Why have we never been successful

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mordi
Club Player

Good point RogerFox.

However I think we need to consider that making 3 of past 5 Prelim Finals is very succesful in a 16 team comp ( and soon to be 18!). The old idea of "its Premiership or nothing" under values what we have done. Yes we are currently succesful, and no we havent won GF since "66, the two statements are both true.

At least its not the EPL, where success is mid-tier , except for the rich and famous!

What's the Point of it All?
Legendary
Club Player

Fkn well said rodgerfox.

spert
Saintsational Legend

The team ethic got lost for a long while at St.Kilda, and we kept looking at individuals to give us success. We will only get our next flag by building a TEAM and this means grooming young talent and creating a core group who can mature into a strong team capable of winning a premiership. We need a strong membership push and I think the club has lagged badly this year from the area..we need to get in people faces and make the sale of memberships much higher profile. I fear the move of training facilities to Seaford will sap a lot of long-term Saints enthusiasm for the club, and I know many have dropped off going to games or even watching the Saints on TV. The board needs to get this club up and out there.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

WayneJudson42 wrote:
brown-coat wrote:We had the 2004 premiership in our hands until the crowd ran on the field and disrupted our amazing burst of play.

Then a deliberate out of bounds was not payed against Chad Cornes in the final minutes in our forwardline.

..in our hands.
Did we? As I recall, we didn't even make the Grand Final. :roll:
Thank you inspector sherlock morse colombo. I honestly never knew we didn't make the grand final. Thank you for that enlightening comment.

We lost to a team in the prelim by a very narrow margin...who went on to beat an aging brisbane team.

Sorry for having confidence in the 2004 team to go on and beat brisbane in the grand final after taking down port.

bob__71
Club Player

brown-coat wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
brown-coat wrote:We had the 2004 premiership in our hands until the crowd ran on the field and disrupted our amazing burst of play.

Then a deliberate out of bounds was not payed against Chad Cornes in the final minutes in our forwardline.

..in our hands.
Did we? As I recall, we didn't even make the Grand Final. :roll:
Thank you inspector sherlock morse colombo. I honestly never knew we didn't make the grand final. Thank you for that enlightening comment.

We lost to a team in the prelim by a very narrow margin...who went on to beat an aging brisbane team.

Sorry for having confidence in the 2004 team to go on and beat brisbane in the grand final after taking down port.
They didnt do that either.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Hypothethically...taking down port. I thought any half-wit would have understood it was a hypothetical comment in the context of the post.

bob_71 you have made me lose faith in the future of humanity.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote: They may have won but my mum lost a brother and I never met an uncle. Just shut up you idiot.
lol - my father was badly wounded in New Guinea.

You brought it up and then get all precious. :roll:

What a complete fool you are.

Really one of the lowest intelligence halfwits ever to grace us with their blatherings.
Read some threads fool. Ledgendary brought it up moron but I suppose if you have no idea then you have no idea.
You used the analogy you dcikhead :roll:

Oh thats right only you can use the anology but if someone else show you up for the gargantuan moron halfwit you are you get all precious. :roll:

Fair dinkum you are a disgrace. I didn't mention your uncle. I would sully any diggers memory. You used your family on the internet to try and score points, not knowing anybody elses family history.

I find that a disgrace and I would be ashamed to use my family insuch a way, but to each their own I guess.

Everyone has a history in their family. My father my uncles, both my brothers in wars.

You can stick you high and mighty hypocritical attitude up your arse, you precious princess :roll:

F*** I feel dirty talking to someone as challenge intellectually as you.

just piss off and dont respond to my posts in future you stupid troll.

just piss off.
You win. First prize is the most stupid person here. Well done moron. Luckily for you the rules dont say brain dead people cannot post otherwise you wouldnt be able to write more crap. the thread is fair enough if you dont like dont read anymore threads I start. To hard for you I will give you an email site. www.uoflittlebrains.com.. Now get your other internet friends to abuse me instead of answering a resonable thread. Bye and like you said I will not hear from you again.
at times like this i think of rodney king

"we cant we all just get along" :lol:

GrumpyOne

Con Gorozidis wrote:
"why cant we all just get along" :lol:
Its called the Off-Season Con.

Everyone tells everyone else to F*** off.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Its called the Off-Season Con.

What we need is to come up with an on line way to participate in a big group hug :D :D :D

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Its called the "Off-Season Con".

Sounds like something out of Oceans Eleven/Twelve

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Perfectly summed up Rodge... a most peculiar breed is the self-loathing St Kilda supporter.
Love the club as much as you do and will back myself that I may even love it more but some people take posts so personnally they cannot even see what we are getting at. I want success but from the sounds of it more than some here who will use any excuse they can think of . Alright the AFL has gone for 20 years. Still havent won a flag. Won one flag in the 90 years before that but there are excuses for that apperently. Sorry if I want us to win one and some others keep using excuses but thats ok. At least we barrack for the Saints.

JeffDunne

plugger66 wrote:I want success but from the sounds of it more than some here . . .
Fair dinkum.

You're a loser in every sense of the word.

Pathetic.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I want success but from the sounds of it more than some here . . .
Fair dinkum.

You're a loser in every sense of the word.

Pathetic.
Good come back. Very intellegent. You of no knowledge take posts personnally. But what can you expect from someone like you. Name something wrong with wanting to find out why we havent been successful.