why i think we should trade kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Richter wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:we wont trade kosi because 1 . he is 6 foot 6 massive build. you dont get them everywhere.
2. he is dedicated to stkilda. jst like dal, no to neither.
Don't bother about these buffoons ralphy, your common sense logic won't stop the threads coming....

Kosi is a GOP - but he's the equivalent of 2 GOPs as his inclusion means that you don't have to play 2 out and out ruckmen. He's isn't a star ruckman but how many rucks can play up front as well as Kosi can?
agree - but since we are paying him as an elite player - he needs a pay cut or to be traded to provide quad pay balance.

keep him - just cut his pay 20-30%
so first you want to trade him coz he's next to useless in your opnion... now you say it's ok to keep a useless player as long as they are paid accordingly?? :roll:

On that basis, we can keep Rix, Fiora and a few others?? :shock:

This here is where you lose all cred and respectability. Give it a rest ffs. :roll:
well it always comesback to what u get for him.
im saying we should be open to offers.

and for the record id axe rix and fizz - difference is noone would want them. clearly another club would take kosi. so stop simplifying it you flog. my point is to keep an open mind and not put your head in the sand and pretend hes awesome and he going to live up to this fantasy land "potential" . wishful thinking and hoping is no substitute for pragmaticism. im just putting myself in the realist camp. not the dreamers camp.

the dreamers camp reckon kosiis the next simon madden. x clarke is the next peter matera. armitage is the next michael voss. jack steven the next rovert harvey. mat maguire the next jonothan brown etc etc etc its great to dream and be hopeful. but these true blue saints believers wont help win any actual games.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:we wont trade kosi because 1 . he is 6 foot 6 massive build. you dont get them everywhere.
2. he is dedicated to stkilda. jst like dal, no to neither.
Don't bother about these buffoons ralphy, your common sense logic won't stop the threads coming....

Kosi is a GOP - but he's the equivalent of 2 GOPs as his inclusion means that you don't have to play 2 out and out ruckmen. He's isn't a star ruckman but how many rucks can play up front as well as Kosi can?
the pro kosi argument seems to be based on 5 points:

1. hes tall
2. hes really tall
3. he actually a pretty big guy
4. hes massive
5. hes tall

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

would get jack for him and we don't appear to have slary cap problems so why trade him?

To the top
SS Life Member

Judd - Brownlow Medal, Premiership player, Now leading the Carlton improvement with his distinct abilities. Controls and wins games.

Hodge - Premiership player, Norm Smith Medallist for BOG in a Grand Final. Controls and wins games.

Ball - Injury blighted career. Has lost running and kicking abilities. Not a patch on either Judd or Hodge.

Ball was a No. 2 Draft Pick, and is very much inferior to Judd and Hodge.

So why all the concentration on Koschitzke?

Might as well put 3 duds up for trade, Ball, Koschitzke and Dal Santo.

And Baker who misses most of each season because of lengthy suspensions, then injury when he actually gets onto the field. X played more games, so why the concentration on X, who actually attacks the contest with too much gusto for his own good?

Starved of success, St Kilda supporters resort to "hero worship", not recognising team and the needs of a team.

And they eat their own - which unfortunately includes their premier players.

Frustration, I suppose.

We have to build a side around our best players.

We ARE half a dozen players short of a quality outfit, and those half a dozen do not include Koschitzke, Ball, Dal Santo or X. Clarke.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:i think that is my point. no other club would pay him more than us. saints rate him higher than the market. he is getting above market rates based on his position in the draft and false expectations.

he couldnt walk in to another club for more. he is like a ben holland/jade rawlings where he got a contract based on some very good timing/negotiations that he cant possibly live up to. his actul market rate would be a lot less - saints fans are the only ones who rate him. no other club rates him at all.

this is where we differ. u reckon kosi is getting his market worth - i reckon hes getting over his market worth. simple. i put him in the category of gaspar, ben holland, jade rawlings. over-rated. over paid and over here.
You make so many uninformed and sweeping statements I almost don't know where to begin.

You say that no other club would pay him more than us! How much is he getting paid? How much should he be paid? If you know then please back up your statement otherwise stop spinning crap.

The market dictates his market rate! Not you and not me. His actual market rate? I would wager that he is on less then his market rate along with a few of our players.

