J Attard #43 delisted??????? **rumour only**

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:What a joke... Surely some other players on our list should have gone before him.

He was beating West Coast by himself that night (holding the likes of Cousins and Kerr), and when he did his knee the game turned.

Mountains of talent we could have continued to prosper from (in tagging and shut down roles especially).

Shame Saints... Shame.
True...

He was never a huge possession getter, but did well shutting down players

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
james rose
Club Player

HSVKing wrote:What a joke... Surely some other players on our list should have gone before him.

He was beating West Coast by himself that night (holding the likes of Cousins and Kerr), and when he did his knee the game turned.

Mountains of talent we could have continued to prosper from (in tagging and shut down roles especially).

Shame Saints... Shame.
I think he had mountains of the right attitude more so than talent....

who know's perhaps they will redraft him as a rookie

didn't he have to be put on the main list or delisted?

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

Shame Saints... Shame.
True...

it was one game...thats it...yes he had a good day...but it was one game out of 15-18 he actually played for us

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
i respect each and every player...but i can't comprehend why you wouldn't underrate them...everyone does it
that's a sweeping statement- I am not happy to be included in YOUR everyone--

some, many or even most -- and in this case YOU do; but that's not my sentiment--

Good Luck Jayden

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

Shame Saints... Shame.
True...

it was one game...thats it...yes he had a good day...but it was one game out of 15-18 he actually played for us
Yes... Meaning he didn't have the opportunity to show what he really had to offer... And he showed us he could shut down the best midfield in the league... Love how some people put a tag on someone so quickly...

Where are all the Raph knockers? Proven wrong and hiding again?

They walk amongst us...

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

Shame Saints... Shame.
True...

He played 20 matches in 2007 and he shut down a few players...

"1 game" :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Shame Saints... Shame.
True...

Yes... Meaning he didn't have the opportunity to show what he really had to offer... And he showed us he could shut down the best midfield in the league... Love how some people put a tag on someone so quickly...

Where are all the Raph knockers? Proven wrong and hiding again?
He had almost an entire season to show something other than tagging out a few players in one game...

raph knockers are still here...oh wait they aren't now he won the most improved player...what a joke

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

6 months... and you still haven't changed... Brilliant.

They walk amongst us...

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

damn lets start bagging raph again.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

shame, real shame

no suprise

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

skim readers take note- there is no source to the news of Attards' delisting.
re-read the post.

I for one hope it isn't the case- seemed to be coming along nicely as a baker replacement, and showed more upside than eddy and co i reckon.

Our kids aren't much chop, and I think he deserves a spot.

Could turn out to be another joel smith situation for all we know...

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

If this is the case I am very very disappointed, I would much rather have him on the list than many other players...

As for comparing Raph to Attard, they probably still have the same percentage of decent games even after Raph's awesome month, and Raph's worse was a whole lot worse....

Here's to hoping we redraft him in some form, he is still young and has the potential...

NOTE: Perhaps his knee hasn't recovered as hoped and it could stop him from being the player he could have been I apologise to the club, they would have done what they have to do...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

He had almost an entire season to show something other than tagging out a few players in one game...
Attard sacrificed his own game for the good of the team every time he put the Saints jumper on...

Didn't you realise that was his role??

I've heard of ignorance before, but your comments take the cake

Yes, with you living in Queensland and watching games on television, I guess you never noticed that

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Next to go....

Fergs ( dont like this idea but will happen)
Rix
birrs probs

Batnoe

Sign of a good tagger is one that gets his own ball

We are no good and play ugly footy if that is all we are trying to do

the best tagger in the league is Ling- he shuts his players down all while getting 20 touches himself

Brady rawlings is also good at this

Attard might shut down a player but unless he is getting 15 possessions himself it is a waste of a game

St Fid- i know you know your footy, you were saying he had to change his own game for the good of the team... if he was placed in a pecking order and for him to get a game he had to do it then he wasnt good enough playing his own game

His game IMO is a tagger, that doesnt get enough of the ball..... If we have to play him, i think we have gone backwards....

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Attard sacrificed his own game for the good of the team every time he put the Saints jumper on...

Yes, with you living in Queensland and watching games on television, I guess you never noticed that
no never noticed when i went to games either...

oh no i didnt realize he was a tagger despite me alluding to it in previous posts...nope...didnt realize it...sorry

apart from the eagles game he was soundly beaten against smalls...andrew lovett is a prime example agains the dons in round 4 last year...being at that game i followed attard around and watched him get towelled up but a hack in lovett...

yep...ignorance...

Solar
Saintsational Legend

just for the record...

the guy had a decient turn of speed and a high work ethic...

but please do not put him on the same level skill and football ability wise as raph clarke or joel smith.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

oh no i didnt realize he was a tagger despite me alluding to it in previous posts...nope...didnt realize it...sorry

apart from the eagles game he was soundly beaten against smalls...andrew lovett is a prime example agains the dons in round 4 last year...being at that game i followed attard around and watched him get towelled up but a hack in lovett...

yep...ignorance...
You comments...
My reply was
That was his role
Yep ignorance

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

yep...ignorance...
Lovett is no hack. Mental midget maybe, but on his day, he tears it up with the best of them.

Not surprised to see Attard delisted. GOP at best in my opinion.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

yep...ignorance...
You comments...
My reply was
That was his role
Yep ignorance
he tagged well in one game

an entire season to somehow moe substantial than one game

yep, ignorance

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

yep...ignorance...
You comments...
My reply was
That was his role
Yep ignorance
he tagged well in one game

an entire season to somehow moe substantial than one game

yep, ignorance
Again, He played 20 matches in 2007 and was obviously performing his role given to him by the coach...

To state...
is showing your ignorance IMO

Saints94
SS Life Member

Who else got delisted?

derby Street
Club Player

It's a tough gig AFL - unfortunately for players to come others must go - rightly or wrongly :D

Saints94
SS Life Member

derby Street wrote:It's a tough gig AFL - unfortunately for players to come others must go - rightly or wrongly :D
Well said :) hope i make it one day and play for the saints and if i do i'll always come on here :P

JeffDunne

Disappointing news if true.

I don't think players should be cut in circumstances such as this but it's the AFL's list rules as much as anything that make it so difficult for clubs in these cirsumstances.