Dayne Beams

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

HardSaint wrote:yep- lets get him - we need some mongrel about us.
His tatts are gonna make him a target and whether he knows it or not, are gonna see him, like a Boy Named Sue, get tough or die. I reckon his conviction to get his tatts in the the first place are an indication of his commitment to a cause, and a preparedness to stand by his decision.
Tattoos may not be to everybody's liking, but they've been around a long time and the AFL's santized image could well do with a hard bastard, like Alan McGee who played for Richmond in the 70s or those old footy cards with Sailor's forearm tatts - absolutely classic. The fact that he's got "Strength Through Loyalty" on his chest makes him the perfect fit
It was Robbie McGhee

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

thanks Mocha - yep Robbie McGhee - i love that pic of him on the ground at the end of a game (could it be a GF?) where's he's taking off his boots with a ciggie hangin out his mouth?
Lets make it a condition of his contract to get one of those Rose Tattoo / sharpie hair cuts that McGhee wore so well too...

The Doc
Club Player

degruch wrote:
His tatts are gonna make him a target and whether he knows it or not, are gonna see him, like a Boy Named Sue, get tough or die. I reckon his conviction to get his tatts in the the first place are an indication of his commitment to a cause, and a preparedness to stand by his decision.
Tattoos may not be to everybody's liking, but they've been around a long time and the AFL's santized image could well do with a hard bastard, like Alan McGee who played for Richmond in the 70s or those old footy cards with Sailor's forearm tatts - absolutely classic. The fact that he's got "Strength Through Loyalty" on his chest makes him the perfect fit
...Val Perovic had some decent ink too.
So did a bloke called Spida and don't we all love him (referring to a previous thread where he announced his retirement from the Swans and he got a lot of hate mail up here).

Just cos the kids got tatts doesn't mean much, even less if he's an Essendon fan!

2010 has a nice ring to it.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

The Doc wrote:
degruch wrote:
...Val Perovic had some decent ink too.
So did a bloke called Spida and don't we all love him (referring to a previous thread where he announced his retirement from the Swans and he got a lot of hate mail up here).

Just cos the kids got tatts doesn't mean much, even less if he's an Essendon fan!
Even worse...an Emo Essendon fan!!! Val Perovic was impressively scary to begin with, therefore, the tatts were impressive, but can't remember him setting the football world on fire. Plenty of guys have got 'em, but they don't enhance your football ability.

I hope he's not drawing more attention that he warrants because of some cheap sleeve work and a cool name.

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Spida's tatts are new age shite and were always a work in progress. The guy himself was a flake and his hair 'do's were cringeworthy.
Let's take a chance on a guy with biker sleeves and sharpie tails

GC Saint

I cant believe the amount of attention that his tatoo's are getting.!! :x
You'd think that what we should be concentrating on is how fantastic this kid is on the footy field. Honestly who cares if he has a tattoo, the kid can play footy and thats what we should be discussing.
Ive seen him play and as a die hard saints fan ide be stoked to see him play for the saints. :D

BakesFan
SS Life Member

GC Saint wrote:I cant believe the amount of attention that his tatoo's are getting.!! :x
You'd think that what we should be concentrating on is how fantastic this kid is on the footy field. Honestly who cares if he has a tattoo, the kid can play footy and thats what we should be discussing.
Ive seen him play and as a die hard saints fan ide be stoked to see him play for the saints. :D
Is that you, Fitzy?

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
GC Saint

Nope. My little brother played with Dayne and Fitzy as juniors at Mudgeeraba Saints.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

BakesFan wrote:
GC Saint wrote:I cant believe the amount of attention that his tatoo's are getting.!! :x
Is that you, Fitzy?
Sure would have met him at some stage Bakes Fan and not realised it. He is great mates with Fitzy's son. He's a gun, don't worry about that.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

But having "Strength Through Loyalty" tattooed on your chest just adds icing to the cake. Just doesnt seem right him going somewhere else when he's more or less inked his destiny....

Oh and mean ugly, crop and tails'd go down a treat too -

eppo67
Club Player

For the 2nd time he doesn't barrack for Saints!!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

eppo67 wrote:Go to the same Gym as him at Southport Sharks. He follows Essendon. Seems a nice enough kid. Huge kick saw him kick one from 50 m on the run at Southport this year and it went through post high. His tatts look silly.
forget all the tats ect cause basically who cares about that crap but if the kid can kick over 50m accuratly he should be looked at by the club !!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
gc1990

GET HIM ON BOARD!!
He's one of my best mates who i've played with in some form of footy whether that be rep or club since i was 9 (9 years). He's what we need at St. Kilda. He might not have the pace that we require but he's got the fitness and TOUGHNESS that we DESPERATELY need. He's got a brilliant handball in traffic (long) and he finds targets really well on the go inside 50. He also kicks goals as a midfielder or fwd, something we also need - can't rely on rooey to kick 6 a game. Playing midfield, he won leading goal kicker in just about every season i played club footy with him. More impressive is that he was leading possession getter by average in all interstate games this year. He's a ready made footballer; he could handle the big time next year, plus he's marketable.

I'm telling you, if he was in vic or wa he'd be touted a top 10 prospect for sure. Collingwood are real keen, and realise this. They have 11 and 30, dont think they'll use 11 so we have to get in on our 13.

I'm not sure if anyone on this forum has the pulling power to contact john beverage (murray perhaps), but let's not waste this opportunity. Get him in!

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

gc1990 wrote:GET HIM ON BOARD!!
He's one of my best mates who i've played with in some form of footy whether that be rep or club since i was 9 (9 years). He's what we need at St. Kilda. He might not have the pace that we require but he's got the fitness and TOUGHNESS that we DESPERATELY need. He's got a brilliant handball in traffic (long) and he finds targets really well on the go inside 50. He also kicks goals as a midfielder or fwd, something we also need - can't rely on rooey to kick 6 a game. Playing midfield, he won leading goal kicker in just about every season i played club footy with him. More impressive is that he was leading possession getter by average in all interstate games this year. He's a ready made footballer; he could handle the big time next year, plus he's marketable.

I'm telling you, if he was in vic or wa he'd be touted a top 10 prospect for sure. Collingwood are real keen, and realise this. They have 11 and 30, dont think they'll use 11 so we have to get in on our 13.

I'm not sure if anyone on this forum has the pulling power to contact john beverage (murray perhaps), but let's not waste this opportunity. Get him in!
Let's get him on board then

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Lets get him and give him number 35. Will be a star by the sound of it. I will give bevo a call.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Lets get him and give him number 35. Will be a star by the sound of it. I will give bevo a call.
already have

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
BakesFan
SS Life Member

That's got to be James this time! :lol:

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)