More changes at St Kilda

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

More changes at St Kilda

Sorry if this was mentioned before but Media Manager Matt Schmidt is moving on.

I'm sure "Saints Media" could tell us more. :lol:

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Re: More changes at St Kilda

B W and R all over wrote:Sorry if this was mentioned before but Media Manager Matt Schmidt is moving on.

I'm sure "Saints Media" could tell us more. :lol:
did not last long.......1 season

a better offer maybe.

saint4life
Legendary
Club Player

That's a big loss ... was very highly rated within the industry and at the club, and wouldn't surprise me if he received a sensational job offer in the corporate sector ...

Was the best Communications/Media manager in the AFL.

Need to find a good replacement.

Saints Media
Club Player

Hi guys,

Here is an internal e-mail sent by Archie Fraser to all staff announcing Matt's departure.

SM

Dear All,

Please be advised that Matt Schmidt has decided to leave the Club to move into his own business in what is an exciting opportunity for him.

Matt will be leading a hot new start up company and has been offered a sizable equity stake in this business, which is based in Melbourne and has significant international opportunities for growth.

I would like to personally take this opportunity to thank Matt for his significant contribution over the last 10 months.

He has worked tirelessly and professionally to improve our relationships with key stakeholders including AFL broadcast partners and wider AFL media as well as key community and State Government contacts.

Matt's work with the government, local council and the AFL has been crucial in finalising our move to Seaford.

The Saints in the Community program has also had an outstanding first year and is now a viable sponsorship property.

Please join me in thanking Matt for his significant contribution and wishing him well with his new venture. His last day will be Friday October 31st.

Regards,
Archie

PS - Matt will be assisting the Club on some ongoing key stakeholder issues on a consultancy basis until the end of 2008.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Saints Media wrote:Hi guys,

Here is an internal e-mail sent by Archie Fraser to all staff announcing Matt's departure.

SM

Dear All,

Please be advised that Matt Schmidt has decided to leave the Club to move into his own business in what is an exciting opportunity for him.

Matt will be leading a hot new start up company and has been offered a sizable equity stake in this business, which is based in Melbourne and has significant international opportunities for growth.

I would like to personally take this opportunity to thank Matt for his significant contribution over the last 10 months.

He has worked tirelessly and professionally to improve our relationships with key stakeholders including AFL broadcast partners and wider AFL media as well as key community and State Government contacts.

Matt's work with the government, local council and the AFL has been crucial in finalising our move to Seaford.

The Saints in the Community program has also had an outstanding first year and is now a viable sponsorship property.

Please join me in thanking Matt for his significant contribution and wishing him well with his new venture. His last day will be Friday October 31st.

Regards,
Archie

PS - Matt will be assisting the Club on some ongoing key stakeholder issues on a consultancy basis until the end of 2008.
How hot is that new company Archie :shock:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

This could open up an opportunity for some of our budding media types;

Saintsational is already in the Media Dept at Melbourne Victory

Harveys Deciple is studying journalism

Any others with ability & credibility? !!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Sad to see him go. Matt's a keen supporter/reader of Saintsational

All the best in your new venture.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

Eastern wrote:This could open up an opportunity for some of our budding media types;

Looking at what Matt was doing, they'll probably be seeking someone quite experienced (and well connected!) with more of a view towards strategic communications. Looking at the staff page on the website, they have a few others in the media/marketing department that might step up?

Best of luck Matt and thanks for the work you've done. While the Saints are often perceived as tough to deal with in the media, the credibility of the Club has improved dramatically in the last 12 months.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:This could open up an opportunity for some of our budding media types;

Think you'll find he's already graduated Eastern ;-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

RedWhiteBlack wrote:Looking at what Matt was doing, they'll probably be seeking someone quite experienced (and well connected!) with more of a view towards strategic communications. Looking at the staff page on the website, they have a few others in the media/marketing department that might step up?
Reckon you've got a chance, RWB?
Last edited by evertonfc on Tue 28 Oct 2008 11:18am, edited 2 times in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:
RedWhiteBlack wrote:Looking at what Matt was doing, they'll probably be seeking someone quite experienced (and well connected!) with more of a view towards strategic communications. Looking at the staff page on the website, they have a few others in the media/marketing department that might step up?
Haha, I might send in my application :P

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

RedWhiteBlack wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
Haha, I might send in my application :P
Good luck if you go for it.

