Kermit Brereton

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mooksy
Club Player

Kermit Brereton

I know I shouldn't give a toss about what this tool says but this has really irked me......

Heard him on radio last night speaking to Doug Hawkins. Doug was aaying every time you think the Saints are going to take the next step they fail.

Brereton says...."Dougie....I'll tell you win thing about St Kilda. They are a 1 in 130 shot at best"....referring to our sole premiership. He then giggled away like the child he is.

But then I was thinking.....this is probably exactly what the entire non St Kilda football world thinks of us. And that is very sad. We have to stop being the laughing stock.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

We have to stop getting so romantic with crap players....

To state the bleedin obvious ,you need very good,skillful players to succeed and for whatever reason we sometimes ignore that or are blinded by some other attribute....

I was in Young and Jacksons pre game and some Geelong supporter,who was going to the game with a Saints supporter said to me ,"i hope you see the Saints win a flag before you snuff it".

I'm not that old but that's an indication of what other supporters think of StKilda...

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
suss
Club Player

Unfortunately Dermie has the record to back it up. I was interested in Dipper's comments pre-game on 774 yesterday. He mentioned that 18 of the players involved in the 85 premiership loss to Essendon started training the day after the Grand Final. Now that's discipline. I wonder if Dermie was one of the 18. It just goes to show that their dominance wasn't a coincidence.

Having said that, he does have the face and hair cut of a man that's deeply troubled and clearly afraid of the prospect of growing old. I guess that's a positive... :)

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

the club is defined by losing

to me this is a fresh start...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:the club is defined by losing

For what..

more losing...

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Kermit Brereton

Its no good simply slagging-off an obvious airhead like Dermie. The fact is that the guy was an absolute champion as a player and has "walked the walk" so to speak. As a media commentator I don't rate him very highly and so try to avoid listening to him mangle the English language Example: "appearingly" ( thats "apparently" to normal folk)
The ONLY way to get respect from anyone in footy is to EARN it and we have the board and coaching staff to begin that task, we have to unite behind them and put all our differences from the past in the garbage bin where they belong!
New season! New determination: GO SAINTERS!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Dermie.....the plastic man.....

Haha

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kermit Brereton

thejiggingsaint wrote:Its no good simply slagging-off an obvious airhead like Dermie. The fact is that the guy was an absolute champion as a player and has "walked the walk" so to speak. As a media commentator I don't rate him very highly and so try to avoid listening to him mangle the English language Example: "appearingly" ( thats "apparently" to normal folk)
The ONLY way to get respect from anyone in footy is to EARN it and we have the board and coaching staff to begin that task, we have to unite behind them and put all our differences from the past in the garbage bin where they belong!
Brereton was a dud with Sydney and Collingwood.That part of his career takes precedent in my mind...

He tries to eradicate it from his and our memory but it is well and truly etched in a lot of minds...

I don't care for him personally and anything he says is as a hawk supporter so it's only relevant as long as they win....

WHAT is more relevant though is the fact that we started our rebuild way before the Hawks decided to go down that path but the reality is they have done it so much better than we have.Maybe that is why Pelchen is so highly rated.....

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:the club is defined by losing

For what..

more losing...
Hehehe

At least we're good at something :lol:

Derrmutt Sh$ts me by the way! :wink:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kermit Brereton

bobmurray wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Its no good simply slagging-off an obvious airhead like Dermie. The fact is that the guy was an absolute champion as a player and has "walked the walk" so to speak. As a media commentator I don't rate him very highly and so try to avoid listening to him mangle the English language Example: "appearingly" ( thats "apparently" to normal folk)
Brereton was a dud with Sydney and Collingwood.That part of his career takes precedent in my mind...

He tries to eradicate it from his and our memory but it is well and truly etched in a lot of minds...

I don't care for him personally and anything he says is as a hawk supporter so it's only relevant as long as they win....

WHAT is more relevant though is the fact that we started our rebuild way before the Hawks decided to go down that path but the reality is they have done it so much better than we have.Maybe that is why Pelchen is so highly rated.....

5 day 5 night premierships. Cannot really even remember him at the other clubs apart from that suspension. We win a flag and he shuts up. Until then he can say what he likes.

Art Vandelay
Club Player

Say what you will, Brereton is CORRECT. We have one one premiership in our pathetic 130 year history. We ARE a laughing stock, and efforts like Saturday nights, will not help gaining respect.

The next 10 weeks will be the most important period for the St.Kilda F.C in terms of securing its future.

Some tough decisions NEED to be made. It is obvious that we will never win a flag with the players we have. We have lost 3 prelims with the bulk of this playing group already. Time to turn over this list.

GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

5 day 5 night premierships. Cannot really even remember him at the other clubs apart from that suspension. We win a flag and he shuts up. Until then he can say what he likes.
Why are night premierships only relevant talking about knobhead? I've never heard anybody say "Harvey - 3 time night premiership player". Does it make his 5 day premierships even greater? He was a fantastic footballer, but I wish people would give up on the night premiership bit.

