Incident at hotel thread removed..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne

SENsaintsational wrote:
The Saintsational Man wrote:Who'd a thunk it.

A St Kilda supporter saying it's probably not such a great idea to come running here and post on incidents involving our players.

100% that post should've been removed, as should all that have no media reports to back them up.
Nothing would ever get posted on here if that was the case.

And that's assuming also that all 'media reports' are correct.

8-)
Solution: Report freely but delete at the clubs request.

Best of both worlds.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:When was the last time something that came from the club in any way, shape or form turned out to be true and honest?
I guess they believe it will give us a competitive edge.

But not at the expense of alienating your supporter base. It's the same argument as the open training session thing, except that only affects ~50 people a week.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
The Saintsational Man wrote:Who'd a thunk it.

A St Kilda supporter saying it's probably not such a great idea to come running here and post on incidents involving our players.

100% that post should've been removed, as should all that have no media reports to back them up.
Nothing would ever get posted on here if that was the case.

And that's assuming also that all 'media reports' are correct.

8-)
Solution: Report freely but delete at the clubs request.

Best of both worlds.
Delete potentially libellous comments at the club's request, absolutely. Should be done anyway, club or no club.

But leave the discussion that eventuated. Remove the names to protect the....well, you know the rest.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

Beekay wrote:Would it be taken down if it was a player from another club?

Sainsational. Or as I like to call it... China.
Normally these events are made public by the media pretty quickly. It was 24 hours after an alleged incident before it was mentioned here & there has been no media reports.
Good decision saint66au.

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Club lackey :wink:

Nah good call.

Storm in a teacup and looks more and more like a campaign against a player by some disgruntled nuffy.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Beekay
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:
Beekay wrote:Would it be taken down if it was a player from another club?

Sainsational. Or as I like to call it... China.
Comrade.. :roll:

If there were legal ramifications, yes...Ive already taken one post down in the last week because of that

Otherwise? Well, go back and read what I wrote..especally the bit AT THE REQUEST OF THE CLUB...I'm yet to recieve calls from any of the other 15 Clubs asking for threads to be removed..will worry about that one in the very unlikely event it happens

Last time I looked this place was called SAINTsational...not "all16Clubs-Sational" ..let the other 15 Clubs sort out their own dirty laundry eh?

Thanks for your enquiry... now get back to work before your family goes missing mysteriously

Emporor Saint66au

Top work mate.

I'm right behind you guys.

Keep up the good work. :D :D :D

Richter
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote: Solution: Report freely but delete at the clubs request.

Best of both worlds.
Yep. Agree. Gotta love the SS scoop.

Just goes to show you need to check this website daily..... (if not hourly!)..... for the latest Saints news/rumour/gossip......

:D

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I fully support the decision taken by saint66au to remove these threads !!

saintDal
Club Player

I don't suppose someone could PM me what this is all about?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It was obviously asked to be taken down because it is true.....if not it would not have worried/interested the club.........if so it is in the publics interest (particularly the supporters)

Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing, I will perhaps find a FORUM (look up the meaning) that allows it...

Kissing the clubs arse is not a way to win respect...

chook23
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:It was obviously asked to be taken down because it is true.....if not it would not have worried/interested the club.........if so it is in the publics interest (particularly the supporters)

Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing, I will perhaps find a FORUM (look up the meaning) that allows it...

I think you will find st.mart that elsewhere in the thread that the OP yesterday was a version different to that as stated by st.66 via club....

but obviously the player concerned was there.....

saint4life
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

This is a Saints forum... why would we want to undermine the club we all support?

Good decision

Snakeman66
Club Player

chook23 wrote:
BigMart wrote:It was obviously asked to be taken down because it is true.....if not it would not have worried/interested the club.........if so it is in the publics interest (particularly the supporters)

I think you will find st.mart that elsewhere in the thread that the OP yesterday was a version different to that as stated by st.66 via club....

but obviously the player concerned was there.....
The poster seemed to have a fixation with a high percentage of posts on this particular player. Good call to remove.
Last edited by Snakeman66 on Mon 29 Sep 2008 8:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
steph
Club Player

saintDal wrote:I don't suppose someone could PM me what this is all about?

and me too??

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

if the pub thing was true wouldnt have it been on the news and in the papers and on the afl site.
:roll:

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Couldn't care either way, just hope it remains consistent. If player plays up and gets in trouble and the forum knows before the club, no matter what, I would expect it to be taken down pronto. The club, though we love it, doesn't run this forum, and though neither do I, do you really want BigFooty getting their hands on the dirty laundry first.