Has Archie mentioned anything? That would leave the club media a little short on numbers, though...

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

"He has worked tirelessly and professionally to improve our relationships with key stakeholders including AFL broadcast partners and wider AFL media as well as key community and State Government contacts. "

...well if that's the case why are we getting bent over this year with the least number of free to air games of all the vic clubs ffs....... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

Legendary wrote:That's a big loss ... was very highly rated within the industry and at the club...

I've heard different. From a few people in the know.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
Bono
Club Player

[quote="Legendary"]That's a big loss ... was very highly rated within the industry and at the club, and wouldn't surprise me if he received a sensational job offer in the corporate sector ...

Need to find a good replacement.[/quote]

You cannot be serious - highly rated. Try not rated very much at all. Just ask the journo's!

PLUGGER14
Club Player

Let's get Georgie back. She was fantastic

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

PLUGGER14 wrote:Let's get Georgie back. She was fantastic
she left as apparently st kilda didnt pay her the money she was really worth so she walked

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
PLUGGER14
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
PLUGGER14 wrote:Let's get Georgie back. She was fantastic
she left as apparently st kilda didnt pay her the money she was really worth so she walked
Pay peanuts - get monkeys!

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Someone like Quinton Gleeson sounds like he could most into that area. He's in strategic commercial marketing, etc.

Although, surely the Carlton connection would count against him!! :lol:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:"He has worked tirelessly and professionally to improve our relationships with key stakeholders including AFL broadcast partners and wider AFL media as well as key community and State Government contacts. "

...well if that's the case why are we getting bent over this year with the least number of free to air games of all the vic clubs ffs....... :evil:
Good point.

But did Matt bend do anything to make the AFL want to fork us, or is it other reasons???

I reckon Dimwit doesn't like a team playing defensive style footy/boring footy, and decided to penalise us next season.

We've had a decent run in 07/08 FIXture wise, so I guess it was our turn again to get bent over!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
stinger wrote:"He has worked tirelessly and professionally to improve our relationships with key stakeholders including AFL broadcast partners and wider AFL media as well as key community and State Government contacts. "

Good point.

But did Matt bend do anything to make the AFL want to fork us, or is it other reasons???

I reckon Dimwit doesn't like a team playing defensive style footy/boring footy, and decided to penalise us next season.

We've had a decent run in 07/08 FIXture wise, so I guess it was our turn again to get bent over!
Might be a tad harsh you blokes..havent you ever "worked tirelessly" or similar in your line fo work to try and improve something, only to have your best efforts fall on the deaf ears of people who possibly have diferent agendas. laying the blame, even partially, at Matt's feet for our reduction in Primetime TV slots is pretty harsh with the limited facts that anyone outside the Club and the AFL would have

Do you know for a FACT that he didnt save us from even a worse "bending over"?? No I dont either, so I'm not gonna hang him out to dry for it

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Good point.

Might be a tad harsh you blokes..havent you ever "worked tirelessly" or similar in your line fo work to try and improve something, only to have your best efforts fall on the deaf ears of people who possibly have diferent agendas. laying the blame, even partially, at Matt's feet for our reduction in Primetime TV slots is pretty harsh with the limited facts that anyone outside the Club and the AFL would have

Do you know for a FACT that he didnt save us from even a worse "bending over"?? No I dont either, so I'm not gonna hang him out to dry for it
Oh come on now, a worse bending over re FTA than we already got?

Less than 10 games on FTA?

I reckon that would be close to impossible for a Melbourne based side, considering the interstate teams and the reluctance of FTA to broadcast interstate team vs interstate team into Melbourne especially, if you get my drift....

Now as I stated I'm not hanging Matt on the FTA issue like Stinger has......

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

simply we are not sexy anymore...carlton is sexy, hawthorn is sexy, richmond could become sexy

its going to look a little silly though when the team with less than 10 fta matches makes and wins the granny...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:simply we are not sexy anymore...carlton is sexy, hawthorn is sexy, richmond could become sexy

its going to look a little silly though when the team with less than 10 fta matches makes and wins the granny...
Yeah, but let's face it. None of us will care if that happens to the Saints :D

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:That's a big loss ... was very highly rated within the industry and at the club, and wouldn't surprise me if he received a sensational job offer in the corporate sector ...

Need to find a good replacement.
what relation are you to matt? :lol: