Oh No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for your reply - it saves me from debating when I don't need to...

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

fonz_#15 wrote:i have never sat down with Ross Lyon and had a chat about footy, there is nothing to indicate that he knows more than me about footy.
Do you mean apart from the fact he had to apply for, and then get a senior AFL coaching gig?

On all the available evidence he's a long, long, long way in front of you on the AFL knowledge front.

He's well in front of me too if that makes you feel any better ... :wink:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
Halo Halo wrote:I HATE posts like this!!

Fiora had another year to go on his contract & he didnt expect to be delisted!

With all the negativity the poor bloke cops I would not be surprised that he doesnt want to play seniors footy..

You guys constantly give him shite!!

Get off his back!!

GO FIZZ
i'm with you mate...
And me...

Frankly, I'm surprised the guy isn't suicidal given the cr@p he gets on this forum.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
And me...

Frankly, I'm surprised the guy isn't suicidal given the cr@p he gets on this forum.
Frankly, I'm surprised the guy's still on our list given the crap he dishes up on the field.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:
doristhesaint wrote:I will give him a break when he gives us something :oops: anything :evil:

Who ever gave him a contract should be strung up :twisted:
Leave the guy alone, he isnt going anywhere considering he is contracted.
sick of this guy getting mentioned
what is it with all this 'leave the guy alone' crap.
He gets criticised because he bloody well deserves it. Yes he has another year on his contract yada yada, but people will get off his case when he stands up and delivers something worth praising. Has had more chances than anyone else I can think of and consistently fails to give it a shake. Deadwood.
So, please enlighten us with your achievements as an AFL superstar... :roll:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

hopefully had has a better year than this year...as it wasn't his best obviously

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

WayneJudson42 wrote:
st.byron wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:
doristhesaint wrote:I will give him a break when he gives us something :oops: anything :evil:

He gets criticised because he bloody well deserves it. Yes he has another year on his contract yada yada, but people will get off his case when he stands up and delivers something worth praising. Has had more chances than anyone else I can think of and consistently fails to give it a shake. Deadwood.
i love these responses :roll:

we are not paid well to play sport like he is

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
To the top
SS Life Member

On a good day Fiora can be a very dangerous player. I would like to see him around or closing on the 50 metre mark with licence to "go the distance" off his left foot (with improved confidence therefore accuracy).

Can also take a "grab" which adds to his potential to cause headaches.

I would not have him in my best 22, but only 22 can get into that!

His best will be 5 touches, 5 goals type of stuff.

And if he can do that, he may just be in my best 22.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

fonz_#15 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
st.byron wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:

i love these responses :roll:

we are not paid well to play sport like he is
And for good reason too... coz you'd crap your jocks on an AFL field. Another gutless keyboard hero, who can cr@p on people who can't defend themselves. :evil:

If he isn't delisted, then it must be for a reason. :?:

Accept him what he is, and let's see if he can earn his spot. He may well never play again for all I know, and if he gets cut, too bad.

Still no reason to pour personal abuse on the guy.

Get off the guys back FFS. You are a tool.

Is that a more likeable answer???

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

its not personal abuse, he just isn't good enough. i have never once said he is a s*** bloke.

i may be a keyboard hero or whatever you want to call it but if you think average players like him deserve a spot on our list then you obviously dont have high hopes for the club.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
FullMonty
Club Player

Get off his back FFS. :evil:
Why do so many passionate saints supporters bag the crap out of our own guy's?

Go Fizz!

Montyrules!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

fonz_#15 wrote:its not personal abuse, he just isn't good enough. i have never once said he is a s*** bloke.

i may be a keyboard hero or whatever you want to call it but if you think average players like him deserve a spot on our list then you obviously dont have high hopes for the club.
So now you're a mind reader as well?

I've had high hopes for this club for 40 years now.

Why do I not have high hopes for our club? If they decided to cut him, then I'd accept their decision.

What annoys me is that these threads are started in the first place. And that certain players are always singled out for abuse and criticism.

