Membership Levy Grand Final Tickets

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint1974
Club Player

Membership Levy Grand Final Tickets

Hi everyone only new on this forum but for a while I have been thinking what as supporters we can do to help all members be able to access higher number of tickets being available for the grand final to the supporting club members.

My suggestion is we all club members pay a $5.00 levy on adult membership and a $2.00 levy on concession and junior members this money then goes into a pool for grandfinal day game to cover and reimburse the money made from the sale of corporate tickets(so those wonderful people who dont really follow the footy)numbers are cut back.

As the AFL say they need to sell these tickets to cover costs and this helps other clubs with revenue this levy can be invested for six months and divided up as the profits do from corporate sales.

I understand not all corporate tickets can be eliminated but if another 10,000 seats could be available to the football member of competing teams it wont solve the problem fully but would allow the real football supporter more chance to attend.

Ihave spoken to alot of other members from other clubs and like myself even if my team didnt make it to the grand final they would be happy to pay it.
I have written to Mike Sheehan and the AFL during the year about this but have had no reply.

Sorry about such a long post just would like to know other peoples opinion.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Sorry to pour cold water on your idea but we need to do the Maths.

Ground capacity 100,000

AFL Members approx 25,000

MCC Members approx 25,000

Corporates & Hangers on 30,000

Competing Clubs 20,000 (divided by 2)

We have in excess of 30,000 members. Your idea would work if it was St Kilda members ONLY (with 1/3 of those missing out) and no-one from the opposition. I'm not sure we'll get this one up !!

saint1974
Club Player

understand eatern sorry should make it clearer every member from all 16 clubs pay this levy and reduce crporate tickets i know we wont be able to get every member in but wouldnt it be better if at least another 10,000 real supporters could attend than the socialites.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint1974 wrote:understand eatern sorry should make it clearer every member from all 16 clubs pay this levy and reduce crporate tickets i know we wont be able to get every member in but wouldnt it be better if at least another 10,000 real supporters could attend than the socialites.
By reducing corporate tickets you reduce Andrew Demetriou's reasons for his $1Mill+ salary. Aint gunna hapen !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Membership Levy Grand Final Tickets

saint1974 wrote:Hi everyone only new on this forum but for a while I have been thinking what as supporters we can do to help all members be able to access higher number of tickets being available for the grand final to the supporting club members.

My suggestion is we all club members pay a $5.00 levy on adult membership and a $2.00 levy on concession and junior members this money then goes into a pool for grandfinal day game to cover and reimburse the money made from the sale of corporate tickets(so those wonderful people who dont really follow the footy)numbers are cut back.

As the AFL say they need to sell these tickets to cover costs and this helps other clubs with revenue this levy can be invested for six months and divided up as the profits do from corporate sales.

I understand not all corporate tickets can be eliminated but if another 10,000 seats could be available to the football member of competing teams it wont solve the problem fully but would allow the real football supporter more chance to attend.

Ihave spoken to alot of other members from other clubs and like myself even if my team didnt make it to the grand final they would be happy to pay it.
I have written to Mike Sheehan and the AFL during the year about this but have had no reply.

Sorry about such a long post just would like to know other peoples opinion.

you want a grand final ticket ...????? buy a social club membership.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

How much is a social club membership

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
saint1974
Club Player

stinger im a social club member /foundation member have been for 34years.

Only thinking of the people who cant afford it

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

bobmurray wrote:How much is a social club membership
About $90 extra per year

Before Im 85
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Social club member here for as long as I can remember...

That's your guarentee, even if being an SC member is now pretty much a blatant rip off and comes with hardly any of the old perks.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Only a guarantee til we get to 8500 when they will cap it.

GOod idea in principal, but sponsors have been getting GF for too long now to reverse it. Its not just a case of making up the shortfall and offering the sponsors a lesser deal without tix. For many GF tix is the sole or major reason they entertain entering into a sponsorship deal in the first place. League and Club sponsors would drop off like flies if GF tickets were taken away or significantly decreased

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:Only a guarantee til we get to 8500 when they will cap it.

