butterss is a turkey, says archie

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

RBnW
Club Player

Butterrs should just go away and move on, why would he have a go like this at the club he must have been pissed when they called him.....
Its sad as it just takes any shine off what he achieved when he was the President...
last year the club lost money and finished 9th, in what was Butterrs last year and there was still the GT issue (which is a fight he picked with GT) hanging over into this year which cost plenty of $'s to clean up......
Sad to hear he just will not move on......he is such an EGO driven dick***d...
Shame, shame, shame......and he is the one looking like a goose.......
It's good that the club hit back at him today......
Pull youre head in Rod.... :oops: :oops:

Our best is yet
to come......
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Re: archie is a goose, says butterss

JeffDunne wrote:
Rod SoftAs wrote:"Ben's a quality player, but you've got to have a plan, a strategy," he said.

. . .

"Having said that I don't know what their plan is."
:shock:
why should he know their plan? he is not on the board anymore

i wish all ex presidents, coaches etc would move on and not bad mouth anyone!
JUST MOVE ON! :evil:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:Butterrs should just go away and move on, why would he have a go like this at the club he must have been pissed when they called him.....
Its sad as it just takes any shine off what he achieved when he was the President...
last year the club lost money and finished 9th, in what was Butterrs last year and there was still the GT issue (which is a fight he picked with GT) hanging over into this year which cost plenty of $'s to clean up......
+1..well said

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
markp
Saintsational Legend

"If I could say one thing to Rod it would be, 'You've had your go, now move on and do it with grace, please'. You said you would do it with grace . . . and I have to say its been anything but graceful."
Sounds familiar....

St Marcus
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
RBnW wrote:Butterrs should just go away and move on, why would he have a go like this at the club he must have been pissed when they called him.....
+1..well said

Plus 2
I met Butters in 2000 at a friends 50th birthday. She introduced me as she knew I was very interested in meeting him. I was then subjected to half an hour of the world according to his Lordship Sir Rod. What an EGO, but I suppose you don't get to his level of success without one.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

joffaboy wrote:Only Salesmen think that revenue is the most important parameter in a business.
That's because most salespeople work in a trading company that manufactures or (more commonly) imports and sells goods. It's primary, and in most cases, close to only, income is derived from that means. Revenue and GP% become the only focus. Everything else with the exception of controlling their own operating costs is out of their sphere of operation. They are close to being correct in the world they generally inhabit as it is the most significant thing they can control.
As many of the basic business measures then have revenue as one of the factors of the derivative measure (ITO as an example), an increase in revenue always has a positive effect (in isolation). It is only if you move into the operations (manufacturing, distribution etc) or finance departments of a company where revenue takes on lesser importance.

However I think that attitude would change if revenue started to disappear?? :wink: :)

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: butterss a turkey, says archie (archie a goose: butterss

bigcarl wrote:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html

ST KILDA president Greg Westaway yesterday hit back at predecessor Rod Butterss, saying the former club boss had left the Saints with "a legacy of liabilities and no strategic plan". Westaway was responding to a scathing attack by Butterss at the weekend when he said the Saints had no direction or plan for the future.

Westaway called his predecessor "old news" and "juvenile" and said he needed to "grow up".

Chief executive Archie Fraser, who was appointed by Butterss in 2006, said the former president had been overwhelmingly ousted by Saints members 9000 votes to 135 a year ago.

"I doubt even his own family voted for him with such a dismal result," Fraser said yesterday.

In an interview with the Sunday Herald Sun, Butterss said the Westaway-Fraser administration had no strategy.

He called Westaway "an ordinary performer" and Fraser "a goose" who "would pick a fight with a blowfly".

"There's nobody on the board that's ever achieved anything in business," said Butterss, claiming only one of this year's board had their own business.

Westaway said the members had wanted change and "voted with their feet".

"We've made significant progress but we still have a long way to go," he said.

Westaway said the attacks on his board's credibility were laughable.

