Dealing with Hawthorn ???????? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Dealing with Hawthorn ???????? !!

I heard a story about why so many clubs will probably NEVER again try to broker any deals with Hawthorn. The story goes something like this;

St Kilda was the first club to express some interest in Tim Boyle in the week leading up to trade week. Being careful/conservative, St Kilda wanted Boyle to subject himself to a medical. This he FAILED. At that point Hawthorn decided it no longer wanted to deal with St Kilda (presumably because we knew too much and it would greatly effect their asking price, believed to be a player and a second rd pick). They then set about hawking Boyle to both Bulldogs and Sydney forgetting to inform those clubs of the FAILED medical and forgetting that both of those clubs have close links to key people at St Kilda.

The bottom line is that Hawthorn got found out trying to off-load a bloke who had failed a medical whilst asking the world for him.

This is not the first time that Hawthorn have pulled a stunt like this. Previously they offered up Jonathon Hay knowing full well that he had MASSIVE PERSONAL PROBLEMS dating back a few years for 2 x 1st Round Draft picks. The thing that time was that Nth Melbourne didn't find out until the deal was done and it was too late.

The more I hear, the more I believe this story to be 100% accurate. The Australian have reported that Boyle failed a medical. Sydney have made it public that they are NOT HAPPY with Hawthorn.

We await the next instalment !!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Given their recent history, I'm surprized teh Hawks didn't apply for an injucntion barring the public dissemination of this information.

But then again, they are teh reigning Premiers and they can do what they please.

GrumpyOne

Good to hear that the club undertook due diligence. Its obviously caveat emptor in dealing with Hawthorn from now on.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Oooooo. Very believable.

s*** form if true.

Undecided about Hay - What was Hawthorn supposed to do - Publically announce he had depression?

GrumpyOne

Spinner wrote:
Undecided about Hay - What was Hawthorn supposed to do - Publically announce he had depression?
Not put him up for trade until he had recovered.

Whilst he's down you might as well put the boot into him whilst he's there. :roll:

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Undecided about Hay - What was Hawthorn supposed to do - Publically announce he had depression?
All they had to do was let the club wanting him know. Not the public.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Good to hear we were after Boyle - shows the club was aware that we need a forward to help Riewoldt out.

Disappointing to hear he failed the medical; even worse to hear Hawthorn acted like that.

...if it's true of course. But it's very plausible.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Footy is a tough game and I wish we won the flag this year and the other clubs hated us because we were hard to deal with and we told some lies to help the club improve its position in the AFL. Its up to the other clubs to look into the players they want to get in a trade and if they dont look into medical conditions bad luck. No one is forcing people to trade with clubs if they dont want to.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Footy is a tough game and I wish we won the flag this year and the other clubs hated us because we were hard to deal with and we told some lies to help the club improve its position in the AFL. Its up to the other clubs to look into the players they want to get in a trade and if they dont look into medical conditions bad luck. No one is forcing people to trade with clubs if they dont want to.
You might call it "Hard to Deal with". I would call it down right dishonest at least, bordering on fraudulent !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Footy is a tough game and I wish we won the flag this year and the other clubs hated us because we were hard to deal with and we told some lies to help the club improve its position in the AFL. Its up to the other clubs to look into the players they want to get in a trade and if they dont look into medical conditions bad luck. No one is forcing people to trade with clubs if they dont want to.
You might call it "Hard to Deal with". I would call it down right dishonest at least, bordering on fraudulent !!
But isnt it up to the club recruiting these players to do their homework. I am pretty sure no club signs a form saying they are fit and raring to go. Good on them on say and lets get tougher like them. i for one dont want to be everyones second side.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: I wish ................. the other clubs hated us because we were hard to deal with and we told some lies to help the club improve its position in the AFL. .

f*** me.....why am i not surprised??????

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
I don't think it's either dishonest or bordering on fraudulent...

Not being up front on any negotiation happens in business daily, football is a business, so what's the difference?

Yes poor sportsmanship maybe...

Surely it's up to the other team(s) to conduct their own research on a players viability. It would be common sense for any club to require any player offered for trade to undergo a medical.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:
But isnt it up to the club recruiting these players to do their homework. I am pretty sure no club signs a form saying they are fit and raring to go. Good on them on say and lets get tougher like them. i for one dont want to be everyones second side.
Yeah, but there are laws/ethics covering disclosure. It's not like buying a vase and then wanting to return it when you find a chip in it. When you trade for a player, you can't return him and get your money back !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote: I wish ................. the other clubs hated us because we were hard to deal with and we told some lies to help the club improve its position in the AFL. .

So you want to be liked and never win a flag probably the reason you never won a court case. Having said that you are a very angry man old rolling eyes.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote: Yeah, but there are laws/ethics covering disclosure. It's not like buying a vase and then wanting to return it when you find a chip in it. When you trade for a player, you can't return him and get your money back !!
What fool would buy a vase with a chip on it???

Surely the purchaser should have checked the item before purchase??

Same difference with a player IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Eastern wrote: Yeah, but there are laws/ethics covering disclosure. It's not like buying a vase and then wanting to return it when you find a chip in it. When you trade for a player, you can't return him and get your money back !!

Have you NEVER taken something (faulty) back to a shop to be exchanged or for your money back? !!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Have you NEVER taken something (faulty) back to a shop to be exchanged or for your money back? !!
You are taking it to the extremes IMO...

It's a Business and a Big Business

again...
Surely it's up to the other team(s) to conduct their own research on a players viability. It would be common sense for any club to require any player offered for trade to undergo a medical.
Poor sportsmanship maybe....

dishonest or bordering on fraudulent NO IMO

iremember66
Club Player

Just a little question here St Fidelius -

What does the "Fidelius" part mean to you??

saintm
Club Player

First unsociable football now unsociable trading - what next Hawthorn?? :)
Last edited by saintm on Sat 11 Oct 2008 6:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

iremember66 wrote:Just a little question here St Fidelius -

If you are going to send this type of post do it via a PM :idea:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

So you want to be liked and never win a flag probably the reason you never won a court case. Having said that you are a very angry man old rolling eyes.
and you have the morals of a used car salesman....probably what you do for a living....sell lemons to young girls....either that ..or a dole bludger...either way....you're the loser...not me.....i can look myself in the mirror each day

i didn't say anything about being liked idiot.....ffs............ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

and you have the morals of a used car salesman....probably what you do for a lving....sell lemons to young girs....either that ..or a dole bludger...either way....your a loser...not me.....i can look mself in the mirror each da

i didn't say anything about being liked idiot.....ffs............ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
You have got me old man with the emoticans and saying FFS alot. How does that go in court when get upset with the judge, do you use emoticans or just yell out FFS. Pot Kettle Black Solicitor funniest thing you have ever said.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Short term gain for long term pain.

Clubs wont willingly deal with Hawthorn now wouldn't want that to be the case at St Kilda.
Last edited by ausfatcat on Sat 11 Oct 2008 6:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

golden hawk
Club Player

DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME I JUST SAW A TOUCH OR RED AND COULD NOT GET PAST IT :oops: DELETED MY POST CAUSE I DON'T WANT ARGUMENTS ON HERE
Last edited by golden hawk on Sat 11 Oct 2008 7:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
iremember66
Club Player

iremember66 wrote:
Just a little question here St Fidelius -

If you are going to send this type of post do it via a PM

I have, but why - you posted the original on a public forum...