Cousins Rumour ..3AW !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iceman
Club Player

st.byron wrote:I actually had a dream last night that I was watching the Saints train ( sad I know) and Cousins was there running around in #9. So it must be true. My dreams are never wrong.
Shouldn't have told us then... number 1 rule is never tell your dreams or they don't come true! :cry:

GrumpyOne

st.byron wrote:I actually had a dream last night that I was watching the Saints train ( sad I know) and Cousins was there running around in #9. So it must be true. My dreams are never wrong.
What were the Tattslotto numbers that week?

Saints94
SS Life Member

Its going to happen end of story

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Cuz is as good as a saint and has been for a few weeks.
MG was signed for another 12 months as a sweetner,even though he's pretty much done and dusted.

Bring back the Lockett era
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

jonesy wrote:Cuz is as good as a saint and has been for a few weeks.
MG was signed for another 12 months as a sweetner,even though he's pretty much done and dusted.
MG should have been signed based on the assessment that he has a role to play next year.

If he was signed as a "sweetener" then this club is in diabolical trouble.

Seriously, so the club would pay minimumwage to a player that they know will never play again, just to get BC?

Sounds ridiculous to me. Why not offer the extra money to Cuz?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

This is what I've been told, source is reasonable at worst.

It will be good to have Cousins running around,but I'm not convinced we're just trying to top up still as they think we're within a whisker of a flag. We're in trouble if this is what the honcho's think....

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

jonesy wrote:This is what I've been told, source is reasonable at worst.

It will be good to have Cousins running around,but I'm not convinced we're just trying to top up still as they think we're within a whisker of a flag. We're in trouble if this is what the honcho's think....
If they add 4 kids in addition to Cousins then they're on the right track.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:

True.
Just don't know about all the MG caper. The blokes commitment isn't where it should be. We gave him a second chance,and he is not returning the favour. Therefore he shouldn't get another 12 months ...or will Cuz be that good for us? The jury's out here

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

jonesy wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:

True.
Just don't know about all the MG caper. The blokes commitment isn't where it should be. We gave him a second chance,and he is not returning the favour. Therefore he shouldn't get another 12 months ...or will Cuz be that good for us? The jury's out here
Please clarify... What return? Are you refering to attitude, or because of injury?

If it's his attitude, then why keep him?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
nicola69
Club Player

To all you posters who seem to think he is the answer:

You'll be sorry when he turns all our players into drug zombies who hang around with outlaw bikies who have weird piercings and smell.

Imagine, Joey, BJ, Dal, Armo, X, Raph, Max...

Noooooooooooooooooooo...

It would be too tragic.

Stop the bad influence from entering our club. Next you will be jumping at the chance to recruit the CBD murderer's friend, Didak.

we exist on a brane - thank f*** for StK
ace
Saintsational Legend

Any club can draft Cousins.
If he nominates for the main draft he runs the risk of any club drafting him and then dictating the terms of his contract.
This would be very risky strategy for a club that hasn't done its' due diligence and planned to assist Cousins.
I don't think he will nominate for the main draft, I think he will only nominate for the pre-season draft.
In the pre-season draft he can dictate the term and amount of his contract.

Once again any club can draft him BUT many precendents have been set that it is not draft tampering at the pre-season draft for a player to make it clear to all and sundry - through his player manager - that he has agreed to but not signed a contract with a particualr club.

The player manager can point out to other clubs that there are other arrangements that are required of the club under the contract such as the club providing assistance and care with respect to his addiction.

This is the good for the player and makes it a lot more risky for another club without the full details to draft him.
Additionally any other club would need to have done its' due diligence on the player - understand where he is at with his addction and his fitness etc.

If Ben Cousins and Ricky Nixon have come to an arrangement with St Kilda it is unlikely that another club would interfere.

However we must still remember how St Kilda had agreed to resume Tim Watson's career after him trainiing with St Kilda but then that s*** Sheedy went and snatched him first in the 1993 preseason draft.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

nicola69 wrote:To all you posters who seem to think he is the answer:

You'll be sorry when he turns all our players into drug zombies who hang around with outlaw bikies who have weird piercings and smell.

Noooooooooooooooooooo...

It would be too tragic.

