I love Ben Cousins

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Griggsy
SS Life Member

with collingwood getting rid of holland will they go for cuz? hope not.

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Griggsy wrote:with collingwood getting rid of holland will they go for cuz? hope not.
Holland going certainly will have no influence on whether we go for him or not. Cap space isn't an issue either.

Need to dot a few I's and cross a few T's first. :wink:

Pilgram
Club Player

let's make no mistake however, melbourne have first crack at cousins.

EDIT: if they can afford him

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Pilgram wrote:let's make no mistake however, melbourne have first crack at cousins.

Cousins wouldnt be a player Melbourne would be interested in. It will be a club that thinks its close to a flag which means probably only 2-3 clubs interested.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Pilgram wrote:let's make no mistake however, melbourne have first crack at cousins.

Cousins wouldnt be a player Melbourne would be interested in. It will be a club that thinks its close to a flag which means probably only 2-3 clubs interested.
Carlton
Collingwood
& saints would be i think

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

He would a be 2 year propsition at best, possibly only one year! Really worth it? I dunno.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:Great player yes, but not sure that he's got to much class. And love, doubt I would ever feel that.
Not even if he was wearing hubbies Robert Harvey Mask???? :wink: :wink: :wink:

timtam
Club Player

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
I don't believe Collingwood are anywhere near a flag in the next 2-3 years at least. Sure they will make the finals, but they won't make the Grand Final. We are a better chance and with the addition of Cousins alongside players such as Ball, Hayes, NDS, etc, the sky is the limit!
A better chance based on what TimTam? Youth? Young players coming through? Therein lays your problem. Sorry to rain on your parade timtam but u r saying 2-3 years time....I would say the Collingwood list would have more upside would it not?

Shrewd drafting, trading and intelligent list management is the key.

Over to you....
Better chance based on what you ask......

Well, unlike quite a few posters who seem to feel that we are headed for doom and gloom, I, on the other hand, am quite confident that we are heading in the right direction.......UP!

Considering most people think our side has absolutely no talented youth and all the rest are slow talentless hacks (with the exception of Roo and even he seems to come under attack after 1 bad game), I am even more impressed at our top 4 finish this year. Make NO MISTAKE, we did not fall into fourth, we earned it! If a couple of other clubs happened to stumble, well wouldn't that have to do with THEIR lack of talent or finishing ability...?? No of course not, it is all the fault of our talentless players. Hell, they get blamed for everything else, why not blame them for Collingwood, Adelaide and North not being able to finish off their season and cement fourth place!

If you cannot see the direction this club is headed in, maybe you are supporting the wrong club! The opposition supporter forum is waiting for you!

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Shrewd drafting, trading and intelligent list management is the key.
Really? How's that working for them this year? 2 banned for off field indiscretions due to complete incompetence by coach and President who blatantly ignored the wishes of the playing group (who wanted them sanctioned before the lies came out but their opinions were completely diresgarded), numerous injuries (obvious issue with fitness and training staff) and the list goes on............

Do you need me to clarify anything else for you?

Don't argue with an idiot - people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

timtam wrote:
I don't believe Collingwood are anywhere near a flag in the next 2-3 years at least. Sure they will make the finals, but they won't make the Grand Final. We are a better chance and with the addition of Cousins alongside players such as Ball, Hayes, NDS, etc, the sky is the limit!
A better chance based on what TimTam? Youth? Young players coming through? Therein lays your problem. Sorry to rain on your parade timtam but u r saying 2-3 years time....I would say the Collingwood list would have more upside would it not?

Over to you....

Well, unlike most posters who seem to feel that we are headed for doom and gloom, I, on the other am quite confident of that we are heading in the right direction.......UP!

Considering most people think our side has absolutely no talented youth and the all the rest are slow talentless hacks (with the exception of Roo and even he seems to come under attack after 1 bad game), I am even more impressed at our top 4 finish this year. Make NO MISTAKE, we did not fall into fourth, we earned it. If a couple of other clubs happened to stumble, well wouldn't that have to do with THEIR lack of talent or finishing ability...?? No of course not, it is all the fault of our talentless players. Hell, they get blamed for everything else, why not blame them for Collingwood, Adelaide and North not being able to finish off their season and cement fourth place!

