trade week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

henno
Club Player

trade week

in all honesty, who do u think we will pick up?

i think mayb leigh fisher off to sydney for pick 50-60?

and also andrew lovett for 40 sumthing??

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Re: trade week

henno wrote:in all honesty, who do u think we will pick up?

i think mayb leigh fisher off to sydney for pick 50-60?

and also andrew lovett for 40 sumthing??
lovett is signed to essendon for 2 more years

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Can still be traded

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Trade week runs from October 6-10, 2008. Please note, no trades are official until paperwork has been accepted by the AFL and formally recognised after 2pm on Friday, October 10.

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Trade week runs from October 6-10, 2008. Please note, no trades are official until paperwork has been accepted by the AFL and formally recognised after 2pm on Friday, October 10.
Thank you for that. i was wondering myself will be interesting trade week always is. :)

groupie1
Club Player

Lovett would be good; Boyle or Rusling would be good; Didak would be good; Kerr or Cousins would be good - of course, we'd have to give Kozi up

Kozi to WC
Kerr to Saints
L Fish, McG to SYD for a pick
Couple picks and Fiora to Essendon for Lovett
Maguire and a pick to Collingwood for Rusling

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

groupie1 wrote:Lovett would be good; Boyle or Rusling would be good; Didak would be good; Kerr or Cousins would be good - of course, we'd have to give Kozi up

Kozi to WC
Kerr to Saints
L Fish, McG to SYD for a pick
Couple picks and Fiora to Essendon for Lovett
Maguire and a pick to Collingwood for Rusling
Just FYI, The Rus will be staying. As much as I admire and respect Maguire he would have little trade value given his horrific injuries and battle to overcome same. Let's hope he does.

sax
Club Player

I'd love to see this

Fiora & 5th Rd to Essendon for Lovett
L. Fisher & Rix to Sydney for 3rd Rd
3rd Rd to Hawthorn for Boyle
3rd Rd to North for Corey Jones
Leaves us 1st, 2nd & 4th Rd Picks

PSD- Cousins

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

sax wrote:I'd love to see this

Fiora & 5th Rd to Essendon for Lovett
L. Fisher & Rix to Sydney for 3rd Rd
3rd Rd to Hawthorn for Boyle
3rd Rd to North for Corey Jones
Leaves us 1st, 2nd & 4th Rd Picks

PSD- Cousins
As if any AFL team would even consider Fiora and Rix.

sainters man
Club Player

i think this trade week we might lose a couple of players we really like!
Ross Lyon and also Archie Fraser both have said hard decisions have to be made on the list, so could be interesting!

JeffDunne

ralphysaints35 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:Trade week runs from October 6-10, 2008. Please note, no trades are official until paperwork has been accepted by the AFL and formally recognised after 2pm on Friday, October 10.
Thank you for that. i was wondering myself will be interesting trade week always is. :)
It is? :?

Personally I find it to be one of the most annoying weeks in football. AFL clubs are terrible at trading. Most of them are scared sh!tless of making a decision that will come back to bite them.

Hopefully this year with out of contract players being able to nominate for the national draft we'll see more clubs forced to trade rather than being able to hold a gun against their head.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Lets get serious here... Success does not come through trading, as shown by the 2 Grand Finalists this year... Both have only 2 or 3 players, AT MOST, that have come from other clubs and have been recylced...

Mark Thompson was correct a few weeks ago when he mused that we seem to have alot of players from other clubs, and haven't bred our own..

Personally, the only players worth trading are the outer fringe, for possibly another fringe player who may be a better fit... If we can get L. Fisher over the line for Lovett, take it, but in now way would I trade Dal, Kosi, Joey or any of our starting 18 for bits and pieces players or even draft picks...

Give Dal to the bombers for pick 5 (or whatever they have) and end up with a Jarred Oakliegh Nicholls type??!!... It is a lottery stacked against us, at best....

Trade a fringe player, fine, but draft kids with the picks we've got, and STAY AWAY from players who cant crack their senior team elsewhere... Makes no sense that they should be good enough for us...

*If we get Tim Boyle, I'll 'spew my guts' (to quote Terry Wallace)...

Saints94
SS Life Member

Sobraz wrote:Lets get serious here... Success does not come through trading, as shown by the 2 Grand Finalists this year... Both have only 2 or 3 players, AT MOST, that have come from other clubs and have been recylced...

Mark Thompson was correct a few weeks ago when he mused that we seem to have alot of players from other clubs, and haven't bred our own..

Personally, the only players worth trading are the outer fringe, for possibly another fringe player who may be a better fit... If we can get L. Fisher over the line for Lovett, take it, but in now way would I trade Dal, Kosi, Joey or any of our starting 18 for bits and pieces players or even draft picks...

Give Dal to the bombers for pick 5 (or whatever they have) and end up with a Jarred Oakliegh Nicholls type??!!... It is a lottery stacked against us, at best....

Trade a fringe player, fine, but draft kids with the picks we've got, and STAY AWAY from players who cant crack their senior team elsewhere... Makes no sense that they should be good enough for us...

Jarred Oakley Nichols is a nobody he can't even string a season with the tigers

Sobraz
SS Life Member

homework wrote:
Sobraz wrote:Lets get serious here... Success does not come through trading, as shown by the 2 Grand Finalists this year... Both have only 2 or 3 players, AT MOST, that have come from other clubs and have been recylced...

What number was he drafted???... That is my point....

Saints94
SS Life Member

Sobraz wrote:
homework wrote:

What number was he drafted???... That is my point....
He was pick 8 back in the 2005 draft