Magpies out of Cousins race

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

You just have to laugh at some of the comments made from the Herald Sun article...

This one's a classic
Thank heavens. I am Collingwood through and through but Cousins would have made me stop supporting them. I wouldn't support any team until the disgrace was gone from the club. He should never be allowed to pull on an AFL jumper again. He is no role model for kids.
And yet, they still retain Didak :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Saint Mick
Club Player

Can someone who is good on Photoshop do up a mock of Benny in a Saints jumper? If it hasn't already been done of course - if so, could someone point me to it?

I'd have a crack myself, but I'm at work and hopeless on Photoshop!

Cheers

To the top
SS Life Member

Just to add to the scorn.

On the TV News on "Maguire Channel" they have re-played the tapes from November 2007 (yes, nearly 12 months ago) alleging Cousins (a 29 year old male) was on cocaine whilst in the USA - then followed up by reporting that Collingwood have decided against recruiting him!

Disgusting, and time we told Maguire and his fellow spivs in their expensive pin striped suits that they are not wanted in society.

This is starting to smell like a Demitriou/Maguire conspiracy that says if Collingwood "do not want him", no one is going to get him.

No doubt Demitriou and Maguire are slurping on their Chivas at this very moment, self congratulating each other for the way they have "handled" this matter.

Cousins is a person who has had a problem - and he is unfortunately no orphan in that regard in today's society - is working at the cure and, hopefully, will continue to work at the cure because such illnesses are addictive.

He deserves recognition for his efforts and full support.

He does not deserve what Demitriou and Maguire are currently throwing at him from behind the media curtain of anominity.

Demitriou and Maguire are cowards of the first order.

Cousins has the guts because he is confronting his demons, and all good luck to him.

Demitriou, Maguire, Pratt, Elliott and the like can rot in hell.

They do not come within a bull's roar of Cousins.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Saint Mick wrote:Can someone who is good on Photoshop do up a mock of Benny in a Saints jumper? If it hasn't already been done of course - if so, could someone point me to it?

I'd have a crack myself, but I'm at work and hopeless on Photoshop!

Cheers
not mine but here you go

Seeya
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Just to add to the scorn.

On the TV News on "Maguire Channel" they have re-played the tapes from November 2007 (yes, nearly 12 months ago) alleging Cousins (a 29 year old male) was on cocaine whilst in the USA - then followed up by reporting that Collingwood have decided against recruiting him!

Disgusting, and time we told Maguire and his fellow spivs in their expensive pin striped suits that they are not wanted in society.

This is starting to smell like a Demitriou/Maguire conspiracy that says if Collingwood "do not want him", no one is going to get him.

No doubt Demitriou and Maguire are slurping on their Chivas at this very moment, self congratulating each other for the way they have "handled" this matter.

Cousins is a person who has had a problem - and he is unfortunately no orphan in that regard in today's society - is working at the cure and, hopefully, will continue to work at the cure because such illnesses are addictive.

He deserves recognition for his efforts and full support.

He does not deserve what Demitriou and Maguire are currently throwing at him from behind the media curtain of anominity.

Demitriou and Maguire are cowards of the first order.

Cousins has the guts because he is confronting his demons, and all good luck to him.

Demitriou, Maguire, Pratt, Elliott and the like can rot in hell.

They do not come within a bull's roar of Cousins.
I hope you felt that strongly about Cousins before we wanted him. And what has Demitriou done to stop Cousins playing next year. From what I understand no decision has been made yet.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Disclaimer: I am on the record not wanting Cousins purely for football reasons.

I think this whole thing is starting to stink big time. And I also think that there is a methodical plan at work to periodically leak this information and ruin whatever hopes BC has of resurrecting his career....and his life.

The so-called facts:
1. A PI tails Cousins and then reports back negatively to Collingwood.

2. Christine Nixon reports negatively to Collingwood.

3. Who else is Christine Nixon reporting to? Andrew Demetriou?

I'm smelling a conspiracy here.....every time something gets in the media, I believe there is more and more ammo to the AFL Commission NOT to re-register him.

They are building up their reasoning right before our very eyes.

As sure as day, the AFL do not want BC to play in the AFL, but need to build a case so they cannot be sued.

Appalling.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Joffa 5
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:Disclaimer: I am on the record not wanting Cousins purely for football reasons.

I think this whole thing is starting to stink big time. And I also think that there is a methodical plan at work to periodically leak this information and ruin whatever hopes BC has of resurrecting his career....and his life.

The so-called facts:

I'm smelling a conspiracy here.....every time something gets in the media, I believe there is more and more ammo to the AFL Commission NOT to re-register him.

As sure as day, the AFL do not want BC to play in the AFL, but need to build a case so they cannot be sued.

Appalling.
I'm afraid you may be right :evil:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Disclaimer: I am on the record not wanting Cousins purely for football reasons.

