STOP LIVING IN THE BLOODY HOPE OF 04 FFS!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saint75 wrote:[

Who died and made you the footy expert....?? Do you know something that the St Kilda Coaching team doesn't? Can't wait to see the Kosi bashers this time next year........ :D :D

As for your comments in regards to his performace this year, hell, that would qualify half our team, especially in the first half of the year. Nick had a pitiful first half, should we trade him also? You DO NOT give up a player like Kosi. Yes, he under performed this year but the up side is had his first full year without horrific injuries and it will boost his confidence. Footy is 75% above the shoulders (about the only thing I ever agreed with GT on!). Watch him closely next year, you won't be disappointed!!
i have heard this for 7 years now

"just you wait until next year! kosi will do this that and the other"....

if i read any more "just wait for kosi next year.. ' posts ill puke. why is IT always next year. next year never comes guys. nect year it will be kosi in 2010...

well im still waiting. wait till he gets confident etc etc....

"you will be eating your words"...well im still not eating them... meanwhile roughhead, buddy, tomahawk, jack riewoldt, and whoever else will go past him.

these are the facts

final v geelong = NO GOALS.
final v hawks = NO GOALS

the guys is too small to ever be a ruckmen (196cm) and;
not agile enough to ever play KPP.

so he floats between two positions and he is mediocre at both.
This guy knows less that the original poster.

PS Kosi is 197cm.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:agree 110%
As expected.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

if i read any more "just wait for kosi next year.. ' posts ill puke. why is IT always next year. next year never comes guys. nect year it will be kosi in 2010...

"you will be eating your words"...well im still not eating them... meanwhile roughhead, buddy, tomahawk, jack riewoldt, and whoever else will go past him.

these are the facts

final v hawks = NO GOALS

PS Kosi is 197cm.[/quote]

It sounds pretty accurate to me.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: STOP LIVING IN THE BLOODY HOPE OF 04 FFS!!!!

saintjake wrote:
Spinner wrote:
saintjake wrote:im either gonna get shot down for this post,
or people are gonna agree,
but ill give it a shot.

i think alot of us on here, are still living on that '04 team that we had,
it may sound silly,
but when it comes to trading, some of those, "young key players"
as they were seen back then,
everyone says no, maybe because of the future that looked so promising because of these players 4 years ago.
players like, Kosi Dal and X.
now i agree we shouldnt trade dal, he only had one bad year, and copped some flak.

but kosi and X have been injured to much, to end up having the careers they should of.
i would trade both of them
we cant keep saying "we will regret it if we trade them"
well we are regretting keeping them on the list.
ESSPICALLY X
when was the last time he has put 10 games in a row?

now im not saying these blokes are bad player.
jsut very VERY unlucky.

and maybe its time we stop living from '04
and live from '09 instead? :twisted:
Exactly - So why would you trade that have been unlucky?
BECAUSE YOU CANT WIN A FLAG DRAGGING UNLUCKY PLAYERS WITH YOU
HOPING THEY ARE CARRYING THEIR LUCKY HORSESHOE AND COME TO PLAY THIS YEAR!!!
look at the hawks, traded the deadwood and won the flag.
Dead wood?

Comparing Thompson, Hay and Rawlings to Koschitzke and Clarke?

saintjake
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Who died and made you the footy expert....?? Do you know something that the St Kilda Coaching team doesn't? Can't wait to see the Kosi bashers this time next year........ :D :D

As for your comments in regards to his performace this year, hell, that would qualify half our team, especially in the first half of the year. Nick had a pitiful first half, should we trade him also? You DO NOT give up a player like Kosi. Yes, he under performed this year but the up side is had his first full year without horrific injuries and it will boost his confidence. Footy is 75% above the shoulders (about the only thing I ever agreed with GT on!). Watch him closely next year, you won't be disappointed!!

these are the facts

final v hawks = NO GOALS

PS Kosi is 197cm.
are you gonna say ANYTHING with a bit of substance
to prove us wrong,.
tell us when kosi has kicked 5 goals more then twice in one season.
tell us when kosi has played more then 2 good games in a row ASIDE from that purple patch a few years a go
SAY SOMETHING!!
dont jsut nit pick on stupif things

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Just a note to to the posters, clearly with minimal understanding that have been attracted to this thread - Myself being the exception.

Players like Koschitzke and X Clarke ARE the difference between winning a premiership with this current group - and not.

Players picked up in this draft - the next, and the one before will have (wait for it) ABSOLUTELY no impact on St Kilda winning a premiership within the next five years if the are recruited from the draft picks resulted from trading the above two.