If you cannot see the direction this club is headed in, maybe you are supporting the wrong club! The opposition supporter forum is waiting for you!

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Shrewd drafting, trading and intelligent list management is the key.
Really? How's that working for them this year? 2 banned for off field indiscretions due to complete incompetence by coach and President who blatantly ignored the wishes of the playing group (who wanted them sanctioned before the lies came out but their opinions were completely diresgarded), numerous injuries (obvious issue with fitness and training staff) and the list goes on............

Hmm here we go......

Ok.... Rusling - Shoulder (Round 1) - nothing to do with prep.

Reid & Rocca (against Bulldogs) - nothing to do with prep - freak injuries both mid/long term injuries.

Prestigiacomo - same, foot injury, chronic - no AIS guru would have got him back any sooner.

Burns - late season calf.....accept, however an elder statesman, now retired.

Brad Dick - pre-season - PCL - hardly prep either. One to watch in '09.

In case u didn't know TimTam a lot of our injuries this year were not through bad prep. Another one, Leon Davis rolled an ankle and missed 2-3 weeks - again hardly poor injury management / prep.

And besides, what has shrewd drafting, trading and list management got to do with what Shaw and Didak did anyways??? They were penalised and now the show goes on.

Both will be at Lexus next year....and I dare say a fair season will be had.

Almost like two new recruits.

Over and out.

timtam
Club Player

timtam wrote:

Over to you....

Well, unlike most posters who seem to feel that we are headed for doom and gloom, I, on the other am quite confident of that we are heading in the right direction.......UP!

Considering most people think our side has absolutely no talented youth and the all the rest are slow talentless hacks (with the exception of Roo and even he seems to come under attack after 1 bad game), I am even more impressed at our top 4 finish this year. Make NO MISTAKE, we did not fall into fourth, we earned it. If a couple of other clubs happened to stumble, well wouldn't that have to do with THEIR lack of talent or finishing ability...?? No of course not, it is all the fault of our talentless players. Hell, they get blamed for everything else, why not blame them for Collingwood, Adelaide and North not being able to finish off their season and cement fourth place!

Hmm here we go......

Ok.... Rusling - Shoulder (Round 1) - nothing to do with prep.

Reid & Rocca (against Bulldogs) - nothing to do with prep - freak injuries both mid/long term injuries.

Prestigiacomo - same, foot injury, chronic - no AIS guru would have got him back any sooner.

Burns - late season calf.....accept, however an elder statesman, now retired.

Brad Dick - pre-season - PCL - hardly prep either. One to watch in '09.

In case u didn't know TimTam a lot of our injuries this year were not through bad prep. Another one, Leon Davis rolled an ankle and missed 2-3 weeks - again hardly poor injury management / prep.

And besides, what has shrewd drafting, trading and list management got to do with what Shaw and Didak did anyways??? They were penalised and now the show goes on.

Both will be at Lexus next year....and I dare say a fair season will be had.

Almost like two new recruits.

Over and out.
Ahhhh......now I understand, a Collingwood supporter! Injuries are no excuse for lack of performance, that is what was preached to the St Kilda faithful by opposition supporters, media and the like when we missed 2 chances at a flag and bombed out of the finals in '06. I do realise that the same rules don't apply to Collingwood, but just thought I might point that out for you. :P

In regards to Didak, didn't Collingwood say the same thing last year when he was caught out in a car with certain 'undesirables'?

Interesting that you didn't challenge my comments in my second paragraph. Was more interested in your response to that than the other malarky you posted!

Don't argue with an idiot - people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
groupie1
Club Player

i like this: what we gain on the merry-go-round, we will lose on the monkey bars..

Cousins would be good if he's cheap enough - fantastic.

And what a great idea to get him reunited with his old mate M Gardiner!

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Saints94
SS Life Member

Collingwood also delisted Sam Iles a young defender who i think we should pick up in the draft

yipper
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:his best mate is a saints player
Not to mention that his manager has strong ties to the Saints - very good mates with Andrew Plympton, Spud Frawley and a few others.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.