The so-called facts:

Appalling.
This is one case the AFL cannot win. If they dont let him play people will say he made a mistake like anyone could of and should be given a chance. If he is allowed to play other people will say he is a drug addict and sets a bad example to young children. i for one think he should be allowed to play but I also think the AFL should get as much information as they can and if they find out certain things that mean he shouldnt be re registered then so be it.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

The so-called facts:

Appalling.
Agree with everything you've stated even your disclaimer

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

What's the big deal? The guy took some drugs over a period of time and then admitted he had a problem. People from all walks of life have taken drugs at some stage including other AFL footballers past and present. He is entitled to a second chance and I for one hope that is with St Kilda.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I am beginning to wonder if BC coming to Melbourne would be the best thing for his health and well being....

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:What's the big deal? The guy took some drugs over a period of time and then admitted he had a problem. People from all walks of life have taken drugs at some stage including other AFL footballers past and present. He is entitled to a second chance and I for one hope that is with St Kilda.
If you read SEN's disclaimer, his opinion has nothing to do with drugs...

It's to do with him as a footballer...

To the top
SS Life Member

Plugger 66, I have come to the view that you are nothing but a fool of the first order and I am not noted for suffering fools.

But I will respond by saying that Cousins is no different from many others in our community, sadly, including children of some friends of mine.

So I have first hand knowledge of what it takes to resist this addiction, and the effort that goes into re-establishing lives and careers by the continuation of that resistance - and that is what it is - a never ending vigil to continue the resistance, day in and day out, night in and night out.

And supports are required, professionally and personally.

I provide such support as a family friend, so I also know it can be done.

To suggest that my opinions in these matters relate to Cousins and the probability that he will play at St Kilda in 2009 speaks to your characteristics, not to mine.

So I reserve the right to respond to you and call you the petty, illiterate, stalking fool you most obviously are.

In regards Demitriou, you again come to the defence of the indefensible.

If you know anything at all about the history and workings of St Kilda and those associated with it over the years thru its inner sanctums, you will know something of the sour relationship between Demitriou and St Kilda and the reasons for Demitriou's enduring grudge - which has nothing to do with the club itself I hasten to add. It has to do with someone who was once associated with St Kilda as a supporter and a generous benefactor.

You obviously do not.

I would not trust Demitriou as far as I could kick him under water - and for very good reason.

I am one who now enjoys the footy, with my sons and my mates and not watching thru glass as was once the case, from Moorabbin to Waverley to Docklands (and as guests at away games).

So take your ill concieved defence of Demitriou and try and peddle it to someone who does not know the individual and the facts.

Why would the name of the Victorian Police Comissioner be invoked, why would the description of a Private Investigator be invoked and why would (nearly) 12 month old footage be aired by Maguire's Television Station?

Why would Cousins being arrested but not charged by WA Police be mentioned in the paper Maguire just happens to write for (compensation was paid, but, pointedly, this is not mentioned)?

And trust me, Demitriou and Maguire are peas in a pod.

They are manipulators who use each other.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Little Dozer wrote:What's the big deal? The guy took some drugs over a period of time and then admitted he had a problem. People from all walks of life have taken drugs at some stage including other AFL footballers past and present. He is entitled to a second chance and I for one hope that is with St Kilda.

agreed. And Im sick and tried aof the constant kids kids kids, kids this kids that, bad example blah blah. f*** that!! Kids role models should be and are their parents. I dont give a rats about bloody kids, get cousins!

Seriousloy, bugger kids and so called role models, its a totally unfair and a joke.

markp
Saintsational Legend

This may be a little Machiavellian and out there.... but could it be that the pies are feeling jilted and are trying to create enough 'noise' on this so as to incline him to pick Brisbane, a city where I'm sure this is barely rating a mention.... ?

markp
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
Spinner wrote:I know have a feeling that Ben wont pass the drug tests set out by the AFL.....
Might be onto something there spinner.... :wink: 8-) :wink:

Lips = sealed.
Please mate, do tell.... you know the outcome of a drug test that hasn't been taken yet?

But your lips were zipped on Grand Final day when you thought you were getting him too....
johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:
St Igmata wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:Reckon he is a saint next year.
A feeling you have or info?
A feeling. i have
why would he want to go to a club that has a bad passed with there players etc
and as well he has people he knows at stkilda Gehrig, MG etc
Gee that would give me a lot of confidence alone. :roll:

Trying to keep lips zipped at this stage..... :wink:
According to Ricky Nixon you were never the preferred club...

Maybe your source is full of sh1t.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Exactly !!

I remember a couple of years ago when one of the papers did their own drug investigation at both the logies and the brownlow. The results of the drug residue in the toilets and other places was mind blowing.

Purely a coincedence, but the same person hosted both functions !!

Legendary
Club Player

In a situation like this, Cousins' health is the NUMBER ONE priority.

