How do you feel about being by the seaside?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

:lol:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Pilgram wrote:This is massive for the peninsula, the club and the AFL.
It's win-win for everyone.
When St. Kilda get the flag and hang it in Seaford it will be MENTLE!
MENTLE? probably says it all.

Street Talk will be at Frangers every week.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i hate that bit at seaford where its 60km/hr and 4 lanes and there is always a speed camera.

GrumpyOne

Con Gorozidis wrote:i hate that bit at seaford where its 60km/hr and 4 lanes and there is always a speed camera.
At least tell us exactly Con..... Some of us don't like paying speeding fines. :(

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

robsaint wrote:We one of the worst words to a theme song in the AFL. We have I believe the best colours.

I know this has been done before but we need to rethink our song. We can have the same tune and still have "Oh when the saints go marching in", but we need to change some of the verse. We should have in it something about the players and the supporters.

Any thoughts!

Worst theme song ? Next to the Dockers song you mean.

Ha ha ,,, Heave Ho indeed. No wonder they are going to change it.

I think something to a tune of AC/DC or Barnsy would be a thought.

What will be next from this club ?
GrumpyOne

VietNam_Saint wrote:
robsaint wrote:We one of the worst words to a theme song in the AFL. We have I believe the best colours.

I know this has been done before but we need to rethink our song. We can have the same tune and still have "Oh when the saints go marching in", but we need to change some of the verse. We should have in it something about the players and the supporters.

Any thoughts!

Worst theme song ? Next to the Dockers song you mean.

Ha ha ,,, Heave Ho indeed. No wonder they are going to change it.

I think something to a tune of AC/DC or Barnsy would be a thought.
I think Runaway Saints has a certain appeal. :D

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

saint patrick wrote:
evertonfc wrote:I have driven that way recently and the only explosions I saw were some kid letting off firecrackers at Kananook Station.
Depends which roads you take :roll:

Talk to real estate agents down here..the peninsula is the jewel in Melbournes crown...and it will only shine brighter in years to come 8-)
The "jewel in Melbourne's crown" as you put it isnt the Frankston end of the peninsula but further south, where we call Frankston "Moe by the Bay"

casey scorp
Club Player

yipper wrote:It is fairly exploding - huge growth area. At least equal to the Eastern suburban expansion. We are merely consolidating ourselves in one of the major growth corridors in this state.
saint patrick wrote: Couldn't agree more Yipper...the peninsula's growth especially young familys is as healthy as anywhere[Mornington,Cranbourne has literally exploded]
You can’t be serious.

The latest stats I found on the ABS website for population growth for municipalities relate to the 2006/07 year.

Growth was:

Frankston 1,728
Mornington Peninsula 1,810
Total 3,538

For Casey/Cardinia it was:

Casey 6,844
Cardinia 2,194
Total 9,038

I’m not sure what you classify growth as, but there’s not much around Frankston.

Although Archie referred to the “bayside growth corridorâ€

GrumpyOne

casey scorp wrote: I’m not sure what you classify growth as, but there’s not much around Frankston.
Only about 14-15ks cross-country from Casey to Seaford. Not a long way as far as the outer suburbs are concerned. We will get some flow-over from Casey.

casey scorp
Club Player

grumpyone wrote:Only about 14-15ks cross-country from Casey to Seaford. Not a long way as far as the outer suburbs are concerned. We will get some flow-over from Casey.
Yes, that's quite true. But I think MFC might be playing the Casey area pretty hard.

GrumpyOne

casey scorp wrote:
grumpyone wrote:Only about 14-15ks cross-country from Casey to Seaford. Not a long way as far as the outer suburbs are concerned. We will get some flow-over from Casey.
Yes, that's quite true. But I think MFC might be playing the Casey area pretty hard.
Dunno 'bout that. Most Casey residents think hors-d'oevres are something you shovel up off the Cranny racecourse and champagne cocktails are between consenting adults only. Can't see the Melbourne set getting too much support there.

casey scorp
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:Dunno 'bout that. Most Casey residents think hors-d'oevres are something you shovel up off the Cranny racecourse and champagne cocktails are between consenting adults only. Can't see the Melbourne set getting too much support there.
In theory, and based on past preferences, I would agree with you.

However, IF Melbournbe FC gets its act together and exploits the opportunity properly then it may be able to generate a new geographical support base. That would be its intention I would think in putting a footprint on the Casey-Cardinia area.

And if it doesn't do the job properly. I think its goodbye MFC.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Hey Case...respect your feelings and thoughts on this one but how about conceding and getting behind the Seaford deal and supporting the club in it's decision...it's done now mate accept it and move on.

Playing at Harves old ground can't be a bad thing :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
yipper wrote:It is fairly exploding - huge growth area. At least equal to the Eastern suburban expansion. We are merely consolidating ourselves in one of the major growth corridors in this state.
saint patrick wrote: Couldn't agree more Yipper...the peninsula's growth especially young familys is as healthy as anywhere[Mornington,Cranbourne has literally exploded]
You can’t be serious.

The latest stats I found on the ABS website for population growth for municipalities relate to the 2006/07 year.

Growth was:

Frankston 1,728
Mornington Peninsula 1,810
Total 3,538

For Casey/Cardinia it was:

Casey 6,844
Cardinia 2,194
Total 9,038

I’m not sure what you classify growth as, but there’s not much around Frankston.

Although Archie referred to the “bayside growth corridorâ€

casey scorp
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Won't the new eastlink impact on this though...it certainly has done so for the eastern suburbs?
EastLink is great for providing accessibility. So for businesses which need to be able to get goods out to their markets or to attract customers it is an absolute boon.

However, as many of the Belvedere Park defenders have pointed out on here, it's only a training venue (and so doesn't attract much in the way of crowds.

The importance of having the club in an area is the local presence, and the players being involved in the community. That is where the benefit for the club will come from, as the local community embraces the club.

EastLink won't have any effect on that.