Belvedere Park drawings at saints.com.au

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

casey scorp
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:That is funny about Linton St. You obviously do not know the Kingston council. It is over and I wish it wasnt but it is finished .....
Kingston Council would no doubt be happy to work with a St KFC proposal to redevelop Linton Street. In fact the Mayor only last week said that the door was still open.

http://moorabbin-kingston-leader.wherei ... tay-mayor/

Did you miss that one?

plugger66 wrote:.... Linton St.....is over ....it is finished just like Casey is.
Just in case you never got it......Casey was never on (although I read in the local paper that the Casey Council had some preliminary discussions with St KFC). The only ones which were ever "on" were:

* Linton Street redevelopment
* Frankston Park development
* Belvedere Park development.

Each of these were proudly announced, with lots of hoolpa and plans (although by the time we limped to Belvedere, we didn't even have those snazzy perspective drawings like we got at the previous two media announcements - just preliminary site plans).

Not sure whether we're saving money by not drawing the perspective drawings for the 3rd site, or whether the announcement was rushed into before the architects had the chance to prepare/finalise the plans (maybe the announcement caught them by surprise because "we're concentrating on the finals, and aren't going to be distracted by further negotiations with Frankston Council at this time").

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:That is funny about Linton St. You obviously do not know the Kingston council. It is over and I wish it wasnt but it is finished .....
Kingston Council would no doubt be happy to work with a St KFC proposal to redevelop Linton Street. In fact the Mayor only last week said that the door was still open.

http://moorabbin-kingston-leader.wherei ... tay-mayor/

Did you miss that one?

plugger66 wrote:.... Linton St.....is over ....it is finished just like Casey is.
Just in case you never got it......Casey was never on (although I read in the local paper that the Casey Council had some preliminary discussions with St KFC). The only ones which were ever "on" were:

* Linton Street redevelopment
* Frankston Park development
* Belvedere Park development.

Each of these were proudly announced, with lots of hoolpa and plans (although by the time we limped to Belvedere, we didn't even have those snazzy perspective drawings like we got at the previous two media announcements - just preliminary site plans).

Not sure whether we're saving money by not drawing the perspective drawings for the 3rd site, or whether the announcement was rushed into before the architects had the chance to prepare/finalise the plans (maybe the announcement caught them by surprise because "we're concentrating on the finals, and aren't going to be distracted by further negotiations with Frankston Council at this time").
If you beleive what the council said about working with the Saints then you beleive in the tooth fairy and Father Xmas.

casey scorp
Club Player

If you recall the original project announced for Linton Street (lets call it Elite Training Facility #1), clearly Kingston Council was prepared to work with the Saints (and throw in $). That was in June 2006.

When we rushed into the announcement of Elite Training Facility #2 at Frankston Park in November 2007 that wasn't because Kingston Council rejected the Saints - it was because the proposed relocation of the gaming machines to South Road would not stack up financially, and the club used the Council's formal response in relation to not being fully supportive of relocation of all gaming machines as a reason to pull out of Linton Street. Egos got in the way and clouded the vision. What would have been far simpler, and time effective, would have been to leave the gaming facilities where they were and to rebuild a new training/admin complex where the old grandstand is.

Now, we're still leaving the the gaming facilities where they were and proposing to build a new training/admin complex kilometres away.

In September 2008, Kingston Council lets it be known they would welcome St KFC staying at Linton Street.

Instead of properly considering this most viable option, we rush into to the announcement of Elite Training Facility #3 at Belvedere Park.

Of course Kingston Council was happy to work with the Saints - if you believe otherwise you would, lemming-like, believe whatever the club says.

Questions for you to ponder

Aren't you even somewhat questioning of having had 3 announcements of elite training complexes in 2 years?

Doesn't it strike you that something is amiss?

Why would you just blindly accept each time that there is a new announcement that it is the best outcome for St KFC?

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

what is your agenda casey scorp?

you are rarely around unless it is regarding this topic.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
casey scorp
Club Player

fonz_#15 wrote:what is your agenda casey scorp?

you are rarely around unless it is regarding this topic.
I've posted on 292 separate topics since 12 August 2007 (when the search function was recalibrated from), and I've been here since 25 September 2005.

So I think I can say that I post on a number of different topics (although not as many as your 1,000+ topics).