Airing a tape like the one in question, which is 12 months old, is an absolute f****** disgrace.

Channel 9 should be ashamed and make an apology. Publicly humiliating and embarrassing someone who needs support and friendship just as they are beginning to their life around is a LOW act.

Puerile, immature and an instance of extreme moral hypocrisy.

The whole thing stinks of a systematic and rehearsed media campaign to begin to rebuild the very tarnished image of the Collingwood Football Club.

Well it can go f****** rot in hell.

Bring on Ben and let the Saints show the world what decency, friendship and support can achieve.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I would love to know if the campaign by Collingwood is the result of them being told by Ricky/Ben that they are NOT his prefered club !!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

I would be interested to see what the 'evidence' against cousins is that this PI and Christine Nixon have on him.

and yep I am a cousins skeptic.

at 30 without nearly 2 years of consistent football, i don't think he offers much to st kilda except another list filler.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
BakesFan
SS Life Member

markp wrote:This may be a little Machiavellian and out there.... but could it be that the pies are feeling jilted and are trying to create enough 'noise' on this so as to incline him to pick Brisbane, a city where I'm sure this is barely rating a mention.... ?
No doubt the Pies are feeling jilted... but as to barely rating a mention i QLD... Radio 4MK (Mackay) sports news led with the story that B.C is likely to be heading to Moorabbin

... I say 'good luck' to whichever team gets Ben's services next year.
If he has any character at all, he will tear up the paddock next season
Last edited by BakesFan on Fri 17 Oct 2008 7:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
SainterX
Club Player

Why are Collingwood not taking him?

Because they know the majority of their young players are gullible. Boys who will do anything their heroes, like Didak tell them to.

Heath Shaws sister was in a car accident and Didak still got him to drink, drive and lie.

Imagine how much work Cuz could put into those suckers :(

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote: No doubt the Pies are feeling jilted... but as to barely rating a mention i QLD... Radio 4MK (Mackay) sports news led with the story that B.C is likely to be heading to Moorabbin
ring ya brother up mate, and don't forget to tell him that he was born on the same date as our great captain :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Plugger 66, I have come to the view that you are nothing but a fool of the first order and I am not noted for suffering fools.

But I will respond by saying that Cousins is no different from many others in our community, sadly, including children of some friends of mine.

So I have first hand knowledge of what it takes to resist this addiction, and the effort that goes into re-establishing lives and careers by the continuation of that resistance - and that is what it is - a never ending vigil to continue the resistance, day in and day out, night in and night out.

And supports are required, professionally and personally.

I provide such support as a family friend, so I also know it can be done.

To suggest that my opinions in these matters relate to Cousins and the probability that he will play at St Kilda in 2009 speaks to your characteristics, not to mine.

So I reserve the right to respond to you and call you the petty, illiterate, stalking fool you most obviously are.

In regards Demitriou, you again come to the defence of the indefensible.

If you know anything at all about the history and workings of St Kilda and those associated with it over the years thru its inner sanctums, you will know something of the sour relationship between Demitriou and St Kilda and the reasons for Demitriou's enduring grudge - which has nothing to do with the club itself I hasten to add. It has to do with someone who was once associated with St Kilda as a supporter and a generous benefactor.

You obviously do not.

I would not trust Demitriou as far as I could kick him under water - and for very good reason.

I am one who now enjoys the footy, with my sons and my mates and not watching thru glass as was once the case, from Moorabbin to Waverley to Docklands (and as guests at away games).

So take your ill concieved defence of Demitriou and try and peddle it to someone who does not know the individual and the facts.

Why would the name of the Victorian Police Comissioner be invoked, why would the description of a Private Investigator be invoked and why would (nearly) 12 month old footage be aired by Maguire's Television Station?

Why would Cousins being arrested but not charged by WA Police be mentioned in the paper Maguire just happens to write for (compensation was paid, but, pointedly, this is not mentioned)?

And trust me, Demitriou and Maguire are peas in a pod.

They are manipulators who use each other.
Over thetop. Justbecause you write a lot and spread your sentances doesnt mean you know what you are talking about. As I asked before did you feel so strongly before our club showed interest. By the way I support you in the thinking he should be allowed to play again but I do not support you in saying Maguire and AD are going to not let him play because the pies didnt want him.

MACEwasACE
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:

agreed. And Im sick and tried aof the constant kids kids kids, kids this kids that, bad example blah blah. f*** that!! Kids role models should be and are their parents. I dont give a rats about bloody kids, get cousins!

Seriousloy, bugger kids and so called role models, its a totally unfair and a joke.
I agree.

For what it's worth, I think Ben would be a great aquision to our club. He's a quality footballer and if he'd been out for 12 months with a knee injury and was out of contract,, there'd be 15 clubs lining up for him. I say lets take a chance. we've always been controversial, so why stop now. Might be recruit of the year next year.

IF It is to be it is up to me.