Players We Must Target!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Players We Must Target!

Kerr - Elite midfielder who would make a massive difference
Cousins - A short term option, but would still give us two years of great footy and make us a better team
Lovett - Would take Jones' spot in the side and add the offensive damage to the defensive pressure
O'Keefe - Suits our forward line perfectly and would take a huge amount of pressure off Roo
Didak - Extremely talented player who would walk into any side and make an impact

To get Kerr
Put Dal Santo, X.Clarke, L.Fisher and any pick after 13 on the table.

To get Cousins
We just need to throw big dollars at him.

To get Lovett
Probably available for pick 29.

To get O'Keefe
Would command a huge price. The Swans would want our first pick and a quality player. Still, with our recent trading experience with Sydney you never know.

To get Didak
Who knows? The Pies would want quite a lot, but if they make the decision that they're not keeping him then it's hard to tell what price he'd command.

Others who could be looked at
Armstrong
White
Yze
Copeland
Mills
Tivendale
Pettifer

Any others?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Players We Must Target!

mad saint guy wrote:Kerr - Elite midfielder who would make a massive difference
Cousins - A short term option, but would still give us two years of great footy and make us a better team
Lovett - Would take Jones' spot in the side and add the offensive damage to the defensive pressure
O'Keefe - Suits our forward line perfectly and would take a huge amount of pressure off Roo
Didak - Extremely talented player who would walk into any side and make an impact

To get Kerr

To get Cousins

To get Lovett

To get O'Keefe
Would command a huge price. The Swans would want our first pick and a quality player. Still, with our recent trading experience with Sydney you never know.

To get Didak
Who knows? The Pies would want quite a lot, but if they make the decision that they're not keeping him then it's hard to tell what price he'd command.

Armstrong
White
Yze
Copeland
Mills
Tivendale
Pettifer

Any others?
Now that is funny.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Kerr - Elite midfielder who would make a massive difference

To get Kerr

To get Cousins

To get Lovett

To get O'Keefe

To get Didak

Armstrong
White
Yze
Copeland
Mills
Tivendale
Pettifer

Any others?
Agree except for the bolded..... DEFINITELY do not look at that.

& Keep Dal Santo.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

whi the f*** is Lovett? For gods sake, lets settle a bit here...

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Agree except for the bolded..... DEFINITELY do not look at that.
Not saying we should, but with our recent history there's a good chance we will take a couple of rejects. Can probably add Peverill to that list.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
Not saying we should, but with our recent history there's a good chance we will take a couple of rejects. Can probably add Peverill to that list.
Any administration that even looks is a backwards step.

sainters man
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:
Mate i think its fair to say we wont look at any of them :!:

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
Armstrong
White
Yze
Copeland
Mills
Tivendale
Pettifer

Any others?
We need some humour after getting bundled out of another finals series.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
Armstrong
White
Yze
Copeland
Mills
Tivendale
Pettifer

Any others?
We need some humour after getting bundled out of another finals series.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Armstrong retired (Bali really affected him)
White - gone
Yze - gone
Copeland - lol
Tivendale - lolol
Pettifer - lololololololol

WHo the f*** is Mills?

MasonCJ2
Club Player

None of the second group. And no way on Lovett. Will be a good laugh when Freo get him. I hope the Bombers keep him because those idiots think he is a star. O'Keefe would be sensational, but hard to get!!

We are a sniff
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Wade Mills - Brisbane Lions tall solid backman, wears no. 25 I think..... :shock:

No Contract, No contact :shock:
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Armstrong retired (Bali really affected him)
White - gone
Yze - gone
Copeland - lol
Tivendale - lolol
I would have been saying the same thing about M.Clarke, Attard, Wall, Birss, M.Gardiner, King and C.Gardiner.
WHo the f*** is Mills?
Wade Mills is a 21 year old, 196cm defender who played some good footy for Brisbane in '06 and '07 ago but has fallen out of favour recently with Merret and Drummond stepping up.

