Official Trade Week Thread...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

mick13 wrote:
cowboy18 wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
fingers wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
fingers wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
fingers wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Spinner wrote:As long as there aren't any long term injury issues with Hamish (which im spectacle about)
If there was I reckon you could see straight through them. :wink:
Sometimes trades need to be seen through a different lens.
Several of our past trades require viewing through rose coloured glasses.
I'm not sure trades should be the focal point.
Agreed, we should not be adopting a myopic view of the trading process. There may come into view several trading options that were not envisioned at first sight, and deserve more than a passing glance. It is important that we are not blinkered to opportunities, nor have the shades pulled over our eyes. We must have a clear vision of where we want to end up, or we could be left on the outside looking in.
Now you're just making a spectacle of yourself.
Nah.... This is our window of opportunity.
Love what you're seeing, but I think you're viewing through rose coloured glasses.
Your contacts giving any further insights into our trades?
CHOO CHOO
Whoa freaky man!

Saint Mik
Club Player

Moccha wrote:
mick13 wrote:
cowboy18 wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
fingers wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
fingers wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
fingers wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Spinner wrote:As long as there aren't any long term injury issues with Hamish (which im spectacle about)
Agreed, we should not be adopting a myopic view of the trading process. There may come into view several trading options that were not envisioned at first sight, and deserve more than a passing glance. It is important that we are not blinkered to opportunities, nor have the shades pulled over our eyes. We must have a clear vision of where we want to end up, or we could be left on the outside looking in.
Love what you're seeing, but I think you're viewing through rose coloured glasses.
CHOO CHOO
Whoa freaky man!
Can someone lend me those rose coloured glasses so I can bloody read this, its giving me a headache, its like trying to take an eye test :shock:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
AP Erebus
Club Player

I was thinking the exact same thing... MY EYES!

St Marcus
Club Player

bob__71 wrote:I think the Saints find it all too easy to run and hide behind a youth policy. Smart trades that keep us in the the first rounds of the draft and avoid longshots, whilst obtaining more quality ready made players, is a smart policy.

The biggest problem we had this year was lack of depth. People have a go about Jones being in the side and Fiora, its because we had no one better. The time for youth policy is past, its time to fix the depth and have a real crack.

Agree 100%
Seize the moment

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

St Marcus wrote:
bob__71 wrote:I think the Saints find it all too easy to run and hide behind a youth policy. Smart trades that keep us in the the first rounds of the draft and avoid longshots, whilst obtaining more quality ready made players, is a smart policy.

The biggest problem we had this year was lack of depth. People have a go about Jones being in the side and Fiora, its because we had no one better. The time for youth policy is past, its time to fix the depth and have a real crack.

Agree 100%
Seize the moment
Disagree 100%
Learn lessons from the past

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

afl.com.au wrote:RICHMOND is set to announce the first trade of trade week, sending its third-round draft pick to Port Adelaide in exchange for Adam Thomson.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

LTN16 wrote:
afl.com.au wrote:RICHMOND is set to announce the first trade of trade week, sending its third-round draft pick to Port Adelaide in exchange for Adam Thomson.
Damn. Would really like him here. Think he looks the goods as a promising inside midfielder...

The Saints are coming!
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

True Blue Sainter wrote:
LTN16 wrote:
Damn. Would really like him here. Think he looks the goods as a promising inside midfielder...
I would rather him than Daniel Harris.

I think Richmond got a good deal here trading pick 42 for him.

GrumpyOne

LTN16 wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:
LTN16 wrote:
I would rather him than Daniel Harris.

I think Richmond got a good deal here trading pick 42 for him.
Remains to be seen.

Be really struggling to name on more than the fingers of one hand the number of good players that Choco has willingly allowed to leave Port.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
St Marcus wrote:

Agree 100%
Seize the moment
Disagree 100%
What lessons?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:
Moccha wrote:
mick13 wrote:
cowboy18 wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
fingers wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
fingers wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
fingers wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
CHOO CHOO
Whoa freaky man!
Can someone lend me those rose coloured glasses so I can bloody read this, its giving me a headache, its like trying to take an eye test :shock:

bob__71
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:
St Marcus wrote:

Agree 100%
Seize the moment
Disagree 100%
What lessons?
Yes I would know what the lessons we should have learnt are?

GrumpyOne

fingers wrote: Image
I hope you know that says something quite obscene in Kazak. :shock:

fingers
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
You mean.....

то неприличным

GrumpyOne

fingers wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
You mean.....

то неприличным
Wash your mouth out with yak's urine!!!!! :shock:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

that's bulls***......the afl should stfuoi.....

"AFL forced to mediate on Warnock deal

* David Prestipino
* October 7, 2008 - 7:32PM

The AFL has been forced to mediate on the Robbie Warnock deal between Carlton and Fremantle.

