have something to WHINGE about

GT= Gone

Rixy = Gone

Unless someone is prepared to sponsor the required ammount of saline to allow him to F**T away his belly-ache, get ready for an infinate ammount of repetition !!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I really need a picture doctor to go to work on that pic. I need someone to put an L Plate on that white car up the back between the 2 blue cars, then it would look like lukel26 showing the precision skills that he learnt :lol: :lol: :roll: :wink: !!

ace
Saintsational Legend

[quote="barks4eva"]This is a fair dinkum disgrace!

There is so much land waiting to be developed in the St.Kilda area, our spiritual home, the most marketable suburb in Victoria and one of the most marketable suburbs in Australia and what do the current board do?

It breaks my heart to see the club move even further from our spiritual home, when the opportunity was there to move the club back to the St.Kilda area.[/quote]

How great it would be if the Babcock Brown Citta group were to pull out of the triangle site redvelopment into a mini Chadstone and the Saints took over the site.

We would have to get rid of the present scum bucket councillors from Port Melbourne and South Melbourne and the Lord Mayor first.
Also would have to stop Carlton's Justin Madden lurching around.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
casey scorp
Club Player

RedWhiteBlack wrote:No action yet according to the Boss! (Ask Archie):
Hi Tom,

We are currently in talks with the planners, developers and Frankston City Council and don’t yet have a set date for project commencement. You’re right – it is a big job which is why we are taking the time to ensure our plans are sound. We’ll be sure to notify fans once there is movement at the station! But the plan is still to be in by mid 2010 and that is very much still on track.

Go Saints!
Archie
They can't be serious if they expect to be in by mid-2010.

Belvedere was announced in mid-September. By mid-November we have a graphic of the building. It's not like they had to go back to square 1 - all of the components were known.

They'll need proper plans, and then the "consulatation" with the local residents can take place.

There's been no application for a planning permit yet, and if there is an objection from the local residents add another month to the 2-3 months of processing time. If there's then an appeal, add another 6 months.

Given that the project is likely to upset some residents, it is probable that there will be an appeal. If this is the case it would be unlikely that construction would commence before Christmas 2009.

Pilgram
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:This is a fair dinkum disgrace!

The entire board should be kicked out on their arses for dereliction of duty.

They got elected with NO mention that they intended to relocate the ST KILDA FOOTbALL CLUB to Frankston and then when that goes belly up they look around for a vacant lot anywhere in the area and end up at Seaford.

A bunch of complete imbeciles, thinking that this is a good thing for the football club.

Say what you like about Butterss but had he stayed as president we'd now have a training facility somewhere close to St.Kilda.

This will cost the club in the future, it will be taht much harder to attract star players to the club with a training facility so far from the city centre.

Base the club even further away, in god forsaken Seaford, it would be rolled gold comedy and piss funny, if this was all a joke, but no, this is the fair dinkum reality.

No mention of this when they got voted in, not a peep, not a murmur about intention of future location, but they'd been tehre five minutes and then foisted Frankston uopn us, which then turned into Seaford.

Just make it up as they go, like policy on the run.

These dipshits have got this so wrong it's just not funny.

Archie Fraser came down in the last shower and now tells us all what a wonderful thing this is.

It breaks my heart to see the club move even further from our spiritual home, when the opportunity was there to move the club back to the St.Kilda area.

My great great grandfather who followed this club back in 1873 would be turning in his grave, with what these numbnuts have delivered.

The whole board are a disgrace, everyone involved in this catastrophic decision should be made accountable and be voted out.

Time to challenge these idiots, they are fair dinkum living in cloud cuckoo land if they think that this is actually a good thing.

Seaford, fair dinkum you've got to be joking.

the opportunity to base this club back in the St.kilda area would have been the re al catalyst to winning a premiership, this is what will increase the membership, not moving to Seaford, making it that much harder to entice star players to our club to begin with.

Not too mention the extra mental fatigue of most players having to travel an extra hour on the road down the Nepean highway to just get to training, when most are based around the St.Kilda area.

One thing that RB and GT would be in total agreement over is this is a complete crock and that the club have missed a golden opportunity to base itself closer to St kilda, our true spiritual home.