If we're gonna protect our own in such fashion, do it on a regular basis. Especially if we get Benny.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

oh here we go...
ok keeping in mind that we are not 100% sure it is true, and the censorship only adds to the speculation.
But I am totally amused at the hypocrisy going on here,
how many posters rip into players wearing the red white and black, with far more vitriol. Calling a player a hack when he is busting a gut for us on the field or worse questioning his masculinity, is accepted here without an eye blink. :oops:

Seeya
AlpineStars
Club Player

I think the Eagles swept things under the carpet for a long time. Hope we don't make that mistake.

Wake me up when September ends.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

"We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still". ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Free Speech - lol.

Always laugh when somebody in Australia talks about freedom of speech like it is constitutional.

Heres a hint. We are NOT the US of A. We do not have a constitutional right to free speech.

Stop watching so much Yank TV and actually learn something about your own country :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:Free Speech - lol.

Always laugh when somebody in Australia talks about freedom of speech like it is constitutional.

Heres a hint. We are NOT the US of A. We do not have a constitutional right to free speech.

Stop watching so much Yank TV and actually learn something about your own country :roll:
Joffaboy is right. According to our constitution, Australians do not have the right to freedom of speech. Americans do. It was an Amendment to the United States Constitution (the first Amendment of 10 that are more commonly known as 'The Bill of Rights').

Check out this link in regards to the Australian Constitution:

http://www.aph.gov.au/LIBRARY/Pubs/RN/2 ... 02rn42.htm

The Australian Constitution does not have any express provision relating to freedom of speech. In theory, therefore, the Commonwealth Parliament may restrict or censor speech through censorship legislation or other laws, as long as they are otherwise within constitutional power. The Constitution consists mainly of provisions relating to the structure of the Commonwealth Parliament, executive government and the federal judicial system.(6) There is no list of personal rights or freedoms which may be enforced in the courts. There are however some provisions relating to personal rights such as the right to trial by jury (section 80), and the right to freedom of religion (section 116).

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

But we are young and free.

markp
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:

But we are young and free.
And girt by sea... brings a tear to the eye.

My problem with all this is how the Club treats the lowly mushroom supporters.... there was surely no actionable claims made, we all knew it was a shyte stir, and the claims are still up on BF... rather than come and indicate what's really going on they merely say it's "in hand", and ask for the thread(s) to be deleted.... thus giving more credence to the claims than they probably warranted, and treating us like they do when it comes to injuries and the like -schmucks (when everyone who matters knows the truth anyway).... A. Hamill, L. Ball - 2 weeks (all in hand folks).

Then they play the loyalty card and wonder why we're not all on the same page over this... gotta totally agree with Rodge here, what freakin page?! How's Luke Ball? Really fooled the Hawks and the Pies (and the helicopters) there eh?

They should quit with the smoke and mirrors (lies), it's embarrassing, it's a waste of time... and it's our Club.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So we do not have the freedom to protest, strike, or give opinions in a public FORUM.....so we cannot vote freely, we cannot write into newspapers, give editorials, read what we want, and have a say on the way the country is governed..

Did not know we were living in Zimbabwe, or in a communist country....thanks for the heads up plugger, I will be very guarded with what i say from now on.....

actually

I am sure Plugger, I have rights and freedom (within the law) to live how I want, say what I will,

All this was, was simply bowing down to the club...because it hit a nerve.....the fans need to shake this joint up, and not accept the mediocre administration it has to try and support...

Mistakes include
Sackings of Coaches on a whim (rightly or wrongly) often for personal grudges or player revolts, Blight, Alves, Thomas....the list goes on

Poor financial decisions....the last decision about relocation is a disgrace....a hurried decision initially that fell over....so we panicked..

Years of neglect to the footy dept....and facilities....we were the most unprofessional club in the AFL....

Lack of foresight.....all decisions are to 'save our skin' type decisions, with no long term view.....keep them happy...give them their tartare sauce

markp
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Mistakes include
Sackings of Coaches on a whim (rightly or wrongly) often for personal grudges or player revolts, Blight, Alves, Thomas....the list goes on

Poor financial decisions....the last decision about relocation is a disgrace....a hurried decision initially that fell over....so we panicked..

Years of neglect to the footy dept....and facilities....we were the most unprofessional club in the AFL....

Lack of foresight.....all decisions are to 'save our skin' type decisions, with no long term view.....keep them happy...give them their tartare sauce
The Club wrote:All in hand, please delete this.