Little boys do not win premierships. Men of the age of 25, 26, 27, and 28 win premierships. Which is the direction that this group needs to head.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

these are the facts

final v hawks = NO GOALS

PS Kosi is 197cm.
to prove us wrong,.
tell us when kosi has played more then 2 good games in a row ASIDE from that purple patch a few years a go
SAY SOMETHING!!
Substance?

You mentioned two games in which we are smashed on all aspects of the field and you twist it to blame Koschitzke......

Dont ask for substance when clearly, you dont provide it.

saintjake
Club Player

Spinner wrote:Just a note to to the posters, clearly with minimal understanding that have been attracted to this thread - Myself being the exception.

Players like Koschitzke and X Clarke ARE the difference between winning a premiership with this current group - and not.

Players picked up in this draft - the next, and the one before will have (wait for it) ABSOLUTELY no impact on St Kilda winning a premiership within the next five years if the are recruited from the draft picks resulted from trading the above two.

Little boys do not win premierships. Men of the age of 25, 26, 27, and 28 win premierships. Which is the direction that this group needs to head.
for those 25 26 27 28 year old men to win premireships.
they actualyl have to be fit, and play
with out getting injured.,

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:
Spinner wrote:Just a note to to the posters, clearly with minimal understanding that have been attracted to this thread - Myself being the exception.

And?

Are you insisting only certain players get 'injured'?

Or are you suggesting that there are certain players that are 'uninjurable'?
Last edited by Spinner on Thu 09 Oct 2008 10:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apu
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
Dead wood?

Agreed. Hawthorn did this to bottom out, They spent the next couple of years at the bottom of the ladder. however it helped them get the likes of Franklin, Lewis etc. With the changes to the priority draft pick rule as well as the introduction of the 2 new teams it would not be as beneficial for us to do the same.

Saintsational Legend

Apu wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Dead wood?

Agreed. Hawthorn did this to bottom out, They spent the next couple of years at the bottom of the ladder. however it helped them get the likes of Franklin, Lewis etc. With the changes to the priority draft pick rule as well as the introduction of the 2 new teams it would not be as beneficial for us to do the same.
Exactly, and you could wave goodbye to the premiership hopes of Dal Santo, Ball, Riewoldt, Fisher, Hayes, etc etc etc

win

i knew it wouldnt take long and congrats 'spinner' 4 being the first numbskull to waltz obligingly through the open door. re-read my message. where have i said it takes 4 years to be heard? or did i in fact say i have been browsing for years. i wont use numerals so as not to confuse u so. this is exactly why i have been reticent about entering debates on here. guys like 'spinner' who cannot interpret a simple message. 'spinner' facts please not vindictive diatribe...if u want to go down that path i will verbally garotte u and im guessing it will be like shooting fish in a bucket. to everyone.....slanging is easy, how about facts. i have stayed off this forum for so long because of some of the bulls..t that gets thrown around. arguments are about facts not personal abuse. by the way jake, if u have a look i was the first to support u...things for the ringing endorsement in return. no wonder i stayed off this forum for so long

saintjake
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
saintjake wrote:

And?

Are you insisting only certain players get 'injured'?

Or are you suggesting that there are certain players that are 'uninjurable'?
i am saying X. clarke is very very injury prone
and there are players who can withstand injuries,

bergsone
SS Life Member

Talk about kicking a guy when he is down,tell me who else is going to play ff ,lead up forward,pinch hit ruck ,cop the s*** and take the abuse.ON OUR LIST THIS YEAR,no one

Trade him at your own peril,just find a REPLACEMENT

saintjake
Club Player

win wrote:i knew it wouldnt take long and congrats 'spinner' 4 being the first numbskull to waltz obligingly through the open door. re-read my message. where have i said it takes 4 years to be heard? or did i in fact say i have been browsing for years. i wont use numerals so as not to confuse u so. this is exactly why i have been reticent about entering debates on here. guys like 'spinner' who cannot interpret a simple message. 'spinner' facts please not vindictive diatribe...if u want to go down that path i will verbally garotte u and im guessing it will be like shooting fish in a bucket. to everyone.....slanging is easy, how about facts. i have stayed off this forum for so long because of some of the bulls..t that gets thrown around. arguments are about facts not personal abuse. by the way jake, if u have a look i was the first to support u...things for the ringing endorsement in return. no wonder i stayed off this forum for so long
yeah i saw that win
and i appreciate you can understand blunt facts when they are in front of you
even if they are from a 16 YEAR OLD

saintjake
Club Player

bergsone wrote:Talk about kicking a guy when he is down,tell me who else is going to play ff ,lead up forward,pinch hit ruck ,cop the s*** and take the abuse.ON OUR LIST THIS YEAR,no one

we dont need a player who can pinch hit everywhere.
we need a full foward
hopefully allen can stand up there.
we need another ruckman.
and then he is cover..
simple.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Rubbish Spinner.