I haven't seen much of him this year but he really looked like a good prospect when he was playing seniors and has been cut from Brisbane's list.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
White - gone
Yze - gone
Copeland - lol
Tivendale - lolol
I would have been saying the same thing about M.Clarke, Attard, Wall, Birss, M.Gardiner, King and C.Gardiner.
WHo the f*** is Mills?
Wade Mills is a 21 year old, 196cm defender who played some good footy for Brisbane in '06 and '07 ago but has fallen out of favour recently with Merret and Drummond stepping up.

I haven't seen much of him this year but he really looked like a good prospect when he was playing seniors and has been cut from Brisbane's list.
mills comes with a bad bad history

dont touch

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Quite a list there MSG -

Cousins is one they might have a go at, I would take him in a heartbeat - Wobbler maybe front runners though

Lovett, apart from off field hassles....he's so outside and quite short too - TBH I would rather Jones 10 times more than Lovett :shock:

Yze - OMG :shock:

Copeland might be picked up by the Tiggars.

Others to have fallen out of favour with their clubs a bit , like Troy Selwood, Travis Tuck

No Contract, No contact :shock:
ThomasR
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
White - gone
Yze - gone
Copeland - lol
Tivendale - lolol
WHo the f*** is Mills?

dont touch
Didn't know this but he's good mates with Gilbert

Richter
SS Life Member

Kerr - love to have him but the price would be too high. Would be a Dal + top 10 pick - I would be reluctant to even swap him for Dal (team bonding, no point in trading your own stars for a potentially flawed star from elsewhere who has had some injury problems compared to Dal who is durable etc., etc.). If it was Judd, then ok - but Kerr, though I reiterate I'd love to have him - no, too many 'what-ifs' for what we'd have to give up. Carlton look likely to get him.

Cousins - agree, throw big dollars, get Gardy on side to whisper in his ear. However, the pies must be in prime position. They are ahead of us in the PSD + the Malthouse factor.

O'Keefe - I don't see much of the Swans so don't know much about him - at 27 would he really command more than our first round pick? Sounds like he should be our number 1 priority though - basically because we have a shot at getting him given the Lyon connection.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ThomasR wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
White - gone
Yze - gone
Copeland - lol
Tivendale - lolol
WHo the f*** is Mills?

dont touch
Didn't know this but he's good mates with Gilbert
Then how did you write it then?

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:O'Keefe - I don't see much of the Swans so don't know much about him - at 27 would he really command more than our first round pick? Sounds like he should be our number 1 priority though - basically because we have a shot at getting him given the Lyon connection.
Think Charlie Gardiner but seven hundred times better. He's a half forward who leads all day, has a strong mark, kicks and sets up goals. A bit like a 3/4 size Riewoldt.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

idoubt we will be heavey players in trade week , Campbell from Freo seems keen on Stkilda

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Richter
SS Life Member

Sounds exactly what we need as our mid-sized forward - like a Russell Robertson (on a good day) type?

-----------------------------------------

I agree with you that we do need a midfield jet in order to make the next step up. However realistcally we don't have much of a hope of trading for one (prob only Kerr and Cousons available). So my next solution would be to try to find another defender - such a shame that McG and Dempster are both buggered - as this would free up Goddard/Gram/Fisher for longer stints in the midfield.

I am hoping that next year BJ makes the step up to be our general - in the Buckley mould.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Adam Campbell from Fremantle. He's allegedly said he's ready to go back to Victoria. A big key forward, kicked a few against us late this season. Looked really good in his WAFL final last week, kicked seven goals in a losing side. Give them a third rounder if we can however a second will probably be demanded. Or even better send Clinton Jones back home.

I would rate securing Ryan O'Keefe above any of the other big names who are "considering" moving. He is the exact player we have been missing since Hammil's knees went shot. Being out of contract if we can convince him to join with us then we are in the commanding position with Sydney.

Lovett would be a very valuable addition to our team, should be seriously considered at the right price.

Cousins would ensure us as a major contender for another two years, will be tough with Collingwood lurking though.

Brent Reilly from Adelaide is another who I believe wants to return to Victoria. Daniel Harris could also be worth a look for a third round pick.

If someone can slap Pettifer into shape then he could be a very valuable cheap pickup. Would be an upgrade from Charlie Gardiner.