New clash strip coming soon - "back to our traditionalr

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

maverick
Saintsational Legend

ctqs wrote:If the umpires can change their colours each week so they don't clash with either of the teams, then why can't we have a number of clash jumpers that we can wear, depending on who we're playing against? That way we can bring back the candy-stripe introduce the proposed new one, depending on who we're up against (away games only, of course!)
Now we're onto something :wink:

I actually don't care if the players wear it, I just want to buy one.
I asked Jughead sorry Archie (just joking) whether the club would consider selling them even if we don't officially wear them, but under AFL rules this is not possible.

Stupid if you ask me.

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

The candy stripe jumper was certaily my favourite - we can't have it, not because of the AFL, but because the Collingwood Football Club (who actually run the show) say we can't have stripes.

As a thought, if you remove the middle black and red stripes on the front and back of the "candy stripe" jumper, maybe we've got the perfect compromise and maybe that is Archie's solution to be announced shortly.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote: I didn't mind our last clash guersey, not a fan of the predominently white jumper, but they are the rules and I thought ours was alot better than others.
If you're comparing to Melbourne's clash strip of last year then there's certainly no argument... ugliest strip I've ever seen! (except maybe for the Fatogram a mate got for his birthday!!) :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
Saint Bev wrote: I didn't mind our last clash guersey, not a fan of the predominently white jumper, but they are the rules and I thought ours was alot better than others.
If you're comparing to Melbourne's clash strip of last year then there's certainly no argument... ugliest strip I've ever seen! (except maybe for the Fatogram a mate got for his birthday!!) :lol:
:wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Raven
Club Player

Stupid question, but can you still buy the candy stripe jumper anywhere? Like some other people, it's my favourite, I'd like to get one (not second-hand if possible, heh).