I assume that your diatribe is fully researched and highly informed as you are claiming your statements as fact and not opinion. I can safely assume that you've spoken to all the other 15 clubs and informed them of Kosi's salary and been told that he wouldn't get that figure at another club.

Your post is uninformed, ignorant and, IMO, inaccurate.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Judd - Brownlow Medal, Premiership player, Now leading the Carlton improvement with his distinct abilities. Controls and wins games.

Hodge - Premiership player, Norm Smith Medallist for BOG in a Grand Final. Controls and wins games.

Ball - Injury blighted career. Has lost running and kicking abilities. Not a patch on either Judd or Hodge.

And Baker who misses most of each season because of lengthy suspensions, then injury when he actually gets onto the field. X played more games, so why the concentration on X, who actually attacks the contest with too much gusto for his own good?

Starved of success, St Kilda supporters resort to "hero worship", not recognising team and the needs of a team.

Frustration, I suppose.

We ARE half a dozen players short of a quality outfit, and those half a dozen do not include Koschitzke, Ball, Dal Santo or X. Clarke.
Thats how I see it also - we need another 5 or 6 higher quality than the current bottom 5 or 6 an that takes time. You dont get that while also trading players who fill a structural need (ruck/fwd) or midfield unless the trade is to good to pass up.

“Yeah….nah””
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Did anyone see the game last Saturday?

Those 2 teams will eat us for years to come, unless we do something about our list.

Kosi has been useless to us for years.

If a suitable offer is made we would be crazy not to accept it.

According to many on this site we have to keep Kosi because he loves St Kilda and is a great bloke and has great potential and will be a superstar.

I've got news for you lot, he may love St Kilda and be a great bloke, but he had great potential (not anymore) and he will not be a superstar.

Kosi has made our top ten once, in his first year (9th for godssake), and that was 8 years ago.

We need another key forward, another ruckman and a centre half back. Kosi is none of these.

He does not have a position to play in our team and therefore should move on, for his benefit and that of the club.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Did anyone see the game last Saturday?

Those 2 teams will eat us for years to come, unless we do something about our list.

According to many on this site we have to keep Kosi because he loves St Kilda and is a great bloke and has great potential and will be a superstar.

I've got news for you lot, he may love St Kilda and be a great bloke, but he had great potential (not anymore) and he will not be a superstar.

Kosi has made our top ten once, in his first year (9th for godssake), and that was 8 years ago.

We need another key forward, another ruckman and a centre half back. Kosi is none of these.

He does not have a position to play in our team and therefore should move on, for his benefit and that of the club.
You answered it yourself Bernard, we need another key forward, another ruckman and a centre half back to even begin to replace Kosi....so obviously he's only crime is his versatility?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:

You answered it yourself Bernard, we need another key forward, another ruckman and a centre half back to even begin to replace Kosi....so obviously he's only crime is his versatility?
hes neither a ruck (too short at 196cm) or agile enough to be kpp. therefore hes a nothing.

his only crime is not being any good at footy.
yes hes tall. yes he can take a pack mark.
but in modern footy - this doesnt cut it. his performance in the 2 finals against decent opposition speak volumes.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
To the top wrote:Judd - Brownlow Medal, Premiership player, Now leading the Carlton improvement with his distinct abilities. Controls and wins games.

Frustration, I suppose.

Thats how I see it also - we need another 5 or 6 higher quality than the current bottom 5 or 6 an that takes time. You dont get that while also trading players who fill a structural need (ruck/fwd) or midfield unless the trade is to good to pass up.
he does not fill a structura need.

he can play ruck (too short)
and cant play KP (not agile enough).
hes between positions. not his fault. just the way modern footy is right now. sorry guys. its a cruel game.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:would get jack for him and we don't appear to have slary cap problems so why trade him?
fine. do nothing. keep things as we are and see where we end up in 5 years.

To the top
SS Life Member

Final word - and time will tell!

IF we can improve our mid-field depth and our attacking abilities including from defence (and I see a fit Maguire as central to this, including because at CHB he speads initially S. Fisher plus he has attacking flair himself) PLUS we can introduce another key forward option (and I do not mean another Milne or Schnieder type but a target forward) to spread the opposition of other sides, ensuring BOTH Riewoldt and Koschitzke get "one out" opportunities, not being double teamed including with a "blocking" player in front of them giving an impression of contesting the mark but actually there to keep them off the contest, and with favourable delivery to their advantage, St Kilda will improve considerably and Koschitzke will be the "star" certain on here opine that he should be.

