Belvedere Park drawings at saints.com.au

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

Belvedere Park drawings at saints.com.au

Was just looking at Archie's responses to this week's "Ask Archie" on Saint Central and he said the Club had just loaded a drawing of Belvedere Park on to the website. It's here for anyone that has not seen it yet:

http://www.saints.com.au/Frankston/tabi ... fault.aspx

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

thanks been waiting for these

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

wish it was a more detailed one thou, like what archie had at the news conference.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why the VFL Oval????

who is going to play VFL there????
Frankston?

chook23
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Why the VFL Oval????

Frankston?
Is it for Southern league

saint4life
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Are they planning a media missile defence system?

Anytime a chopper or reporter is peeking they get hit with a rubber missile!!!

:lol:

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

An even million for the AFL oval????

Obviously individually hand planted grass seeds at with exactly 5mm gaps.

And please tell me the postal address is going to be East Road, not Te-tree crescent???

Can just imagine Hutchy now....

"reports coming from Te-Tree Crescent tonight that the Saints have....." etc

casey scorp
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:wish it was a more detailed one thou, like what archie had at the news conference.
It's the same as the one Archie had at the news conference (see home page of saintscentral which shows Archie and others and a copy of this plan):

http://www.saintscentral.com.au/
BigMart wrote:Why the VFL Oval????

Frankston?
The AFL Oval is full size (ie MCG dimensions), but the “VFL Ovalâ€

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Google image HERE :P

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Exclusive interview on belvedere park here

(hooray for not bigpond video)

casey scorp
Club Player

Otiman wrote:Exclusive interview on belvedere park here

Not too exclusive on youtube. Also on saintscentral:

http://www.saintscentral.com.au/Detail.aspx?id=556

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
Otiman wrote:Exclusive interview on belvedere park here

Not too exclusive on youtube. Also on saintscentral:

http://www.saintscentral.com.au/Detail.aspx?id=556
Apparently also on the Casey council website.

casey scorp
Club Player

Wrong again plugger66.

In fact not even on the Frankston Council website.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:Wrong again plugger66.

Sorry thought it was in the section called thank god we are out of there area.

casey scorp
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Don't worry - you will soon enough wish that you were.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Don't worry - you will soon enough wish that you were.
Thats the thing I will not care. They will train there. They could train on the moon if it suited the players. I think you need to get your head around the fact that we are not playing there so does it matter if you cannot get to the ground or it is in the middle of nowhere as Casey is.

casey scorp
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Thats the thing I will not care. They will train there. They could train on the moon if it suited the players. I think you need to get your head around the fact that we are not playing there so does it matter if you cannot get to the ground or it is in the middle of nowhere as Casey is.
Interesting comment that one:

"...we are not playing there so does it matter if (you cannot get to the ground or) it is in (the middle of nowhere as) Casey (is)."

I agree with you, so the decision should have been made on a number of other, relevant, factors.

However, the decision was made on the basis of getting an asset and proximity to cafes and a view of the sea. All now down the drain of course, and not part of the deal at Belvedere Park in Seaford.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Thats the thing I will not care. They will train there. They could train on the moon if it suited the players. I think you need to get your head around the fact that we are not playing there so does it matter if you cannot get to the ground or it is in the middle of nowhere as Casey is.
Interesting comment that one:

"...we are not playing there so does it matter if (you cannot get to the ground or) it is in (the middle of nowhere as) Casey (is)."

I agree with you, so the decision should have been made on a number of other, relevant, factors.

However, the decision was made on the basis of getting an asset and proximity to cafes and a view of the sea. All now down the drain of course, and not part of the deal at Belvedere Park in Seaford.
Do you have a canteen at work. It is a 10 minute drive to Frankston but there are closer shops.

By the way what do want to happen know that we are committed to this site?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

C'mon Tassie, looking good.

Google shot looks good, shows one oval and a rectangle that are miraculously going to be transformed into an "elite training facility", three ovals and an admin centre.

Me thinks the club has farked up again.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Why are you so convince the saints are going to Tassie??

They are spending 11 million in seaford so they can move to Tassie?

Also why can't they change a shape of a oval I am pretty sure the technology exists today for them to do that, they call it a shovel. And also theres this new thing thats let people build a new building on a site where no building currently exists it's called concrete.

casey scorp
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Do you have a canteen at work. It is a 10 minute drive to Frankston but there are closer shops.
Not one that serves lattes.

Yep, there's some fine cafes just around the corner from Belevedere Park.
plugger66 wrote:By the way what do want to happen know that we are committed to this site?
As you say we are committed to Belvedere Park. In the last couple of years we have also been just as (if not more) committed to Linton Street and Frankston Park. We are getting a reputation of rushing in like firemen and not doing due diligence.

Frankston Park was never going to work. While the lemmings all cheered, anyone with any sense could see the pitfalls. The outcome was inevitable - it was just a matter of time.

Belvedere Park, I'm sorry to tell you, also has some problems.

Funding may well become an issue when the Frankston Council's $3 million contribution is clarified as really being $4 million. That's when there might just be a public reaction to the misleading claim that the Council is maintaining its position of contributing only $3 million.

Plus there is the planning process which might throw up some objections to the development of an AFL training & admin complex in a residential street (and before you say that Linton Street is a residential street, which it is in part, the fact is that the residents close to Belvedere Park aren't that fussed about who lives in Linton Street).

Just a couple of issues, in the leadup to a Council election.

In response to your question, which is a bit nonsensical if it is premised on the development definitely occurring at Belvedere Park so I'll respond on the basis that you're asking what I think should happen. I think we should redevelope at Linton Street. We control the ground, don't have to share it with anyone, a fantastic oval already exists, costs can be minimised because of an additional grant available from the State Govt

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote: costs can be minimised because of an additional grant available from the State Govt

Where is that going to come from?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Do you have a canteen at work. It is a 10 minute drive to Frankston but there are closer shops.
Not one that serves lattes.

Yep, there's some fine cafes just around the corner from Belevedere Park.
plugger66 wrote:By the way what do want to happen know that we are committed to this site?
As you say we are committed to Belvedere Park. In the last couple of years we have also been just as (if not more) committed to Linton Street and Frankston Park. We are getting a reputation of rushing in like firemen and not doing due diligence.

Frankston Park was never going to work. While the lemmings all cheered, anyone with any sense could see the pitfalls. The outcome was inevitable - it was just a matter of time.

Belvedere Park, I'm sorry to tell you, also has some problems.

Funding may well become an issue when the Frankston Council's $3 million contribution is clarified as really being $4 million. That's when there might just be a public reaction to the misleading claim that the Council is maintaining its position of contributing only $3 million.

Plus there is the planning process which might throw up some objections to the development of an AFL training & admin complex in a residential street (and before you say that Linton Street is a residential street, which it is in part, the fact is that the residents close to Belvedere Park aren't that fussed about who lives in Linton Street).

Just a couple of issues, in the leadup to a Council election.

In response to your question, which is a bit nonsensical if it is premised on the development definitely occurring at Belvedere Park so I'll respond on the basis that you're asking what I think should happen. I think we should redevelope at Linton Street. We control the ground, don't have to share it with anyone, a fantastic oval already exists, costs can be minimised because of an additional grant available from the State Govt
That is funny about Linton St. You obviously do not know the Kingston council. It is over and I wish it wasnt but it is finished just like Casey is. Lets jump on board the other ground and make it work. Last time we changed training loctions we won a flag a year later. Jump on board for the ride of your life.

casey scorp
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:C'mon Tassie, looking good.

Google shot looks good, shows one oval and a rectangle that are miraculously going to be transformed into an "elite training facility", three ovals and an admin centre.

Me thinks the club has farked up again.
Don't be impressed with the 3 other ovals shown on the plan. Apart from the St Kilda oval, the largest is too narrow to be an elite ground and the 2 small ovals are too small for a junior football club (standard junior ovals are 135 x 110 - these two are 105 x 85). They might be ok for Auskick clinics, or really young underage teams (and if you look at the demographics of the area, I'd be surprised if in fact the population of the Seaford area isn't ageing).

Your conclusion will be on the money.

casey scorp
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:
casey scorp wrote: costs can be minimised because of an additional grant available from the State Govt

Where is that going to come from?
State Govt announced a $500,000 grant a few months ago specifically for demolition of the Linton Street grandstands. Totally separate to any other funding.