FRANKSTON DEAL NOT DONE YET

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

The board should all be kicked out on their arses, this is a disgrace and a fair dinkum outrage.

This decision to build in Seaford at Belvedere Park, will eventually become an achilles heel in the future when trying to lure players to our club.

The fact that the initial deal went pear shaped and the board's response to this blessing( fair dinkum can anyone not read the signs ) was to immediatle hunt around the Frankston area for any vacant lot, shows how firmly affixed the blinkers are.

As for references to Robert Harvey having played his junior football at this ground/hole, well correct me if I'm wrong here, but that is just absolute bullshyte and it wouldn't surprise me if the board fed this line to the press, for them to run with, to help in some lame attempt to sell the location to the St.Kilda members.

I played my junior football with Seaford,( played with the Eel ) and we/Seaford juniors played all our home games at the Seaford Rd Oval, not Belvedere Park.

Is this more disingenuous nonsense trotted out by the board to the press, to help lift the profile of the location?

It wouldn't surprise me.

I'm fair dinkum outraged.

Make no mistake this decision by the new board will haunt us for years.

Already just in their first year and they've managed to dish up this nonsense.

Oh but thanks for waiting for the end of the finals, before finalising the decision

:roll: :roll: :roll:

One day we're told one thing, the next day another.

We the members are treated with total disrespect.

FAIR DINKUM, this is an outrage!

Elsternwick Park for example, was never seriously entertained by the board, because they have this blinkered fixation with Frankston.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

B4E,
I heard it from Robert Harvey's own lips about playing juniors at the location. And riding his BMX behind the park. It was on the news clip with the announcement.

Can't disagree with the rest of the post though.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Honestly why does it matter where St Kilda train as long as it is the best possible facilities? The majority of supporters don't care players don't miind travelling to Waverly and the price is right and just can't see players caring that much about a little travel<--------- Any where you want to go Barks would cost a hell of a lot more.

GrumpyOne

I hear you B4, but our admin have successfully blown all our alternatives.

Belvedere will be our home for 30 - 40 years, like Moorabbin was, and by that time I'll be too bloody old and senile to care where we go from there.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:B4E,
I heard it from Robert Harvey's own lips about playing juniors at the location. And riding his BMX behind the park. It was on the news clip with the announcement.

Can't disagree with the rest of the post though.
Yeah, I played a couple of games there also, BUT Seaford Junior football club used to play home games at Seaford Rd.

I could also say that I played junior football at Belvedere Park, even though it was only a couple of games, one game mind you was a 40 possession domination from CHF, but I digress........

The point is, unless something changed in the years in between, Seaford junior football club played their home games at the Seaford rd Oval.

My bullshyte detectors are still on red alert!

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

But that means you are calling Robert Harvey a BS artist.

He said the words.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:But that means you are calling Robert Harvey a BS artist.

He said the words.
No it doesn't, did you read what I wrote?

I also played for Seaford juniors and played at Belvedere Park on a couple of occasions, BUT Seaford junior football clubs home ground when I was playing was at the Seaford rd oval, so unless something changed after that...........

I could say that I played junior football at Belvedere Park........re read what I wrote, I really shouldn't have to repeat myself, I hate having to do that.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: I really shouldn't have to repeat myself, I hate having to do that.
HAHA

Quote of the year IMO :lol: :lol:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:But that means you are calling Robert Harvey a BS artist.

He said the words.
No it doesn't, did you read what I wrote?

I also played for Seaford juniors and played at Belvedere Park on a couple of occasions, BUT Seaford junior football clubs home ground when I was playing was at the Seaford rd oval, so unless something changed after that...........

I could say that I played junior football at Belvedere Park........re read what I wrote, I really shouldn't have to repeat myself, I hate having to do that.
Nah I was only picking up on your BS detector comment. Doesn't worry me either way, just being a nitpicker.

casey scorp
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:So thats how they have shaved money off the project..