ThePunter
Club Player

It would have been nice if he (and Leigh Matthews) had been zoned to St Kilda, but then we looked like we were about to get our fair share of success to they changed the zones and the Hawks ended up with these two Peninsula boys and Chris Mew.

St Marcus
Club Player

I find Dermit irrelevant as a commentator with all his cliches and rubbish he goes on with. Plus his grasp of the English language is at best average. However he was great footballer and I would have loved to have had him at St Kilda.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he barrack for the Saints as a kid, if so a bit surprised he is so anti us

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Did Dougie Hawkins laugh along, or did he have the balls to point out that his club Footscray/Western Bulldogs have only won one premiership since 1925?

So that's a 1 in 83 shot accordingly to Brereton's logic. 54 years ago. The longest of any club.

Did Dougie have the gumption to point that out?

Thought not.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Dermit can say what he likes.. he has earned his bragging rights and has the medals on the wall to prove it. He comes out with dribble occasionally, but until we start winning another flag or two, we can't say much at all.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Dermot, with all his footy knowledge and all his medals, rarely beats me in the prediction stakes...with no medals and a playing career that spanned minutes, at high-school! Having said that, he go us totally summed up in regards to the Hawks game, and that really, REALLY pisses me off.

I hope it pisses off everyone at St Kilda just as much. Roll on post-Harvs Saints, we'll be back up there in '09, so hope we make the next prelim a winner before we start making Port's finals record look good!!!

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Art Vandelay wrote:Say what you will, Brereton is CORRECT. We have one one premiership in our pathetic 130 year history. We ARE a laughing stock, and efforts like Saturday nights, will not help gaining respect.

The next 10 weeks will be the most important period for the St.Kilda F.C in terms of securing its future.

Some tough decisions NEED to be made. It is obvious that we will never win a flag with the players we have. We have lost 3 prelims with the bulk of this playing group already. Time to turn over this list.
HEAR HEAR!!!!

Megamaguire
Club Player

Clarkson tactics sunk St.K.

The hawks just looked primed to out run Saint Kilda as the missed opportunities of the first Qrt. were surpassed by Saints inability to trouble the scoreboard. Were the players tired? If so the younger and faster hawks (if coached well) were likely to make the slower Saints look even slower as they ran past us the further the game unfolded. It was sobering that despite Maxie's mighty solid job on Buddy the hawks had wave after wave of keen goal kickers racing through.

I thought we looked slow (as opposed to the bullies who kicked themselves out of a closer finish).
I thought the lack of a real mobile F.F. a la Buddy or Fevebola made it harder.
The loss of Ball and apparent brain snap of Dal Santo left our midfield cupboard too bare.

Do we need a new midfielder with presence that relegates Dal Santo to our 4th. midfielder ????????????

From memory our 3 most significant and heavy defeats in '08 were against Cats;Hawks and Dogs.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a Palmer coming through? I don't think we can let our first draft pick go given the lack of picks in up-coming years.

A vital trading period looms!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Saint05
Club Player

Just dont listen to SEN when he's on it. One thing I liked about Ch 7 doing the footy atm, as you dont hear his "insightful" comments when he was at 9.

He must have a St. Kilda Voodoo doll though, I know you can hate a team but we must of done something pretty bad to him to get this kind of hatred... :?

Strength through Loyality!
Geezer
Club Player

dermaie is a straight out and out oxygen thief when it comes to "expert commentary"

just cos you were a AFL footballer doesn't make you an expert commentator.

Dermie's just shock value.
goes fishing with his comments and gets a bite every now and then.

people tune in to listen to him just to see what he has to say - however BS it is. and he loves it.
plenty of great expert commentators out there . . . .

#35 - Thanks for the Memories.
21 Great Season's
Simply Remarkable
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Hawthorn now have a player that will make the #23 more famously worn by them than him.

TAKE THAT, DERMIE! :twisted:

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Yes Dermie, I remember your cowardly act at the MCG when Danny was doing you like a dinner and you king hit him behind the play.

That was the only way you were able to beat him throughout your career.

Can't wait till you need artificial kness and hips.

Richter
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:Dermot, with all his footy knowledge and all his medals, rarely beats me in the prediction stakes...with no medals and a playing career that spanned minutes, at high-school! Having said that, he go us totally summed up in regards to the Hawks game, and that really, REALLY pisses me off.
No he didn't. I heard him on SEN on Sat mrning. Yes he got the score about right but he got the reasons for it dead wrong.

Claimed that the Hawks would smash us in the ruck and that Max would not hold Buddy to less than 3 goals.

Incorrect on both counts. Unfortunately it was everywhere else on the ground that they smashed us..... :(

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Can't wait till you need artificial kness and hips.
ahaha... he is the Michael Jackson of footy :lol: