Gardiner a BC lure?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Gardiner's form for Casey in the last couple of games was fantastic. Commentators were saying it was like the clock being turned back a few years and it was the Gardiner of old. I saw one of these games and have to agree. This form will certainly have influenced the decision to extend his contact.

Saintforever

Why do these players suddenly start putting in near the end of the year when contracts are being looked at?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Saintforever wrote:Why do these players suddenly start putting in near the end of the year when contracts are being looked at?
Has hapened to many players from many clubs for many years. Will hapen to many players from many clubs for many years !!

Saintforever

I hope our list managers are smarter than bygone years and can pick if MG can preform on a more consistent form this year! Oh Well as long as Cuz comes over who cares!!!! :roll:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

People seem to think that if Cousins comes to Melbourne and ends up at another club, that this will somehow put up a magic forcefield to keep him away from Gardiner? They are mates that are potentially going to be playing footy in the same state....what will it matter if they are at the same club or not?

I am more concerned that Cousin's is going to be returning to football at 31, with not so great hamstrings :shock:

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I thought Gardy was very good in the games that he played (except for the WC game when he shouldn't have been selected).

The injury in the Swans game came just when he was finding some good form.

Well worth another year IMO.

On the delistings topic I personally would like to see no elevations. Eddy should remain on the rookie list & keep developing at Sandy. With Bakes back I can't see a role for Mini & personally I think we're better off using that spot for a 18 yr old kid.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
skeptic wrote:guys do remember that M.Gardiner actually played a few decent games this year and despite one hiccup generally remained injury free

i think he more than met pre season expectations

personally, I would have only given him another 1 year but I guess with King's body holding up (for now at least) they felt like they could take the chance
What do you mean. He has only been given one more year and by the way if his body held up so well why did he play only 9 games?
aaah, thought he'd been given 2... 1 makes more sense

he only played 9 games because he couldn't break into the team ahead of King and Kosi. Once it became evident that playing King, Kosi and Gardoner made us too top heavy he lost his place

by the way, i did mention he had an injury hiccup.

are you going to follow me around now plugger and post antagonistic responses to everything i write. by the way, i love ur leading
Last edited by skeptic on Sat 11 Oct 2008 10:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

That's Plugger Skeptic... if he ever agrees with what someone posts then that will be the last we ever hear from him.

groupie1
Club Player

McEvoy is not likely ready for a full year.
Gardiner or Rix are required to back up if King is injured - not unlikely, and if McEvoy still needs development time.

Gardiner clearly better than Rix. Rix will be delisted

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:That's Plugger Skeptic... if he ever agrees with what someone posts then that will be the last we ever hear from him.
I agree. :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:Rumour floating around today the BC is signed and sealed with the Sainters ... no idea how true ("friend of a friend" sort of thing)
yeah i signed up too, im coming off the back flank and am good for at least 60 goals.
in other news my friends horse who was in the next paddock heard someone talking on the phone and told his trainer that ben was going to collingwood

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

He can't be signed sealed and delivered FULLSTOP.

He has to go through the draft system and isn't allowed to sign a contract untill he does. At most he would have a verbal agreement that if a certain club does manage to draft him he will get paid X amount of dollars.

If anyone hear's anyones grandmother say he is signed with a club they are full of it!!!!

Saints94
SS Life Member

For some reason i think thats true that we re-signed MG because of us

trying to lure Cuz

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:That's Plugger Skeptic... if he ever agrees with what someone posts then that will be the last we ever hear from him.
... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...and here's me thinking he was my very own private little stalking troll.......... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SAINT JUMP wrote:that what worries me. mg and cousins back together again. Thats why wc let mg go. To seperate them.
It hasn't helped Gardiner so far.

Saints94
SS Life Member

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:Gardiner's form for Casey in the last couple of games was fantastic. Commentators were saying it was like the clock being turned back a few years and it was the Gardiner of old. I saw one of these games and have to agree. This form will certainly have influenced the decision to extend his contact.
The game against Werribie was his best 10 touches in the first quater of football