There are players on our list who will not win you a flag, and Fiora is but one of them. But why single him out?

Let's start a thread on CJ, Milne and a few others who didn't step up during the finals??

Read my sig!

vacuous space
SS Life Member

He's not safe yet. There's still ten more days before the list is finalised. They could be sorting out TPP issues before getting rid of guys with contracts.

That, or they might have BIG plans for Fiora in 2009.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

vacuous space wrote:He's not safe yet. There's still ten more days before the list is finalised. They could be sorting out TPP issues before getting rid of guys with contracts.

Well I hope for the sake of a few posters on this forum that the clubs cuts him. His presence seems to somehow throw their lives into turmoil.

Maybe they want to keep him, so he can take the heat off Ray... who appears to have gained whipping boy status already?

linz
Club Player

IMO he will never play in a premiership side. He might be OK in a list of 40 odd players but not in a list of 22 premiership players. Having said that, he's a damn sight better than I could ever be, so good on you fizz. I hope you prove me wrong.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
vacuous space wrote:He's not safe yet. There's still ten more days before the list is finalised. They could be sorting out TPP issues before getting rid of guys with contracts.

Well I hope for the sake of a few posters on this forum that the clubs cuts him. His presence seems to somehow throw their lives into turmoil.

Maybe they want to keep him, so he can take the heat off Ray... who appears to have gained whipping boy status already?
i'm glad the footy club looks after the supporters and tells us who is the whipping boy and who is the heir apparent

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

WayneJudson42 wrote:Maybe they want to keep him, so he can take the heat off Ray... who appears to have gained whipping boy status already?
There's always room for more than one whipping boy around here. With Blake having a solid season and Raph finishing strongly, there's more than enough reserve bile for both Ray and Fiora.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
nicola69
Club Player

fonz_#15 wrote:he is rubbish.it is a travesty that someone with balls like Birssy has been delisted yet this peah-heart is still on our list.
I'm always behind the news. Has Birss been delisted? I'd better go check all the recent threads...

Fiora is a fringe player who has managed to hang on because

1) He is a good attacking player when in form

2) He follows instructions and is a team player, a linking type between the backs and the forwards - perhaps your old style wingman.

His coaches know he is an outside, ahead of the ball player - but there are roles in the side during the year for a player like this. If he is out of form, then it's the magoos.

But if Birss has been delisted, Fizzer is lucky to survive. Maybe those marks of the week saved him? We all like a good grab.

we exist on a brane - thank f*** for StK
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Not a fan of Fizz personally, but was resigned to him playing another year way back...

Think the cr@p put on him on here is way over the top....

He is far from the worst player on our list....

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

maverick wrote:Not a fan of Fizz personally, but was resigned to him playing another year way back...

Think the cr@p put on him on here is way over the top....

He is far from the worst player on our list....
Once again, you are the voice of reason.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote: So, please enlighten us with your achievements as an AFL superstar... :roll:
come on Wayne, you're better than that. You and I both know that's utterly irrelevant.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
Accept him what he is, and let's see if he can earn his spot.
and there Wayne, you've hit the nail on the head. He hasn't earned his spot. And he's had 8 years worth of chances.
On the list more by good fortune of having another year on his contract than having earned his spot.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

FullMonty wrote:Get off his back FFS. :evil:
Why do so many passionate saints supporters bag the crap out of our own guy's?

Go Fizz!
yeh ok let's be happy with mediocre inconsistent under-performers just coz they're in a Saints jumper. I want to see us win a flag, not ponce about with deadwood who've had their chances and then some to prove they're worth a go in the RW&B and consistently come up short.

SAINT JUMP
Club Player

wayne your one of the worst, people for bagging players. from my seat, cj had a great game against geelong,and kept leon quiet, against the pies. oh sorry you dont bag players. only the ones, youll never give a go. dont get so personal about players ability, they wouldnt give a rats about your oppion.

SAINT JUMP
Club Player

next year fizz could come out, and have a good year. a few will have to eat humble pie. some of the big stars, werent crash hot in the finals either.