GOod idea in principal, but sponsors have been getting GF for too long now to reverse it. Its not just a case of making up the shortfall and offering the sponsors a lesser deal without tix. For many GF tix is the sole or major reason they entertain entering into a sponsorship deal in the first place. League and Club sponsors would drop off like flies if GF tickets were taken away or significantly decreased
How many are in Foundation Club? I must surely be in it soon if it hasn't been capped. Anyway, if your already in SC the cap is irrelevant :)

asiu

:lol:

the foundation sc membership started with all those that were social club members in '03 or '04

to keep that status , yearly sc membership must be taken with yr 11 game (minimum) membership

miss a year on yr sc ....and yr no longer a foundation member

as i understand it ...when the tix available for the gf are less than the number of social club members ,

that = foundation members guaranteed , with the rest into a raffle

Solar
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote::lol:

the foundation sc membership started with all those that were social club members in '03 or '04

to keep that status , yearly sc membership must be taken with yr 11 game (minimum) membership

as i understand it ...when the tix available for the gf are less than the number of social club members ,

didn't this stop last year?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
luke.l_26
SS Hall of Fame

Hey...
Doesn't the club receive a certain amount of tickets every year as do the other 15 clubs under the "corporate" sector for like compeitions and stuff like that.
Should St Kilda make tha GF, wouldn't our corporate allocation be made available to the members... There'd be some that woudl go to the sponsors and stuff.. bu thte remaining tickets could go to the members.. it might not be much in the end.. but a little is always better than nothing....

MWL - Blinding footy players on the field since 2003
asiu

didn't this stop last year?
dunno mate

:roll: oh well ......rules , like promises , are made to be broken i suppose

i could go and research it , butfukit

casey scorp
Club Player

I am Foundation SC, and my son & a daughter.

Other daughter didn't initially renew, but the club sent her a membership card inviting her to pay and the barcode would be activated.

While the first group of membership cards made no mention of foundation status, the other daughter's card did.

So I would conclude that, even if the cards don't say it, the data base maintains a code for foundation status that will come back into play if the number of SC members exceeds the number of GF tickets available.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote::lol:

so by becoming a social club member u still arent 100% getting a ticket then, if the #s are up there.
total bollocks, yet some douchebag who has F*** all interest in the game let alone the teams competting gets in because he's companies a 'sponser'.
it would be cheaper to not get the social and buy from a scalper or out the paper to be honest.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Whilst the evidence may still be there on some SC cards, its my understanding that the Foundation Social Club initiative has totally gone with the demise of RB

The new scheme is ..we cap SC Membership at 8500, once we reach that (and we still have a ways to go) a waiting list will be created

This creates much less confusion should we make the GF than a 2-tier SC Membership. Either you are in the SC or you arent..makes perfect sense to me

AFAIK If you still have "Foundation" on your SC card is now means 7/8ths of bugger all

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

luke.l_26 wrote:Hey...
Doesn't the club receive a certain amount of tickets every year as do the other 15 clubs under the "corporate" sector for like compeitions and stuff like that.
Should St Kilda make tha GF, wouldn't our corporate allocation be made available to the members... There'd be some that woudl go to the sponsors and stuff.. bu thte remaining tickets could go to the members.. it might not be much in the end.. but a little is always better than nothing....
Hey Luke !!

If St Kilda made the GF the club would want to get/use even MORE tix for the corporates.

A couple of poached eggs on Grand Final Day can cost anything up to $2,000 and some...They do chuck in a GF ticket with the eggs.

With our membership hovering around 30,000 our allocation would be less than 10,000 + the corporate poached eggs !!

ctqs
Club Player

A mate of mine was telling me just recently that a mate of his was at the 2005 grand final (Swans v Eagles), sitting up the back of a corporate box, reading a rugby league magazine. They're the type of people that the rank and file supporters are missing out for and it makes me sick, even though I'm guaranteed a ticket as a foundation social club member.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
luke.l_26
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:This creates much less confusion should we make the GF than a 2-tier SC Membership. Either you are in the SC or you arent..makes perfect sense to me
Totally agree.
My neighbour who is a Hawks supporter was telling me the process of registering for grand final tickets.
They have a 3 levels of Priority. 1, 2 and 3. Basiccaly if you're a Priority 1 member you are guaranteed. priority 2 and 3 basically register and hope for the bestt that the number of priority 1 members doesn't exceed their allocation.

To me, having 8500 social club members capped guaranteeing everyone a seat is completely logical ensuring that there's no disappointments ont he day. You don't register, then tough luck buddy.

MWL - Blinding footy players on the field since 2003