I've got a few different interests involving the Saints and the Scorps (my local VFL team). One of my particular interests is in the political and administrative ins and outs of the development of our new training and admin complex. I want to see us get the best outcome, and we don't seem to be able to do that.

I'm not a subscriber to the theory that just because we're members the club should give us more respect etc. There are people elected to the Board, and they appoint administrators. They make decisions as they see it to be in the best interests of the club.

However, I also believe that we have the right to question. There are many people in the Saintsational community, and some of those people can bring some relevant understanding to discussions which occur in the forum.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

fair enough wasn't looking for an argument, just wanted to know what makes you feel so passionate about the issue. :D

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
casey scorp
Club Player

Sorry if you took my comments to think that you were being argumentative. I was just providing some context (and I'm genuinely in awe of you having posted on 1,000+ topics - maybe I just can't type fast enough).

If you have followed my posts for a few years, I was very keen to get the Saints to Casey Fields. However, that possibility is well gone. Unfortunately MFC has now taken up that option, and it will be interesting to see how they go in developing a relationship with the local community and ultimately in establishing a new membership base.

In wanting the Saints to get the best outcome, I think that the club made the wrong decision in November 2007, and that now even the very reasons it made that decision have now disappeared. That being the case, the club should review its commitment to Frankston and seriously re-engage with Kingston.

I'll keep banging that drum until a final decision is implemented (which it presently isn't).

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:Sorry if you took my comments to think that you were being argumentative. I was just providing some context (and I'm genuinely in awe of you having posted on 1,000+ topics - maybe I just can't type fast enough).

If you have followed my posts for a few years, I was very keen to get the Saints to Casey Fields. However, that possibility is well gone. Unfortunately MFC has now taken up that option, and it will be interesting to see how they go in developing a relationship with the local community and ultimately in establishing a new membership base.

In wanting the Saints to get the best outcome, I think that the club made the wrong decision in November 2007, and that now even the very reasons it made that decision have now disappeared. That being the case, the club should review its commitment to Frankston and seriously re-engage with Kingston.

I'll keep banging that drum until a final decision is implemented (which it presently isn't).
I'd be interested in what part of Melbourne you are from CS... I hail from the Frankston area and am in FULL SUPPORT of The Saints move to Belvedere.

I also wonder how many of the 'negative' posters here have ever been to the Belvedere Park complex and seen the massive potential it has for development.

Congratulations the the decision makers at St Kilda for their vision!

casey scorp
Club Player

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:I'd be interested in what part of Melbourne you are from CS... I hail from the Frankston area and am in FULL SUPPORT of The Saints move to Belvedere.
Open your eyes - Narre Warren South. It says so in my details on every post.
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:Congratulations the the decision makers at St Kilda for their vision!
They've got as much vision as you!
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:I hail from the Frankston area and am in FULL SUPPORT of The Saints move to Belvedere.
I bet you were also in FULL SUPPORT of the previously announced move to Frankston Park.

Funny though, the proposals are like chalk and cheese. But I bet you FULLY SUPPORTED both of them.
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:I also wonder how many of the 'negative' posters here have ever been to the Belvedere Park complex and seen the massive potential it has for development.
Quite a few seem to have been to Belvedere Park from comments in the the posts. Once they've been, they can see the problems.

But I'd also ask, how many of the lemmings have been there as well.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:I'd be interested in what part of Melbourne you are from CS... I hail from the Frankston area and am in FULL SUPPORT of The Saints move to Belvedere.
Open your eyes - Narre Warren South. It says so in my details on every post.
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:Congratulations the the decision makers at St Kilda for their vision!
They've got as much vision as you!
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:I hail from the Frankston area and am in FULL SUPPORT of The Saints move to Belvedere.
I bet you were also in FULL SUPPORT of the previously announced move to Frankston Park.

Funny though, the proposals are like chalk and cheese. But I bet you FULLY SUPPORTED both of them.
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:I also wonder how many of the 'negative' posters here have ever been to the Belvedere Park complex and seen the massive potential it has for development.
Quite a few seem to have been to Belvedere Park from comments in the the posts. Once they've been, they can see the problems.

But I'd also ask, how many of the lemmings have been there as well.
OK... I'll have one more thing to say on this subject. ANY decision of the St Kilda board has my FULL support. As a member I put them there!

If you dont agree with their decisions, and you are a member, go to the AGM and voice your concerns directly to them. If you're not a member I suggest you put up and shut up!!