Isn't this a problem that has been identified by the Melbourne Football Club (seperate train and admin) as a major problem with there club?
As far as I remember admin was always staying at Moorabbin. If anyone will know it will be Sandy scorps as he will be known as next year.
You surely can't have that short a memory plugger. The admin was leaving Moorabbin - it was part of the Casey project and it was part of the Frankston project. You may have forgotten the plans published in realfooty/The Age, but there was admin at Casey Fields.

I'm surprised that you forget the situation at Frankston though.

Remember "the asset".

The asset was a block of land on which the admin facility was going to be built because Frankston Park itself was too small to accommodate admin. Admin was definitely in the "deal" (if you can call it that) at Frankston.

I'm surprised that you pretend it wasn't in the deal (with attempted camouflage of "as far as I remember").

casey scorp
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:I went and had a look at Belvedere today.....

I think Frankston Council is taking the piss and StKilda is oblivious to the fact.....

Desperation can be blinding........
I’m surprised plugger66 hasn’t bitten off your head for having had the temerity to visit the site, and then to comment adversely on it.
The club really wants to keep supporters in the dark, and pretend it's a great location. People actually looking at the site (and realising how crap it is) means questioning of the decision.

It's a decision that deserves questioning and criticism (we don't all blindly follow).

Reprise:
plugger66 wrote:Are you that obsessed you went and walked on the site. And do you sit there and watch the grass grow.
casey scorp wrote:
I find that doing some research puts you in a better position to make comments.

I visited the Frankston Park site after the announcement last November and, blow me down, it was obvious that the proposed development wouldn't work.

I visited the Belvedere Park site as well. My initial observations were that the site was:

* difficult to access (the intersection of Ti-Tree Cres and Seaford Road is left in-left out only)
* accessible only through residential streets
* isolated
* barren
* already occupied by some sports clubs.

It seems like the site is the pits, and hardly worthy of an AFL club's home.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
bobmurray wrote:I went and had a look at Belvedere today.....

I think Frankston Council is taking the piss and StKilda is oblivious to the fact.....

Desperation can be blinding........
I’m surprised plugger66 hasn’t bitten off your head for having had the temerity to visit the site, and then to comment adversely on it.
The club really wants to keep supporters in the dark, and pretend it's a great location. People actually looking at the site (and realising how crap it is) means questioning of the decision.

It's a decision that deserves questioning and criticism (we don't all blindly follow).

Reprise:
plugger66 wrote:Are you that obsessed you went and walked on the site. And do you sit there and watch the grass grow.
casey scorp wrote:
I find that doing some research puts you in a better position to make comments.

I visited the Frankston Park site after the announcement last November and, blow me down, it was obvious that the proposed development wouldn't work.

I visited the Belvedere Park site as well. My initial observations were that the site was:

* difficult to access (the intersection of Ti-Tree Cres and Seaford Road is left in-left out only)
* accessible only through residential streets
* isolated
* barren
* already occupied by some sports clubs.

It seems like the site is the pits, and hardly worthy of an AFL club's home.
Anyone got any pics of Casey Fields before they turned a sod of soil there?? Obviouasly a virtual Botanic Gardens by comparison judging by your put-down of BO

Just as well you are all Civil Engineers with skills and foresight to be able to visualise the site in 2 years time eh? Having lay-people wandering around the site and declaring it unuseable is a joke.

Look, I was pretty dissapointed by the decision to abandon Frankston Oval, but the more I read the more I think the Club is moving the right way.

Barks, if we have to drive 10mins to get a latte, we'll cope. If you cant see the yachts flitting around the bay in the background, we'll cope. Ask any architect, draftperson or desighner what they lvoe working with, and they will tell you, a blank canvas...and BO is pretty blank right now

We could (and probably will, cos the agendas in this thread are nearly as deep-seated as the bloody coaches thread) bicker about this for years...all while the Club goes nowhere and the stands at Moorabbin topple around us. So..just for the record.

!. WE AREN"T GOING TO CASEY ANY MORE, so, Caseyscorp, bleating about how brilliant it would have been is just bashing your head against a wall

2. WE ARENT GOING TO MOVE TO SANDRINGHAM OR ELSTERNWICK so Barks, put that board challenge on hold eh and use your energies for goodness instead of rottenness :-)

Sometimes, just sometimes, this rebelling agaisnt the Clubs decisions "cos its our right as Members" shytes me to tears

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintjake
Club Player

ive played on the ground,
it goes alright.
kicked 5 there one day:)

casey scorp
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:hmm Belvedere includes:

- An MCG sized oval
- Gymnasium
- Rehabilitation pool
- Meeting rooms
- Lecture theatre
- Indoor sports hall for basketball, netball and a host of other sports

No mention of administration facilities
plugger66 wrote:
Stays at moorabbin as far as I know.
Pilgram wrote:as far as i know the admin are moving to seaford aswell.
the only thing that will stay at morabbin are the pokies and the social club HQ.
Pilgram is correct - the plan is to include admin facilities in the $11 million + complex at Belvedere Park in Seaford.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Trouble in paradise with Melbourne and Casey Fields?

http://cranbourne-leader.whereilive.com ... eculation/

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Trouble in paradise with Melbourne and Casey Fields?

http://cranbourne-leader.whereilive.com ... eculation/
Blasphemy Sensaintsational.
You'll have CaseyScorp on shortly giving the official City of Casey view.

BTW, you should check out the 'spruiking' he is doing on Denonland (the Demons equivalent of Saintsational). He is singlehandedly allaying any and all fears of Demons fans (surprizingly many mirror those expressed on here about Casey Fields).
You have to give him credit for his passion in pushing the cause.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Well he was very thorough.

Now he has a foot in both camps? Saints and Demons?

Interesting.

casey scorp
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote: Blasphemy Sensaintsational.
You'll have CaseyScorp on shortly giving the official City of Casey view.
According to the article:

"MELBOURNE Football Club has rejected speculation its move to Casey Fields is in jeopardy."

That's good news for Casey Fields. It seems like it doesn't matter what the view of the Council is.
Mr Magic wrote: BTW, you should check out the 'spruiking' he is doing on Denonland (the Demons equivalent of Saintsational). He is singlehandedly allaying any and all fears of Demons fans (surprizingly many mirror those expressed on here about Casey Fields).
You have to give him credit for his passion in pushing the cause.
That's a puzzling comment - there are (almost) more passionate advocates for a Casey location than me on demonland and few detractors.

SENsaintsational wrote:Well he was very thorough.

Now he has a foot in both camps? Saints and Demons?

Interesting.
Thoroughness. Now there's a foreign concept to a few it seems!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Hey CaseScorp, I'm surprized it took you so long to respond!
Had some fires to quell over at Demonland?
They still seem a little 'jumpy' over there about the MFC having second thoughts due to the costs invooved in organizing 'player appearances'.
ALso some concern about ratepayers money being spent on MFC at teh expense of local residents.

Not to worry though. They're already in front from this projected move as you've bought a membership for them now that they're your 'second team'.

A question for you though. Next year when Casey is playing Sandringham, will you be supporting the Scorpions or the Saints players playing for Sandringham?

I must say I was a little concerned about your comment that MFC would do a better job in the Casey community than the Saints would ever have done.

saintjake
Club Player

ive played on this oval.
and it is an ok oval
but no way in hell is it good enough for an elite
sports club.
the middle is a mud pit,
or it was 2 years ago.
and i cant see where they are gonna build
DISGRACE

casey scorp
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:Hey CaseScorp, I'm surprized it took you so long to respond!
Had some fires to quell over at Demonland?
They still seem a little 'jumpy' over there about the MFC having second thoughts due to the costs invooved in organizing 'player appearances'.
ALso some concern about ratepayers money being spent on MFC at teh expense of local residents.
I've been a tad busy, but not with fires and not with demonland (although I've still managed a few posts, and you have observed).