Stop the bad influence from entering our club. Next you will be jumping at the chance to recruit the CBD murderer's friend, Didak.
keep a close eye on this poster Mods.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

For future posters on this thread, it's actually really simple:

Option A - I would prefer Cousins not to come to the Saints

Option B - I would like Cousins to come to the Saints

Do not think that your overly emotive posts will sway people's opinions, we have all made up our minds :roll:

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

The Fireman wrote:

Noooooooooooooooooooo...

It would be too tragic.

keep a close eye on this poster Mods.
Yes mods, have the straight jackets handy......

claystreet
Club Player

LOL the whole teams going to turn to drugs because cuz is an addict :roll:

tooo funny.

When Benny was running around like a half crazed zombie there is noway i wanted him at the club, buuut if hes clean and rehabilitating then i welcome him if hes coming, but if he stuffs up KICK HIM OUT yesterday.

I reckon he will be ok, the footy is what he wants and needs right now, cut him some slack and give the man a fair go.

Too many people about who have never ever stuffed up in their lives not.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Some folk need to get a serious grip.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Noooooooooooooooooooo...

It would be too tragic.

Maybe it's just what our players need in order to toughen the F*** up. :lol:

Legendary
Club Player

I work every day with two people who regularly use recreational drugs on the weekend. I also work with some devout Christians and very conservative types of people.

Do I take drugs just because I work with people who do?

Am I a devout Christian just because I work with people who are?

People have their own values systems and beliefs about issues such as drug use ... I confront drug users in every day society ... why shouldn't AFL footballers?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:I work every day with two people who regularly use recreational drugs on the weekend. I also work with some devout Christians and very conservative types of people.

?
So that is two groups of people you know that get their "fix" on the weekends :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Richter
SS Life Member

Legendary wrote:I work every day with two people who regularly use recreational drugs on the weekend. I also work with some devout Christians and very conservative types of people.
They are both the same as per Karl Marx....... "Religion is the opium of the masses"
Karl Marx in Critique of Hegel’s Philosophy of Right wrote: Religion is, indeed, the self-consciousness and self-esteem of man who has either not yet won through to himself, or has already lost himself again. But man is no abstract being squatting outside the world. Man is the world of man—state, society. This state and this society produce religion, which is an inverted consciousness of the world, because they are an inverted world. Religion is the general theory of this world, its encyclopedic compendium, its logic in popular form, its spiritual point d'honneur, its enthusiasm, its moral sanction, its solemn complement, and its universal basis of consolation and justification. It is the fantastic realization of the human essence since the human essence has not acquired any true reality. The struggle against religion is, therefore, indirectly the struggle against that world whose spiritual aroma is religion. Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of religion is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which religion is the halo.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Batnoe

when is this rumour going to come to fruitiion?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Noooooooooooooooooooo...

It would be too tragic.

late nomination for worst post of the year?

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Noooooooooooooooooooo...

It would be too tragic.

Who's this peanut!!!

GrumpyOne

Richter wrote:
They are both the same as per Karl Marx....... "Religion is the opium of the masses"
Karl Marx in Critique of Hegel’s Philosophy of Right wrote: Religion is, indeed, the self-consciousness and self-esteem of man who has either not yet won through to himself, or has already lost himself again. But man is no abstract being squatting outside the world. Man is the world of man—state, society. This state and this society produce religion, which is an inverted consciousness of the world, because they are an inverted world. Religion is the general theory of this world, its encyclopedic compendium, its logic in popular form, its spiritual point d'honneur, its enthusiasm, its moral sanction, its solemn complement, and its universal basis of consolation and justification. It is the fantastic realization of the human essence since the human essence has not acquired any true reality. The struggle against religion is, therefore, indirectly the struggle against that world whose spiritual aroma is religion. Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of religion is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which religion is the halo.
Groucho Marx once said:
I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. What he was doing in my pyjamas I don't know.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Do I take drugs just because I work with people who do?

Am I a devout Christian just because I work with people who are?

People have their own values systems and beliefs about issues such as drug use ... I confront drug users in every day society ... why shouldn't AFL footballers?
Why not be both - a devout Christian who takes recreational drugs on the weekend? 8-)

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.