Adding a few exceptionally talented kids to an established group can definitely bring success.

Cases in point over the last 2 years- Joel Selwood & Cyril Rioli.

Both premiership players in their first year & both made major contributions to their clubs.

I don't particularly advocate trading Kosi or keeping him but saying that kids drafted now will take 5 years to have any impact is very incorrect.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saintjake wrote:

Can you not read? How is it Kosi's fault over previous years that the fitness staff was not up to scratch? You admit it yourself with the line of 'injury free'.

Lets just get rid of the whole team and be done with it. 95% of them played like crap in the first half of the season, so following the logic to shown in this thread so far, they are all tradeable and should be traded....??

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:

Rubbish Spinner.

Adding a few exceptionally talented kids to an established group can definitely bring success.

Cases in point over the last 2 years- Joel Selwood & Cyril Rioli.

Both premiership players in their first year & both made major contributions to their clubs.

I don't particularly advocate trading Kosi or keeping him but saying that kids drafted now will take 5 years to have any impact is very incorrect.
Ahhh yes....I was eagerly awaiting the Rioli and Selwood argument to arise.

As I clearly stated, trading away your established players in replacement of kids (which is the above scenario) is destructive.

Adding gifted players to the established, core group (ie Pick 13) can has fantastic outcomes.

saintjake
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
saintjake wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saintjake wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saintjake wrote:
saint75 wrote:Kosi is not going anywhere, so GET OVER IT!!! Christ, if I see one more 'trade Kosi' thread, I think I'm gunna puke!!!!! *insert puke emoticon here*
and cant you see, he is not a ruckman becasue he is too short.
and he is too slow to be a foward
OR a back.
he is in the middle.
ONE good game in 5
one standout game in 10
what im saying is look at the hawks and cats
they dont have these players,
getting paid what kosi is,
and producing less then required.
ITS TIME TO MOVE ON!

IVE BEEN WAITING TO BE PROVEN WRONG ABOUT KOSI FOR A LONG TIME
AND IM STILL WAITNG!!!!!
nick at least came home strong
and hasnt been injured for more games then he has played!
and atlease he as a position he can play.
not float between 2 doing mediocre in both
Is it his fault that he hasn't been settled into one position? Is it his fault that the fitness staff were not up to scratch? Why not blame him for the downturn in the economy while your at it? Get real mate. Show some faith. He will prove many of his 'doubters' very wrong next year......will look forward to bumping threads such as these. I hope you know how to 'eat crow' and be gracious at the same time...... :lol: :lol:
believe me if kosi comes good, i will eat my words
you may all thing i am naive because i am jsut 16,
BUT, im looking at it without the rose coloured glasses.
Phew! - Well that just proves that there is a reasonable explanation everything.
there you go with the sarcsim and personal attack again mate.
FFS
come up with some damn logic, and you might prove your point.
!
i at least have a valid point,
maybe your head is jsut to clouded with other things to see logic,
ill forgive you.
save you the embarrassment of admitting that a 16 year old, can beat you in a disagreement, with more brains and logic :lol:

bergsone
SS Life Member

saint75 wrote:
saintjake wrote:

Can you not read? How is it Kosi's fault over previous years that the fitness staff was not up to scratch? You admit it yourself with the line of 'injury free'.

Lets just get rid of the whole team and be done with it. 95% of them played like crap in the first half of the season, so following the logic to shown in this thread so far, they are all tradeable and should be traded....??
Goodbye Roo,Lenny and Maxi etc then

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:
bergsone wrote:Talk about kicking a guy when he is down,tell me who else is going to play ff ,lead up forward,pinch hit ruck ,cop the s*** and take the abuse.ON OUR LIST THIS YEAR,no one

we need a full foward
we need another ruckman.
and then he is cover..
simple.
Oh man...... :shock:

We are in a lot of trouble.

saintjake
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
saintjake wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

these are the facts

final v hawks = NO GOALS

PS Kosi is 197cm.
to prove us wrong,.
SAY SOMETHING!!
Substance?

You mentioned two games in which we are smashed on all aspects of the field and you twist it to blame Koschitzke......

I DIDNT BRING UP THOSE GAMES
LMAO :lol:

saintjake
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
saintjake wrote:

we need a full foward
we need another ruckman.
and then he is cover..
simple.
Oh man...... :shock:

We are in a lot of trouble.
lol

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:
Spinner wrote:
saintjake wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

these are the facts

final v hawks = NO GOALS

PS Kosi is 197cm.
to prove us wrong,.
SAY SOMETHING!!
Substance?

I DIDNT BRING UP THOSE GAMES
LMAO :lol:
:oops: All you guys just look the same.