The AFL has been forced to mediate on the Robbie Warnock deal between Carlton and Fremantle. Photo: John Donegan

The AFL has been forced to intervene in the Robbie Warnock saga involving Fremantle and Carlton.

With the two clubs at loggerheads over the value of the Fremantle ruckman, the AFL has taken the unprecedented step of appointing one of its lawyers to assist the two clubs in a mediation meeting on Thursday to settle the dispute.

While the two clubs could still come to an agreement before then, it is becoming increasingly unlikely.

The AFL is keen for a deal to be reached on Warnock.

It has become frustrated with clubs in recent years for waiting until the last hour of trade week to finalise deals.

The AFL also does not want Warnock to enter the pre-season or national draft and price himself out of the salary caps of competing clubs.

Richmond and Melbourne are also in the hunt for a quality big man.

Fremantle wants Carlton's first-round pick in the draft (6), while Carlton is willing to offer pick 24 and perhaps a young West Australian as a sweetener, with Luke Blackwell or Paul Bower the likely bait.

The Dockers already risk losing vice-captain and midfield general Josh Carr to Port Adelaide for nothing, with Port reluctant to trade for its former premiership star.

It is understood Fremantle has threatened to re-draft Warnock if a suitable deal can't be reached."

wtf help carscum.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
4ever_saint
Club Player

just read this on the afl site which seems to have been recently added to the st kilda page:

The Saints may have also lost patience with injury-ridden defender Matt Maguire, who still may have some currency with other clubs looking for a tall backman.

goodie
Club Player

4ever_saint wrote:just read this on the afl site which seems to have been recently added to the st kilda page:

The Saints may have also lost patience with injury-ridden defender Matt Maguire, who still may have some currency with other clubs looking for a tall backman.
That's strikes me as most unwise, clubs are holding onto picks and he hasn't played in two years. Right now a third rounder would probably be the best we'd get.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

a beat up....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

the mediation seems like the afl trying to 'assist' two clubs in getting a solution to a problem that can be solved due to the rules that have been set

why couldnt we get mediation when heath black left and we received fiora from a 3 way trade???

i think its a crock

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

whats it got to do with the AFL ?? its between the cheats and the purple

The AFL also does not want Warnock to enter the pre-season or national draft and price himself out of the salary caps of competing clubs.
why the hell not ? isnt that all part of the process ? heck how did stevens get to carlton in the first place ??talk about draft tampering the AFL are doing exactly that !!
The Dockers already risk losing vice-captain and midfield general Josh Carr to Port Adelaide for nothing, with Port reluctant to trade for its former premiership star.
doesnt the afl then set the precedent to interveen in every trade and delisting or is it diff rules for diff players ??
It is understood Fremantle has threatened to re-draft Warnock if a suitable deal can't be reached."
and thats freos choice if they wanna waste a pick on a bloke who doesnt wanna play for them

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Ch 9 wrote:North Melbourne has taken Hamish McIntosh off the trade table

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
whats it got to do with the AFL ?? its between the cheats and the purple

why the hell not ? isnt that all part of the process ? heck how did stevens get to carlton in the first place ??talk about draft tampering the AFL are doing exactly that !!
doesnt the afl then set the precedent to interveen in every trade and delisting or is it diff rules for diff players ??
and thats freos choice if they wanna waste a pick on a bloke who doesnt wanna play for them
Couldn't agree with you more.

Why would the AFL give a toss if Warnock ends up playing VFL or WAFL or tiddly winks down at the local temperance hall? And isn't the point of the PSD to give an opportunity for players whose clubs couldn't secure a trade on their behalf to still find an AFL club?

Apart from those you have quoted above, I found this comment in the article to be, if anything, even more bizarre.
It has become frustrated with clubs in recent years for waiting until the last hour of trade week to finalise deals.
Brinksmanship has been a standard tactic in difficult commercial negotiations for centuries, if not millenia. I don't recall that the AFL has been tyically prepared to sign up to a TV rights deal before just about the last possible moment.

It's really a very silly article. If it's true, the AFL administration should hang its collective head in shame. But I doubt that it's true.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Latest from day 3 on afl.com.au
http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/ ... wsId=68797

don't know where that story about matt came from or went to.......

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
4ever_saint
Club Player

""
Tradeable commodities
St Kilda’s poor loss to Hawthorn in the preliminary final saw intense criticism of Nick Dal Santo and Justin Koschitzke. Neither of the two had his greatest season in 2008 but the club has already worked hard to quash rumours that they may be on the market.

That said, if the price is right, St Kilda would have to look at any deals that may be offered.

""

looks to be a new addition as i looked at it yesterday and there was no mention of matt at all.