To the fans who left early.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HarveysDeciple

To the fans who left early.....

There weren't many of you, probably only 10 from my bay. but I did see quite a few leaving other bays at the 15 minute of the final term,

but to those who did, you are a disgrace.

Fair enough be dissapointed, be disgusted even like the rest of us with an embarrassing performance yet again on the big stage by this club, but to leave early and not stay and cheer our greatest player of the ground is absolutely disgraceful.

He has given the club 21 years, some couldn't bring themselves to give him 10 minutes.

Crap effort.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

hang on a minute.......i didnt hear that
could u repeat it please as i couldnt hear u from all the way over here

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: To the fans who left early.....

HarveysDeciple wrote:There weren't many of you, probably only 10 from my bay. but I did see quite a few leaving other bays at the 15 minute of the final term,

but to those who did, you are a disgrace.

Fair enough be dissapointed, be disgusted even like the rest of us with an embarrassing performance yet again on the big stage by this club, but to leave early and not stay and cheer our greatest player of the ground is absolutely disgraceful.

He has given the club 21 years, some couldn't bring themselves to give him 10 minutes.

Crap effort.
Here Here !!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

To the fans who left early

One word: reprehensible! :twisted:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
HarveysDeciple

matrixcutter wrote:hang on a minute.......i didnt hear that
could u repeat it please as i couldnt hear u from all the way over here
huh?

JeffDunne

Is this really necessary?

Mega
Club Player

I personally didnt notice many leave early at all I thought that most of the supporters were great and the cheer Harvey got from the crowd was amazing. If it wasnt for the great man playing his last game allot of supporters wouldnt have stayed around like they did and Im glad most did.

A little less conversation a little more action please
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

it was always going to happen HD, but in saying that I would say a lot of people who would have normally left early stayed as well.

It is dissapointing, not doubting that, in fact the whole night was crap.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
matrix
Saintsational Legend

never mind :roll:

if i have to explain it then....oh F*** it never mind

the only excuse ANYONE should have had for leaving early is if they got a text message or phone call at the game saying a loved one or relative had juts passed away or been involved in an accident.
other than that if u left early......u should be god damn ashamed of yourselfs

ScubaSam44
Club Player

well, the great man has given you 21 seasons of football.
soldiering on.

the least you could have done was stay to cheer the champion off for his last game.

it is really Disgraceful.
Last edited by ScubaSam44 on Sun 21 Sep 2008 12:51pm, edited 4 times in total.

Theres no substitute for hardwork- Robert Harvey.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I waited until he was chaired off....

It seemed like nearly the whole crowd left at the same time....

Made for a bit of crush outside...dudes going everywhere...

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
midas_touch
Club Player

Even though we were finished by half time, me and my mate pledged to stay until the very end to see the great man being chaired off. It was the least we could have done to repay what Harves has given us all for 21 years. Shame on those who left early, you can't call yourselves true Saints supporters.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

midas_touch wrote:Even though we were finished by half time, me and my mate pledged to stay until the very end to see the great man being chaired off. It was the least we could have done to repay what Harves has given us all for 21 years. Shame on those who left early, you can't call yourselves true Saints supporters.
i knew we were gone when i saw our banner...
then when the hawks showed solidarity and linked arms i deff knew we would have to be on our VERY best and knew the chances of that were very VERY slim.
also not being able to find ya wallet in one of ya 8 pockets before the game to bang $300 on us for the win kinda made me think about it too....but i put the thought of a loss outta my head

Mega
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:
midas_touch wrote:Even though we were finished by half time, me and my mate pledged to stay until the very end to see the great man being chaired off. It was the least we could have done to repay what Harves has given us all for 21 years. Shame on those who left early, you can't call yourselves true Saints supporters.
then when the hawks showed solidarity and linked arms i deff knew we would have to be on our VERY best and knew the chances of that were very VERY slim.
also not being able to find ya wallet in one of ya 8 pockets before the game to bang $300 on us for the win kinda made me think about it too....but i put the thought of a loss outta my head
lol yeah our banner looked pretty ordinary compared to the Hawks dont think that makes a difference though.
As for linking arms we did something similar in the 97 GF and that didnt help us either.
Good job you didnt find your wallet $300 saved.
Just beaten by a better side on the night simple as that.

A little less conversation a little more action please
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Well they missed a really special moment, the best send off ive seen for ANY player ever. I still tingle thinking about it.

Before Im 85
james rose
Club Player

very unfair to have a go at everyone who left early...
I didn't... my family did... they had good reasons... i'm sure others do as well..

and harvey has had about 6 weeks of a send off- guess what- he didn't notice they were missing- and he wouldn't of cared.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Mega wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
lol yeah our banner looked pretty ordinary compared to the Hawks dont think that makes a difference though.
As for linking arms we did something similar in the 97 GF and that didnt help us either.
Good job you didnt find your wallet $300 saved.
Just beaten by a better side on the night simple as that.
umm i didnt say i didnt find it full stop
i eventually did and lets say im glad theres overtime this week at work :oops:
the linking arms thing shows u have came to play
97 we came to play...and played well
then some fat bastard for the 'fruit tingles' (crows) in our defensive 50 was given the whole paddock and beat us.
it just shows solidarity 'tis all.
the banner comment was meant to be an 'omen or synchronicity' type of comment on the feeling i got when i saw it.
never underestimate synchronicity

stmac35
Club Player

My dad was hankering to get out of there, but we hung around. Not one person in my area left - in fact, I didn't see anyone duck out early. Thought it was great.

THE GREAT MAN - ROBERT HARVEY