Player Reviews (write your own!)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

makemytime
Club Player

Player Reviews (write your own!)

This was done on BigFooty a couple of times as a review for each game but I thought it might be a good idea to do one for the whole season.

Review Criteria:
- Short summary of player's performance this season
- Positives
- Negatives
- Future (if applicable)and improvement needed
- Score out of 10 (.5's acceptable, e.g. 8.5)

If anyone is interested, just post your reviews below, i'll do some leftovers (unless there is no interest at all at saintsational) and try to keep this as organised as possible

Below are the list of players used this year:

Allen, Jarryd - makemytime
Armitage, David
Baker, Steven
Ball, Luke
Birss, Shane
Blake, Jason
Clarke, Raphael
Clarke, Xavier
Dal Santo, Nick
Dempster, Sean
Eddy, Robert - Solar
Ferguson, Matthew
Fiora, Aaron
Fisher, Leigh
Fisher, Samuel
Gardiner, Michael S.
Gardiner, Charlie
Geary, Jarryn - Solar
Gehrig, Fraser
Gilbert, Sam
Goddard, Brendon
Gram, Jason
Gwilt, James
Harvey, Robert
Hayes, Lenny
Hudghton, Max
Jones, Clinton - Batnoe
King, Steven
Koschitzke, Justin
Maguire, Matthew
McEvoy, Ben
McQualter, Andrew
Milne, Stephen
Montagna, Leigh
Riewoldt, Nick
Rix, Michael
Schneider, Adam
Last edited by makemytime on Sat 04 Oct 2008 2:03am, edited 3 times in total.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

great idea

Would be great for people to grab one or two and do some good homework and write these up well. I will take geary and eddy. I have saturday off so will write it then. :)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Batnoe

Clinton Jones- They boy isnt my favourite player but i love his endevour- i love his never give up and can do attitude... It must be hard knowing you are bagged even before you step onto the field and i think he has finally earnt some respect- the respect he deserved. We all know he isnt the most skillful player but he gets the ball and was far from our worst player. I have been watching him a lot because people always bag him out about his disposal.. most of his possessions have been hitting our team (maybe not the best option) i love his hardness at the ball and he knows he is playing for his spot, like all players should do
Positives- Mark against Sydney running against flight of ball
- chase down on Buddy... even the opposition dont respect him, i think this one tackle proved how important he is to the team... he is fast and athletic and shows the heart and passion needed to play for this club
Negatives- Being bagged by his own supporters

I think he has a future with us, at least for the next 2 years anyway, he has improved dramatically over the last year and i am sure there will be a lot of improvement left, if he is delsited like many say i will be very annoyed... the spectators that are calling for his head should learn what football is

Mark overall with team importance- 7 out of 10
Mark because he is Clinton Jones- 2 out of 10

Me personally would be 7 out of 10 and a very impressive season by someone that is always bagged by his supporters

makemytime
Club Player

Solar wrote:great idea

Would be great for people to grab one or two and do some good homework and write these up well. I will take geary and eddy. I have saturday off so will write it then. :)
thanks for the support, hopefully it'll catch on and Batnoe's done a good review on jones, spot on. i love his hardness at the ball and even though he hasn't got the silky skills, he still fights hard in any game (he nullified davis the nite we played against pies)

i'll start doing some work soon as well, as soon as msot of the playersare picked (or as many as possible)

makemytime
Club Player

Jarryd Allen - was finally given his debut late in the season. The tall forward showed a decent few games this year and could be what ST Kilda needs at full-fwd after Kosi's disappointing performances at full-fwd. Must have been shattered when he was injured in the semi-final win.

Positives - showed his strength in a contest and his willingness to mark in a contest. I remember vividly in the game aginst north melbourne and how he split a pack of 3 or 4 kangaroo players while trying to take a mark.

Negatives - his speed is sluggish and he was found wanting when his direct opponent dropped off him to double-team roo or kosi. He needs to put himself on a lead more and give himself chances to kick goals as a forward.

Future/Improvement: will certainly stay at the club but it is up to him to improve his work rate and strength in marking situations

Score - 6/10