"There are actually five board members who have owned their own incredibly successful businesses. The fact that Rod said only one, only further hits at his credibility. Not that there is much more of that left.

"If I could say one thing to Rod it would be, 'You've had your go, now move on and do it with grace, please'. You said you would do it with grace . . . and I have to say its been anything but graceful."

Butterss claimed the club's finances would reveal incompetence, the decision to make Frankston its base was "terrible", and it had no idea of how to handle the potential recruiting of Ben Cousins.

Fraser said moving to Frankston was a long-term deal to "cement an ownership of the Bayside region".

"Staying at Moorabbin was not an option," Fraser said.

"We were left with a legacy of bad relationships and economically it couldn't work. Our deal at Frankston is the best financial deal in the competition and our players and members are looking forward to us finally having the elite facilities they deserve.

He (Butterss) is obviously still bitter and twisted but for the sake of the football club he really needs to get over it. If I'm being called a goose by a turkey I'll take it as a compliment."

Fraser said the bickering was not good for the club.

"The more aligned a football club is with past administration, I think the better it is for everyone," he said.[/quote]

a good honest reply.......wasn't butarse the turkey that kept publicly peading for thomas to move on...and not be a spoiler........archie's got the dickheads number, allright

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Was it not Butthead that said to a former coach to but out and let them get on with running the club (or something to that effect?) 2 years ago. Time for Butthead to listen to his own words and if he has a comment make in here where it is more anonymous and won't tarnish the club (that is if he still loves the club enough not to drag them though mum). Dare say the comments are just his way of getting himself back in the papers been a lean 12 months for RB media wise.

It takes a turkey to hire a goose.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
marksnsparks
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
Rod Butterss wrote:
"I think it's a terrible decision (to move to Frankston). How many players do you know live in Frankston or want to live in Frankston or desire to?

"They all live around bayside in Elwood, Middle Park, Albert Park, that's where they want to be. But that's Archie. He'd pick a fight with a blowfly. He's just a goose."
Absolutely 100%, switched on, a sad day when the current board took over and decided to build a training facility at Belvedere Park in Seaford :roll:

When the deal at Frankston Park went belly up, the response was to go looking for a vacant lot, FAIR DINKUM, all they needed to do was organize another board meeting for that

Bring Butterss back, overthrow the current numbnuts who moved the club's base even further from our true spiritual home and let's get serious here.

The current board have just made our club far less appealing as an option to players whom we try to lure our way in the competitive business of AFL football, with a training facility located so far from the city centre.

Absolute imbecilic decision by the current board.

Time for a board challenge, get Butterss back and get this club back to where it belongs!

At least Rod Butterss has his eye's open and he didn't make over 20 million by not knowing some basic fundamentals!

The current board better be ready for the next AGM, FAIR DINKUM![/b]
Living in the past. Never gonna happen.

This post was a bees d**k away from being a troll post. Sorry Barks, but you must have been on the meths to write this one.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

redwhite&blackblood wrote:Was it not Butthead that said to a former coach to but out and let them get on with running the club (or something to that effect?) 2 years ago. Time for Butthead to listen to his own words and if he has a comment make in here where it is more anonymous and won't tarnish the club (that is if he still loves the club enough not to drag them though mum). Dare say the comments are just his way of getting himself back in the papers been a lean 12 months for RB media wise.

It takes a turkey to hire a goose.
however if you were in the media you would certainly know who to turn to to get a headline right??

who really cares what he thinks...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
GrumpyOne

marksnsparks wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Rod Butterss wrote:
"I think it's a terrible decision (to move to Frankston). How many players do you know live in Frankston or want to live in Frankston or desire to?

"They all live around bayside in Elwood, Middle Park, Albert Park, that's where they want to be. But that's Archie. He'd pick a fight with a blowfly. He's just a goose."
Absolutely 100%, switched on, a sad day when the current board took over and decided to build a training facility at Belvedere Park in Seaford :roll:

When the deal at Frankston Park went belly up, the response was to go looking for a vacant lot, FAIR DINKUM, all they needed to do was organize another board meeting for that

Bring Butterss back, overthrow the current numbnuts who moved the club's base even further from our true spiritual home and let's get serious here.