The current board are further diminishing the real identity of this club and making more likely to be a basket case in the not too distant future with this inexplicably misguided nonsense.

Basing an AFL club at Belvedere Park in Seaford, this is a fair dinkum disgrace.

This is the first step in this club becoming a basket case, undoing all the progress that was made earlier in this decade.

This will be the legacy of these buffoons, wake up and vote these numbnuts out.

FAIR DINKUM
your problem is that you are a follower

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Time for this d**khead to be booted!

Pilgram
Club Player

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:Time for this d**khead to be booted!
i'm allowed to tell him exactly what i think of his opinion.
i'm not alone in thinking that barks4eva has a counter-productive attitude.

Richter
SS Life Member

Welcome to Saintsational FQF. I see you have only just joined. This is nothing, believe me.

Pilgram, I don't think FQF was referring to you, more like Rix4eva

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Richter wrote:
Welcome to Saintsational FQF. I see you have only just joined. This is nothing, believe me.

I was indeed referring to barks4eva and not Pilgram...

Pilgram, you made total sense... barks4eva on the other hand... :roll:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Barks, we look forward to your post on "Ask Archie" on Saintscentral, as Im sure your passion for the subject will lead you to seek answers through official channels.............................

..........rather than just banging on about it here for ever 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Attention Mods!
I think this is the THIRD attempt by barks4eva to discredit our Club, the Board and many of our genuine supporters.
He should be banned.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
Pilgram
Club Player

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
Richter wrote:

I was indeed referring to barks4eva and not Pilgram...

Pilgram, you made total sense... barks4eva on the other hand... :roll:
i'm sweet?
i was just banned from another forum yesterday and i was beginning to question if it was my haircut.

GrumpyOne

Pilgram wrote:i was just banned from another forum yesterday
Was it for over-posting?

Pilgram
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
Pilgram wrote:i was just banned from another forum yesterday
Was it for over-posting?
it was for shooting magpies

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Well said Barks.

What I hate is how the club has LIED to us just now, on the 14th of November, by calling it Bellvedre Park FRANKSTON.

FFS Archie, cut this spin bulls*** about FRANKSTON.

Yes, it is the "City of Frankston", but FFS it is SEAFORD.

PLEASE don't abuse our intellegence on this one.

Most Saints fans live in Melbourne, and know that Seaford and Frankston are different places.

Are you trying to HIDE the c**k up that was the loss of the Frankston Park permit and the subsequent move to Seaford?

Come on Archie, be a man about it!

I look forward to our new Seaford training base all set up and raring to go in early 2012.

Cut the 2010 rubbish Archie - how is it going to get through council that quickly?

Ever tried to even get planning permits quickly through a council to build or renovate a house, let alone a $11 Million community/footy project???

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 3:47am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

OK..Heres an idea..why dont you (and Barks) be men about it and post exactly what youve put here on the "Ask Archie" Forum on SAintsCentral???

You accusing him of hiding, yet you two hide away behind your keyboards ranting without the danger of a rational right of reply..and (in the case of barks) hurling un-witty abuse if someone has the gall to disagree with you.

I look forward to seeing the post on there on Friday..as is... with all the spitting venom , bluff and bluster:-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
OK..Heres an idea..why dont you (and Barks) be men about it and post exactly what youve put here on the "Ask Archie" Forum on SAintsCentral???

You accusing him of hiding, yet you two hide away behind your keyboards ranting without the danger of a rational right of reply..and (in the case of barks) hurling un-witty abuse if someone has the gall to disagree with you.

I look forward to seeing the post on there on Friday..as is... with all the spitting venom , bluff and bluster:-)
nah, why bother, he'll just spin more crap and avoid a decent answer.

Won't waste my energy......

What do YOU think about it by the way?

Or do you just want to knock us for being upset about it??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Is seaford REALLY cast in stone, yet? Is there any hope.....?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
saint66au wrote:

nah, why bother, he'll just spin more crap and avoid a decent answer.

Won't waste my energy......

What do YOU think about it by the way?

Or do you just want to knock us for being upset about it??

Carry on like a pork chop. Got a beef with the club, take it to them.

If your argument has substance, then why not stop hiding behing this forum?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.