how was fiora selected? he

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

To be fair the question is why was he selected.

I agree, how he is ahead of Birss is beyond me. Birss would've been well suited to last night...fearless attack at the ball and good run was needed. Just don't get why Birss is out of favour...and yes it wouldn't chnge the result, and many players were down etc...but a selection that to me was bewildering.

Nee!
bergsone
SS Life Member

IMO,if he had shown some form recently maybe select him,but has shown nothing and keeps getting a run,its beyond me how this has continued all season,I can handle a young player struggling,but he has been in the system long enough now for little return

derby Street
Club Player

A desperate punt by the match committee that never came off - might just of cooked his goose but I thought he got a new contract last year that means we have to trade (???) - not sure we are in the position to just cut him.

Mega
Club Player

SaintWal wrote:Spud on mmm during the game made a call, after an insipid effort by Fiora, that nothing has changed since his coaching days. I believe his words were to the effect that he never got a hard ball back then.

They also made the call that these type of players had to go for the Saints to move forward
Yeah Spud should know being the great coach that he was :roll: , didnt Fiora follow that up about 3 seconds later by swooping on the footy and kicking a goal.
Lyon also said we have allot of dumb footballers we F*** ME what are Melbourne players then.
I hate these know it all commentators I only listen to get injury updates and running play commentary when the play is too far away to see whats going on. These nutjobs love you when your winning but put in a poor performance , hey hang on a second sounds familiar sounds like allot of people in this forum.

A little less conversation a little more action please
bergsone
SS Life Member

Mega wrote:
SaintWal wrote:Spud on mmm during the game made a call, after an insipid effort by Fiora, that nothing has changed since his coaching days. I believe his words were to the effect that he never got a hard ball back then.

They also made the call that these type of players had to go for the Saints to move forward
Yeah Spud should know being the great coach that he was :roll: , didnt Fiora follow that up about 3 seconds later by swooping on the footy and kicking a goal.
Lyon also said we have allot of dumb footballers we F*** ME what are Melbourne players then.
I hate these know it all commentators I only listen to get injury updates and running play commentary when the play is too far away to see whats going on. These nutjobs love you when your winning but put in a poor performance , hey hang on a second sounds familiar sounds like allot of people in this forum.
Dont know about swooping on the ball,more like it fell his way

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Mega wrote:

swoop is a term giving to someone that seems something and takes control.
having the bal fall into ya hands 15 metres from goal is pure luck.
i wouldve kicked that on my left....same with kozis shot from 25.

how on earth fiora got selected is beyond me.......below average player with a great vertical leap....big whoop de doo's.
what till i see one of his relatives at work late this afternoon
"hey...Bill.......i have a message for Aaron............."

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

I think Lyon was giving Fiora one last chance, after lastnight, I don't think he'll be on our list next year.

Mega
Club Player

Bloody Fiora cost us the game :twisted: :roll: :roll:

Yeah I agree he is not my favorite player either in fact I refer to him as Fiona like many others but come on seriously he had about 15 other mates out there that didnt do much either.
I would be surprised if he is at the club again next season and for the club to go forward some other tough decisions need to be made also.

A little less conversation a little more action please
matrix
Saintsational Legend

as much as i dont rate him..........saying that he cost us the game is rather a tad silly.