The current board have just made our club far less appealing as an option to players whom we try to lure our way in the competitive business of AFL football, with a training facility located so far from the city centre.

Absolute imbecilic decision by the current board.

Time for a board challenge, get Butterss back and get this club back to where it belongs!

At least Rod Butterss has his eye's open and he didn't make over 20 million by not knowing some basic fundamentals!

The current board better be ready for the next AGM, FAIR DINKUM![/b]
Living in the past. Never gonna happen.

This post was a bees d**k away from being a troll post. Sorry Barks, but you must have been on the meths to write this one.
Has anybody seen Butterss and B4 in the same room together?

Sounds like a similar message to me.

Legendary
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:so is there a plan to help and mentor cousins?
Rod should be involved. I hear he's well qualified.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Butterss claimed the club's finances would reveal incompetence, the decision to make Frankston its base was "terrible", and it had no idea of how to handle the potential recruiting of Ben Cousins.

Fraser said moving to Frankston was a long-term deal to "cement an ownership of the Bayside region".

"We were left with a legacy of bad relationships and economically it couldn't work. Our deal at Frankston is the best financial deal in the competition and our players and members are looking forward to us finally having the elite facilities they deserve.

Butterss is 100% right, the new board should all resign, building a training facility so far from the city centre and further diminishing OUR true brand which is the ST.KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB is an outright disgrace.

To have to put up with a CEO who came down in the last shower telling everyone the members are looking forward to us finally having an elite training facility is galling in the extreme.

Have no doubt Butterss would have got one going somewhere near St.Kilda, perhaps Elsternwick Park, but the new board insisted on moving this club's base even further from our heartland as if Moorabbin isn't already bad enough!

The majority voted Butterss out, but one time a majority thought that the earth was flat, so go figure!

Say what you like about Butterss, but one thing is for certain he would not have been so mindnumbingly stupid, as to take this football club on a safari around the Frankston area looking for a vacant lot and this club would not now be locating to Seaford, which is what the current gaggle of gooses have done!

Oh the irony, a vacant lot looking for a vacant lot.

Now they've found one, it is going to be that much harder to entice players to our club in the future and more of a hinderance to players that we actually have on our list, thanks to the buffoonery of the current board.

Not to mention this is FAIR DINKUM the ST.KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB, not the Frankston, Seaford or Belvedere Park football club.

FAIR DINKUM, bunch of gooses if you ask me!

Butterss is 100% correct, would take him back in a heartbeat!

I don't expect all you lemmings to understand, but this decision by these half wits with no vision at all, will come back to haunt us.

There will come a time when this football club moves it's facilities back closer to the city centre, but in the meantime, we have to put up with this club located in some god forsaken dump of a location even further again away from the city centre.

What a complete bunch of numbnuts, the sooner they are voted out the better, or can they do us all a favour and just piss off now! :roll:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: OUR true brand which is the ST.KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB is an outright disgrace.
Anyone who believes that is half-way between being incredibly naive and blatantly stupid.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

B4E,

I don't like the Seaford location either, but for the sake of accuracy, let me add my comments:

1. You don't want Butterss back as President. You may think you do, but you don't. Can't sugarcoat or powdercoat it. He's not the right man for the position.

2. Butterss would never have got an 'elite training facility' up and running. Wouldn't have spent the money. The coaching staff were buying second hand footballs to train with under his Presidency, for crying out loud.

3. Sadly, Butterss is a shadow of a man we all thought he was. I've seen it. I've witnessed it. Within the last few weeks. Seen it.
Last edited by SENsei on Mon 20 Oct 2008 12:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
3. Sadly, Butterss is a shadow of a man we all thought he was. I've seen it. I've witnessed it. Within the last few weeks. Seen it.
Has he been partying hard?