The problem is we ONLY have Riewoldt and Koschitzke in attack as targets and, to boot, Koschitzke needs to ruck because we only have King (most adequate), M. Gardiner (most adequate but injured from mid-season), Rix (not up to it) and McEvoy (first year player who needs to put on 2 stone at least to graduate to the ruck) plus a Drafted player who will be in the same stage of development as McEvoy.

Let's wait and see if St Kilda can build a quality side around its quality players.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:IF we can improve our mid-field depth and our attacking abilities including from defence (and I see a fit Maguire as central to this, including because at CHB he speads initially S. Fisher plus he has attacking flair himself) PLUS we can introduce another key forward option (and I do not mean another Milne or Schnieder type but a target forward) to spread the opposition of other sides, ensuring BOTH Riewoldt and Koschitzke get "one out" opportunities, not being double teamed including with a "blocking" player in front of them giving an impression of contesting the mark but actually there to keep them off the contest, and with favourable delivery to their advantage, St Kilda will improve considerably and Koschitzke will be the "star" certain on here opine that he should be.
i think i agree with that. :wink:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Final word - and time will tell!

IF we can improve our mid-field depth and our attacking abilities including from defence (and I see a fit Maguire as central to this, including because at CHB he speads initially S. Fisher plus he has attacking flair himself) PLUS we can introduce another key forward option (and I do not mean another Milne or Schnieder type but a target forward) to spread the opposition of other sides, ensuring BOTH Riewoldt and Koschitzke get "one out" opportunities, not being double teamed including with a "blocking" player in front of them giving an impression of contesting the mark but actually there to keep them off the contest, and with favourable delivery to their advantage, St Kilda will improve considerably and Koschitzke will be the "star" certain on here opine that he should be.

The problem is we ONLY have Riewoldt and Koschitzke in attack as targets and, to boot, Koschitzke needs to ruck because we only have King (most adequate), M. Gardiner (most adequate but injured from mid-season), Rix (not up to it) and McEvoy (first year player who needs to put on 2 stone at least to graduate to the ruck) plus a Drafted player who will be in the same stage of development as McEvoy.

Let's wait and see if St Kilda can build a quality side around its quality players.
When has Kosi ever been double teamed?

He doesn't present enough for any opponent to worry about him.

Thats why roo is double and triple teamed, nobody is worried about Kosi.

If we get a half decent trade offer we should take it. If we don't get one, he stays, to frustrate supporters for the ninth year.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:

When has Kosi ever been double teamed?

He doesn't present enough for any opponent to worry about him.

Thats why roo is double and triple teamed, nobody is worried about Kosi.

If we get a half decent trade offer we should take it. If we don't get one, he stays, to frustrate supporters for the ninth year.
No offence, but if he is only going to frustrate his supporters, that wouldn't apply to you?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:

Excuse me, but can you read?

Kosi is not a ruckman or key position player. He is not versatile in any definition of the word.

He is a very ordinary player, who should be traded if the right offer eventuates. I realise that he is your 'baby' and therefore all reason is out the window.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:

Excuse me, but can you read?

Kosi is not a ruckman or key position player. He is not versatile in any definition of the word.

He is a very ordinary player, who should be traded if the right offer eventuates. I realise that he is your 'baby' and therefore all reason is out the window.
I was being ambiguous, but hey....whatever!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

You were being what?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Main Entry: ambiguous
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: Liable to more than one interpretation.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

What various interpretations should I, or anyone else reading this be aware of?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:What various interpretations should I, or anyone else reading this be aware of?
It's also called being cheeky, I was just turning your words around Bernard....it was really no big deal

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I can live with cheeky posters.

You have certainly taken to Saintsational (or is it just Kosi?), with a passion in six weeks.

Come to think of it, you weren't interested before the finals.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:I can live with cheeky posters.

You have certainly taken to Saintsational (or is it just Kosi?), with a passion in six weeks.

Come to think of it, you weren't interested before the finals.
Yes I have taken to this site, wish I had know about it before....I appreciate your interest.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dude. time has told. how long should i wait for the "potential"
wishfull thinking and hope are not good commodities on which to run a football team.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

If he stays... then all I'd like to see him do isget his muscles ripped and get some aggro into his game. He has the size to intimidate IMO. Play him as a ruck / rover (ok I'm old).

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.