You're right - there's a couple who seem a bit nervous about the cost of the community program, but player appearances are part of the CBA so I'd say it will work out ok in the end. And I don't think too many of them are concerned about money being spent on MFC. If money is spent on MFC it will only be as part of an arrangement that sees a considerable community program implemented. Win-win as they say.
Mr Magic wrote:Not to worry though. They're already in front from this projected move as you've bought a membership for them now that they're your 'second team'.
I well recall comments on here about helping out the Kangas or the Bulldogs by buying memberships to provide support. It's just an extension of that, but for me an advantage that MFC will have a local connection.
Mr Magic wrote:A question for you though. Next year when Casey is playing Sandringham, will you be supporting the Scorpions or the Saints players playing for Sandringham?
I'll be watching the Saints players with interest, but barracking for the Scorps to beat Sandy.
Mr Magic wrote:I must say I was a little concerned about your comment that MFC would do a better job in the Casey community than the Saints would ever have done.
I've got little doubt that the MFC will establish a community program in Casey, and that it will be far better than what St Kilda would have done, notwithstanding what appears to be a minor hiccup. Seems MFC is still committed from the newspaper article.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

CaseyScorp, I want to believe you when you say your heart is primarily with teh Saints, I truly do.

But I find it diificult when I go over to Demonland.com and find you defending/promoting the MFC move to Casey with posts like this:-

The players simply can't be allowed to influence decisions. St Kilda has suffered from it for years, and part of the reason why St Kilda passed on Casey Fields 12 months ago was because a very high profile player didn't like the idea of going to Cranbourne to train.
The club needs to make a decision, and not let the tail wag the dog.

Consultation with players regarding a long term strategic decision like this is just plain wrong. After all, the players generally have a relatively short term involvement.

Also, there's a difference between the consultation with players regarding this matter and consultation regarding the earlier start to the pre-season. That's because the earlier start to the pre-season was inconsistent with the CBA, and needed players support to get off the ground.

I must have missed this somewhere along the way.
Would you mind enlightening me on who the 'very high profile player' from teh Saints was that affected the Saints decision on whether to take up at Casey or not?

I understand your passion in promoting the Casey move but why do you feel the need to denigrate our Club to do it, especially to our opposition. We have enough problems with trolls coming on here and casting aspersions about us and our CLub without having our own posters go on opposition forums and doing a similar 'hatchet job' on us.

Maybe it's just me but I find it a bit 'off'. Especially given your constant protestations that you are a Saint first and a Casey second.

Legendary
Club Player

Depending on the way it is constructed, the Frankston Bypass will provide a significant flow of traffic - and people - right past our new training base.

For example, you will be able to get from Doncaster to Seaford in 20-25 mins.

It takes 50 mins to get to Moorabbin from Docaster.

Opens up our training base and new administration to the whole Eastern side of Melbourne, as well as the South obviously.

Ross Lyon from Templestowe will get to Seaford quicker than Nick Riewoldt from Brighton.

The Frankston Bypass improves it's location significantly IMO.

casey scorp
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:I must have missed this somewhere along the way.
Would you mind enlightening me on who the 'very high profile player' from teh Saints was that affected the Saints decision on whether to take up at Casey or not?
It wouldn't be appropriate to say, but it happens to be true. You can choose to believe it, or just dismiss it because it's not public knowledge. I don't mind either way.

My point was in the full quote you have referred to is that players should not be involved in strategic decisions of a club.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I must have missed this somewhere along the way.
It wouldn't be appropriate to say, but it happens to be true. You can choose to believe it, or just dismiss it because it's not public knowledge. I don't mind either way.

My point was in the full quote you have referred to is that players should not be involved in strategic decisions of a club.

Looks like a player from Melbourne doest want to go to Casey long term either. Cannot beleive we are still talking about Casey as we arent going there and they are now the opposition.