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
Oh yes.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
JeffDunne

saintly wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:
Rod SoftAs wrote:"Ben's a quality player, but you've got to have a plan, a strategy," he said.

. . .

"Having said that I don't know what their plan is."
:shock:
why should he know their plan? he is not on the board anymore
Not sure why you posted that replying to my post.

What I was attempting to do was to illustrate the hypocrisy in inferring there was no plan and then admitting you don't know what their plans are.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

JD,

Loving your avatar.

JeffDunne

SENsaintsational wrote:JD,

Loving your avatar.
Me too. :wink:

The place needed a bit of spruking up.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
Oh yes.

And why not, afterall he's made a truckload of money, if that's what he chooses to do, then that's his perogative.

Couldn't give a rat's what he get's up to, but one thing is for certain he would not have been so short sighted to see the obvious pitfalls of re locating this football club to Seaford :roll:

Anyone with half a brain can see that this is all half baked, yet we still get half wit's, going off half cocked, telling us all how wonderful it is!

I really don't care as to what Butterss chooses to do in his private life, but hehas at least got the smart's to know that this Seaford training base is a white elephant and if nothing else this will become the achillees heel and legacy of the admin that replaced him.

I also have no doubt that Butterss after having rescued this football club, financially was going to spend up big on the football department, anyways.

Now we have some laterally challenged numbnuts taking us all on a Seaford safari, making tjis club a far lees appealing option, when enticing future stars to our club, making it even more difficult for us to win a premiership, aside from a whole host of other issues.

The new board should all be kicked out for a dereliction of duty in their care for the future well being of this club.

FAIR DINKUM

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Archie = Goose
Butters = Turkey
Barks4eva = Lame Duck

We should all be getting behind the current board and their decisions and not bagging them.

To win a premiership the club needs to be harmonious both on and off field.

As I have said here before... If you dont like it and you are a member, voice your concerns at the AGM. If you dont like it and are NOT a member... SHUT THE F*&K UP
Last edited by FortiusQuoFidelius on Mon 20 Oct 2008 12:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:JD,

Loving your avatar.
Me too. :wink:

The place needed a bit of spruking up.
You've motivated me for an update.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

Butterss is 100% right, the new board should all resign, building a training facility so far from the city centre and further diminishing OUR true brand which is the ST.KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB is an outright disgrace.

To have to put up with a CEO who came down in the last shower telling everyone the members are looking forward to us finally having an elite training facility is galling in the extreme.

Have no doubt Butterss would have got one going somewhere near St.Kilda, perhaps Elsternwick Park, but the new board insisted on moving this club's base even further from our heartland as if Moorabbin isn't already bad enough!

The majority voted Butterss out, but one time a majority thought that the earth was flat, so go figure!

Say what you like about Butterss, but one thing is for certain he would not have been so mindnumbingly stupid, as to take this football club on a safari around the Frankston area looking for a vacant lot and this club would not now be locating to Seaford, which is what the current gaggle of gooses have done!

Oh the irony, a vacant lot looking for a vacant lot.

Now they've found one, it is going to be that much harder to entice players to our club in the future and more of a hinderance to players that we actually have on our list, thanks to the buffoonery of the current board.

Not to mention this is FAIR DINKUM the ST.KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB, not the Frankston, Seaford or Belvedere Park football club.

FAIR DINKUM, bunch of gooses if you ask me!

Butterss is 100% correct, would take him back in a heartbeat!

I don't expect all you lemmings to understand, but this decision by these half wits with no vision at all, will come back to haunt us.

There will come a time when this football club moves it's facilities back closer to the city centre, but in the meantime, we have to put up with this club located in some god forsaken dump of a location even further again away from the city centre.

What a complete bunch of numbnuts, the sooner they are voted out the better, or can they do us all a favour and just piss off now! :roll:
is it because the basic fundamentals have been ignored???

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I have read all the threads about relocation, redeveloping....let's just continue to talk about it some more....because that will get the players the kind of HQ they deserve :roll: