why i think we should trade kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Richter
SS Life Member

ralphysaints35 wrote:we wont trade kosi because 1 . he is 6 foot 6 massive build. you dont get them everywhere.
2. he is dedicated to stkilda. jst like dal, no to neither.
Don't bother about these buffoons ralphy, your common sense logic won't stop the threads coming....

Kosi is a GOP - but he's the equivalent of 2 GOPs as his inclusion means that you don't have to play 2 out and out ruckmen. He's isn't a star ruckman but how many rucks can play up front as well as Kosi can?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:we wont trade kosi because 1 . he is 6 foot 6 massive build. you dont get them everywhere.
Don't bother about these buffoons ralphy, your common sense logic won't stop the threads coming....

Kosi is a GOP - but he's the equivalent of 2 GOPs as his inclusion means that you don't have to play 2 out and out ruckmen. He's isn't a star ruckman but how many rucks can play up front as well as Kosi can?
agree - but since we are paying him as an elite player - he needs a pay cut or to be traded to provide quad pay balance.

keep him - just cut his pay 20-30%

Richter
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:agree - but since we are paying him as an elite player - he needs a pay cut or to be traded to provide quad pay balance.

Well, that obviously can't happen while he's on a contract - but at the negotiations for the next one I would expect that would be taken into account.

It's the one area that we pretty much have to trust the club on - how much to pay each player. In general I'm happy enough with that situation.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:ok im happy to keep him. but we can pay him for what he is? a good player - a 6 or 7/ 10.

we are paying him as an elite - 8 or 9/10 which he aint. he needs a 20-30% pay cut. otherwise we get list/pay/motivation imbalance within the team.

i'm all for people being paid on merit and for what they produce.

if he is as highly-paid as you seem to think then perhaps this is something the club will have to consider when his contract is up for renegotiation.

until then, he should be paid what we agreed to pay him. it's not his fault if he has struck a good deal.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

You've got to be kidding, another Kosi thread....you couldn't just add your comments to one of the existing threads? :roll:

Just clarifying, that I am part of the Pro-Kosi team...who is with me!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Don't think he should be traded, but is not untouchable if the right deal was available.
Is a serial under performer who needs to lift his contribution substantially. Tired of hearing excuses for his inconsistency.
Barely a GOP at this point in his career.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
Moccha wrote:Con, Unfortunately you don't have a say!
I don't think it is unfortunate at all...
look i dont mind being wrong. this is an opinion page. i dont mind people disagreeing. but it shites me when people dont put up an argument or a counter-point on a post on the actual issue and just bag someone personally.
OK...Here goes.
Con Gorozidis wrote:firstly..
its not kosis fault he was a high draft pick
not his fault he has high expectations
not his fault he is highly paid
Is he highly paid? How much is he on compared to Roo, Lenny and Ball? What is his market rate?
Con Gorozidis wrote:i feel he is a victim of circumstance. however the issue for me is a team issue. if he is getting paid double everyone else and is performing equal and putting equal effort in to everyone else then you get a performance/benchmark issue throughout the entire team.

Footy, like most professional occupations, is not unionised. As such, the person next to you could be on more money than you for doing the same job. Let's assume, just for yucks, that your supposition is right and he is being paid squillions. Maybe his manager is better at negotiating than others. But I think that he has skills that are in demand. St Kilda knows that Kosi could walk to any club for more money. But I'd be willing to wager that he is playing at our club for a lot less than he could of got elsewhere.
Con Gorozidis wrote:lets say in your job - you know the guy that sits next you gets paid double you - but u think you perform at least as well - maybe better than him/her and give at least as much if not more effort and bring equal or more business to your work - do you resent it? does it effect your motivation? F OATH it is. is it the other persons fault? NO.
Like it or not, that's the way it is in the real world.
Con Gorozidis wrote:kosi is just a victim of unfair expectations - but for him (im sure he feels the pressure) and for the others players motivation, morale and benchmarking - he should be either

a) traded; or
b) given a serious paycut
So, your whole argument is based on your theory on his salary.

If there is a question mark on the motivation and morale on the rest of the team because of your Kosi theory then we are in serious trouble.

As I said, I don't think that it is unfortunate that you have zero say in Kosi's future at our club.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
Moccha wrote:Con, Unfortunately you don't have a say!
I don't think it is unfortunate at all...
look i dont mind being wrong. this is an opinion page. i dont mind people disagreeing. but it shites me when people dont put up an argument or a counter-point on a post on the actual issue and just bag someone personally.
OK...Here goes.
Is he highly paid? How much is he on compared to Roo, Lenny and Ball? What is his market rate?
Con Gorozidis wrote:i feel he is a victim of circumstance. however the issue for me is a team issue. if he is getting paid double everyone else and is performing equal and putting equal effort in to everyone else then you get a performance/benchmark issue throughout the entire team.

Footy, like most professional occupations, is not unionised. As such, the person next to you could be on more money than you for doing the same job. Let's assume, just for yucks, that your supposition is right and he is being paid squillions. Maybe his manager is better at negotiating than others. But I think that he has skills that are in demand. St Kilda knows that Kosi could walk to any club for more money. But I'd be willing to wager that he is playing at our club for a lot less than he could of got elsewhere.
Con Gorozidis wrote:lets say in your job - you know the guy that sits next you gets paid double you - but u think you perform at least as well - maybe better than him/her and give at least as much if not more effort and bring equal or more business to your work - do you resent it? does it effect your motivation? F OATH it is. is it the other persons fault? NO.
Like it or not, that's the way it is in the real world.
Con Gorozidis wrote:kosi is just a victim of unfair expectations - but for him (im sure he feels the pressure) and for the others players motivation, morale and benchmarking - he should be either

a) traded; or
So, your whole argument is based on your theory on his salary.

If there is a question mark on the motivation and morale on the rest of the team because of your Kosi theory then we are in serious trouble.

As I said, I don't think that it is unfortunate that you have zero say in Kosi's future at our club.
i think that is my point. no other club would pay him more than us. saints rate him higher than the market. he is getting above market rates based on his position in the draft and false expectations.

he couldnt walk in to another club for more. he is like a ben holland/jade rawlings where he got a contract based on some very good timing/negotiations that he cant possibly live up to. his actul market rate would be a lot less - saints fans are the only ones who rate him. no other club rates him at all.

this is where we differ. u reckon kosi is getting his market worth - i reckon hes getting over his market worth. simple. i put him in the category of gaspar, ben holland, jade rawlings. over-rated. over paid and over here.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Re: why i think we should trade kosi

Con Gorozidis wrote:
firstly.. its not kosis fault that I'm a d1ckhead
not his fault that supporters have high expectations

i feel he is a victim of no-nothing mental midgets opinions
Try editing your op so it makes sense.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote: this is where we differ. u reckon kosi is getting his market worth - i reckon hes getting over his market worth. simple. i put him in the category of gaspar, ben holland, jade rawlings. over-rated. over paid and over here.
would be very interested to know exactly what he is being paid. Anyone actually know?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote: this is where we differ. u reckon kosi is getting his market worth - i reckon hes getting over his market worth. simple. i put him in the category of gaspar, ben holland, jade rawlings. over-rated. over paid and over here.
would be very interested to know exactly what he is being paid. Anyone actually know?
no and neither does the OP.

Batnoe

i feel he is a victim of circumstance. however the issue for me is a team issue. if he is getting paid double everyone else and is performing equal and putting equal effort in to everyone else then you get a performance/benchmark issue throughout the entire team.

lets say in your job - you know the guy that sits next you gets paid double you - but u think you perform at least as well - maybe better than him/her and give at least as much if not more effort and bring equal or more business to your work - do you resent it? does it effect your motivation? F OATH it is. is it the other persons fault? NO.

kosi is just a victim of unfair expectations - but for him (im sure he feels the pressure) and for the others players motivation, morale and benchmarking - he should be either

a) traded; or
To be honest with you... If i can get paid twice as much as my worth and half as good as the person next to me, it must mean i hold some importance and i am a good negotiator or they would get rid of me... why would i resent them for being paid half of what i am on and doing double the work? it isnt their fault they are being underpaid

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

lol - funny thread.

Amusing how fickle supporters are and change like the wind.

Last year it was Blake who should get traded. A good year and not a whisper.

Earlier in the season Raph wouldn't not one get traded but would also get delisted at the same time. :D

A good end to season 2008 and not a word.

First season Kosi has been relatively injury free for years. Still had a crook knee for a lenghty part of the season. Give the bloke a chance after another full pre season to show his wares.

All this trade talk is truly very funny.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Some Tosser says he has dissapointed as a first ruckman and as a 2nd forward.

And we should trade him for a better ruckman or a better forward.

No comment required!

Except to say he is a required player.

The question is, if he is in opposition colours, who do we match up on him?
That post doesn't make sense at all, but thanks for those loving words...

Do you honestly believe that he has lived up to your expectations in either position?

Do you think he is worth keeping as a GOP when we could get a far better deal, including draft picks in the last draft for a long time....

Why is he required? what is it that he brings that another player doesn't?

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:You've got to be kidding, another Kosi thread....you couldn't just add your comments to one of the existing threads? :roll:

Count me in for the Pro-Kosi team. Maybe we should start our own thread? :D

Serious, give it up guys. He is not going anywhere! SEN (Ox - the run home) believes he is only worth a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick and that we should trade him! If they traded him for anything less than a first round draft pick, I would personally send the men with the straight jackets down to visit Ross Lyon! How many established Key Position players (of Kosi's size) does he think is available in the draft?

Anyway, carry on with your Kosi bagging. Don't let a little bit of logic and loyalty stop you......

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:You've got to be kidding, another Kosi thread....you couldn't just add your comments to one of the existing threads? :roll:

Serious, give it up guys. He is not going anywhere! SEN (Ox - the run home) believes he is only worth a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick and that we should trade him! If they traded him for anything less than a first round draft pick, I would personally send the men with the straight jackets down to visit Ross Lyon! How many established Key Position players (of Kosi's size) does he think is available in the draft?

Anyway, carry on with your Kosi bagging. Don't let a little bit of logic and loyalty stop you......
logis is as follows - he needs to grow2 inches to be a ruckman. hes not agile enough to be a kpp. hes not an established kpp.

youo guys bagging me are hilarious. bagging me wont make kosi any good. nor will wishful thinking. and bagging me wont help us win games.

the guy is an ok player - thats it. hes not a messiah waiting to happen. its not injuries holding him back. he just a tall big guy who can take the odd pack mark - but not much more than that.

he is about the same standard as nick holland and jade rawlings. tall guys with big raps & big contracts who were traded and replaced and forgotten and were duds at their new clubs.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saint75 wrote:

logis is as follows - he needs to grow2 inches to be a ruckman. hes not agile enough to be a kpp. hes not an established kpp.

youo guys bagging me are hilarious. bagging me wont make kosi any good. nor will wishful thinking. and bagging me wont help us win games.

the guy is an ok player - thats it. hes not a messiah waiting to happen. its not injuries holding him back. he just a tall big guy who can take the odd pack mark - but not much more than that.

he is about the same standard as nick holland and jade rawlings. tall guys with big raps & big contracts who were traded and replaced and forgotten and were duds at their new clubs.
Did you see Kosi when he was at full fitness? Why do you believe he is not capable of that again? This is the first full season he has had in quite sometime and he deserves at least another 12 months to see how he goes. Besides, I could not cope seeing Kosi in another teams colours!!!!! He is a Saint and will remain that way for the remainder of his career!

Yes, I am loyal and I STRONGLY believe Kosi will repay the club for the time and the effort they have put into him! Just mark my words.........come back to this thread in 12 months time so I have the pleasure in shouting "I TOLD YOU SO!!"

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

ok. ill stop criticising saints players and hold the party line that you "true saints" follow.

somehow by bagging some of our players - i am less true blue than you guys. sounds like the spanish inquisition mccartyism stalinism or nazism. NO DISSENT! only people who worship the greatness of the chosen ones can be right. any dissent and you are labelled.

from now ill follow the mantra :

all saints players are superstars and champs and the best;
only the wickedness of other teams and the afl stops us from claming the holy grail;
anyone in a saints jumper is a champion, a chosen one and all others are scum;
only injuries or outside forces stop all saints from being the great superstars they truly are;
kosi is an awesome super key position/ruckman and only injuries have prevented him from dominating the world;
every decision made by the club and coaching panel is correct because they have superior wisdom and forsight to us lesser beings;
i ignore the fact that in 2 finals against strong oppostion kosi kicked no goals at all and did nothing. ill pretend that never happened and focus on the times he did well against crap teams like the dockers;
all who question or criticise are not true saints but imposters;

is this better?
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Wed 01 Oct 2008 9:45pm, edited 2 times in total.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:ok. ill stop criticising saints players and hold the party line that you "true saints" follow.

somehow by bagging some of our players - i am less true blue than you guys. sounds like the spanish inquisition mccartyism stalinism or nazism. NO DISSENT! only people who worship the greatness of the chosen ones can be right. any dissent and you are labelled.

from now ill follow the mantra :

all saints players are superstars and champs and the best;
only the wickedness of other teams and the afl stops us from claming the holy grail;
anyone in a saints jumper is a champion, a chosen one and all others are scum;
only injuries or outside forces stop all saints from being the great superstars they truly are;
kosi is an awesome super key position/ruckman and only injuries have prevented him from dominating the world;
lal who question or criticise are not true saints but imposters;

is this better?
Fantastic! Glad we have finally made you see the light!

The wonderful thing about football is that it is an emotional game. Anyone who believes any different is a fool!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saint75 wrote:

Did you see Kosi when he was at full fitness? Why do you believe he is not capable of that again? This is the first full season he has had in quite sometime and he deserves at least another 12 months to see how he goes. Besides, I could not cope seeing Kosi in another teams colours!!!!! He is a Saint and will remain that way for the remainder of his career!

Yes, I am loyal and I STRONGLY believe Kosi will repay the club for the time and the effort they have put into him! Just mark my words.........come back to this thread in 12 months time so I have the pleasure in shouting "I TOLD YOU SO!!"
I feel I am speaking for all the pro-traders when I say this, however I may not be...

We are not saying that Kosi has to be offloaded, we aren't saying that he should be delisted or anything like that either....

Every player on the list is up for trade, apart from Roo, Hudghton and Chips...

We must offer Kosi to see what we could get for him, we aren't going to trade him for a second rounder or a 3rd rounder, BUT if we could find a deal where we could find a player that could do a similar job as him and we also get a draft pick or a starting 22 player we would be crazy not to take it...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:

i feel he is a victim of circumstance. however the issue for me is a team issue. if he is getting paid double everyone else and is performing equal and putting equal effort in to everyone else then you get a performance/benchmark issue throughout the entire team.

lets say in your job - you know the guy that sits next you gets paid double you - but u think you perform at least as well - maybe better than him/her and give at least as much if not more effort and bring equal or more business to your work - do you resent it? does it effect your motivation? F OATH it is. is it the other persons fault? NO.

kosi is just a victim of unfair expectations - but for him (im sure he feels the pressure) and for the others players motivation, morale and benchmarking - he should be either

a) traded; or
To be honest with you... If i can get paid twice as much as my worth and half as good as the person next to me, it must mean i hold some importance and i am a good negotiator or they would get rid of me... why would i resent them for being paid half of what i am on and doing double the work? it isnt their fault they are being underpaid
umm its a team sport. team needs to be united.. your attitude is not something id like to see within a team. its not evryone for himself and bad luck if u cant negotiate.

pre-lim final kosi v hawks = 0 goals
qualifying final kosi v cats = 0 goals

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Some Tosser says he has dissapointed as a first ruckman and as a 2nd forward.

And we should trade him for a better ruckman or a better forward.

No comment required!

Except to say he is a required player.

The question is, if he is in opposition colours, who do we match up on him?
who did the hawks and cats put on him in the finals series when he kicked zero goals and did sweet f all?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Richter wrote:

agree - but since we are paying him as an elite player - he needs a pay cut or to be traded to provide quad pay balance.

so first you want to trade him coz he's next to useless in your opnion... now you say it's ok to keep a useless player as long as they are paid accordingly?? :roll:

On that basis, we can keep Rix, Fiora and a few others?? :shock:

This here is where you lose all cred and respectability. Give it a rest ffs. :roll:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Batnoe wrote:

a) traded; or
umm its a team sport. team needs to be united.. your attitude is not something id like to see within a team. its not evryone for himself and bad luck if u cant negotiate.

pre-lim final kosi v hawks = 0 goals
qualifying final kosi v cats = 0 goals
I suspect that Roo, Kosi and Dal gave up better offers from other clubs to stay together.

As far as negotiation goes... that's why players have managers.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Who agrees with pOX on SEN. He said we should get what we can for Kosi, and that would be a 2nd Rd pick at best, but probably only a 3rd Rd pick.

My thoughts on pOX are that the man must have 2 d***s. You can't possibly be that stupid playing with only one !!