Get over the draw and grit the teeth!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Get over the draw and grit the teeth!!

For FFS if I read one more thread on how unfair our draw is blah blah blah...... I'll freaking throw up!!! :evil:

While it might be true that we have been hard done by in some areas[and the filth looked after]I read our draw as not being that bad.

We have 15 games at the Dome and two of our travelling games are in Tassie and the gold coast[home game] where we have a good chance of winning.

The lackof G games[1] is not good but what the hell let's just deal with it.

I have a strong belief that the harder draws tends to forge better sides and come the business end the extra quality comes to the fore.

The year is bound to be exciting with the addition of Ray and more than likely Cousins 8-)

Add the return of Maguire and Baker along with the natural improvement of the younger guys like Armo,Stevens,Allen,McEnvoy,Geary etc

There is a lot to look forward to... NO DOUBT IN MY MIND :twisted:

Let's worry about what we can control and the draw is not one of them..

Like the fact our last 3 games are in Melbourne and should win games...

Will come home strongly.

Keep positive guys we will be in the mix again ....

Trust old uncle saint Pat :twisted: :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

and we somehow need another thread on this topic???

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Baldock Rules
Club Player

Re: Get over the draw and grit the teeth!!

saint patrick wrote:For FFS if I read one more thread on how unfair our draw is blah blah blah...... I'll freaking throw up!!! :evil:

While it might be true that we have been hard done by in some areas[and the filth looked after]I read our draw as not being that bad.

We have 15 games at the Dome and two of our travelling games are in Tassie and the gold coast[home game] where we have a good chance of winning.

The lackof G games[1] is not good but what the hell let's just deal with it.

I have a strong belief that the harder draws tends to forge better sides and come the business end the extra quality comes to the fore.

The year is bound to be exciting with the addition of Ray and more than likely Cousins 8-)

Add the return of Maguire and Baker along with the natural improvement of the younger guys like Armo,Stevens,Allen,McEnvoy,Geary etc

There is a lot to look forward to... NO DOUBT IN MY MIND :twisted:

Let's worry about what we can control and the draw is not one of them..

Like the fact our last 3 games are in Melbourne and should win games...

Will come home strongly.

Keep positive guys we will be in the mix again ....

Trust old uncle saint Pat :twisted: :wink:
Couldn't agree more Pat.I am very optimistic despite the draw.

There are freaks and freaks and Baldock was both of those.
older saint
SS Life Member

My issue is the financial impact of the draw. The actual playing perspective it is not too bad, 4 of the top eight teams, 15 at the dome 1 trip to Perth.

The worry is with 10 Sunday games sponsors will get less kick for their buck, hence will not pay as much. This will potentially have an effect on attendances with 4 twilight games and 1 monday game and with the downturn in the economy it could not have been a worse year to get such a draw.

As i said on another thread potentially could cost the club between $200 - $400K in lost revenue. The bonus from the AFL of the Gold Coast game which should be a plus may just put us back to square. Quite unfair considering where we finished and where Rich and Carlton finished

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

You will find that the Monday game is a Collingwood home game so no loss to the saints. I actually think the draw is fine even though the saints only get to Perth once this year. ( I live over there) If we are good enough we will make the finals. We just need to make sure the Saints get off to a good start.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:For FFS if I read one more thread on how unfair our draw is blah blah blah...... I'll freaking throw up!!! :evil:
For those that don't know;

saint patrick also looks like Terry Wallet :roll: :wink: :wink: !!

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

The difference being I haven't paid a cent for my tan ...Free Mt.Martha sunshine.... 8-)

And for those that don't know

Reverend Eastern 's head can only be described as a half eaten pastie

And you'll struggle tp hear him in a social situation as he is a well known whisperer..

IE: He never shouts :roll: :wink: :twisted:

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
Eastern wrote:

The difference being I haven't paid a cent for my tan ...Free Mt.Martha sunshine.... 8-)

Reverend Eastern 's head can only be described as a half eaten pastieAnd you'll struggle tp hear him in a social situation as he is a well known whisperer..

Is that a healthy vegie pastie or a meat & vegie pastie :roll: :roll: :evil: :twisted: :wink: !!

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
saint patrick wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Reverend Eastern 's head can only be described as a half eaten pastieAnd you'll struggle tp hear him in a social situation as he is a well known whisperer..

Is that a healthy vegie pastie or a meat & vegie pastie :roll: :roll: :evil: :twisted: :wink: !!
In livewire prematch it could be Herbert Adams or on a good day even a Sargents....

after the game it gets a little home brand... :shock: :wink: :twisted:

linz
Club Player

I had a brief scan. OK we play a few Sunday games but I think we only play the Hawks and Cats only once and in the West only once so maybe its not too bad.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

St Fidelius wrote:and we somehow need another thread on this topic???
No, this is not just another thread on this topic, it is a POSITIVE thread on this topic. After having read the whinging and whining to date, it is more than welcome.

You summed it up perfectly op. Really, it doesn't matter when we play, as long as we win!!!!!

SainterX
Club Player

And it really doesn't matter what kind of draw Collingwood gets.

They always choke in the end no matter how easy things are made for them.

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.