Kerr to St Kilda

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ishka

Kerr to St Kilda

This is not 100% backable but I heard the West Coast want Dal Santo and out first round draft pick for Kerr.
Personally I think Kerr would make a difference to our team, goes in hard unlike Dal Santo. Kerr is better that Cousins and Judd.

Lenny your a gun!!!
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Change the 1st to a second round, and I'd probably be happy with that. Won't happen though.

Carpe Diem
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Had our attention before you said he was better than Cousins and Judd. Don't think so. Perhaps you meant Cousins or Judd. Still disagree.
Last edited by perfectionist on Sun 21 Sep 2008 12:46am, edited 1 time in total.

james rose
Club Player

dal santo and first round is too much...

i'd give dal and a fourth maybe

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Why get rid of a mid to get a mid. Now maybe if it was Kosi.

linz
Club Player

As a long term poster Ishkar or (waaankaar) I can only respect your mail.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kerr to St Kilda

ishka wrote:This is not 100% backable but I heard the West Coast want Dal Santo and out first round draft pick for Kerr.
Personally I think Kerr would make a difference to our team, goes in hard unlike Dal Santo. Kerr is better that Cousins and Judd.
Kerr is better than Cousins and Judd? You are dreaming. He's a very good solid midfielder but he's not in the above's air space.

Yet, just to be a study in contradictions, I'd want Kerr before I'd want Cousins. Age and future output are my reasons.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
battye
Saintsational Legend

I really like Dal Santo, but the question has to be asked, would Kerr deliver more to St Kilda?

Out of curiousity (sort of off topic), wasn't there a pact between Ball, Hayes, Riewoldt, Kosi and Dal Santo about staying at St Kilda a few years ago. I think someone had it in their signature for a while... just wondering if one of these players, who have been at the core of the club for nearly 5 years, were to get traded away, how would the others feel? Wouldn't want to open a pandora's box.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Why get rid of a mid to get a mid. Now maybe if it was Kosi.
Theres nothing to sayyou cant remove a mid and replace a mid and actually not improve your mids.......

Dal santo isnt a gut runner, doesnt kick goals, cant break a tag.

Kerr does all that AND tackles.

But our first rd plus Dal is to much.........

“Yeah….nah””
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Saint Corin wrote:Change the 1st to a second round, and I'd probably be happy with that. Won't happen though.
I'd give that serious....serious consideration.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
degruch
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:I really like Dal Santo, but the question has to be asked, would Kerr deliver more to St Kilda?

Out of curiousity (sort of off topic), wasn't there a pact between Ball, Hayes, Riewoldt, Kosi and Dal Santo about staying at St Kilda a few years ago. I think someone had it in their signature for a while... just wondering if one of these players, who have been at the core of the club for nearly 5 years, were to get traded away, how would the others feel? Wouldn't want to open a pandora's box.
Maybe a couple of them should extract a digit for their team-mates then?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Why get rid of a mid to get a mid. Now maybe if it was Kosi.
Theres nothing to sayyou cant remove a mid and replace a mid and actually not improve your mids.......

Dal santo isnt a gut runner, doesnt kick goals, cant break a tag.

Kerr does all that AND tackles.

But our first rd plus Dal is to much.........
That depends on who u can trade for a 1st rounder?? Keep the higher pick and offload the other one.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Shall I fire up my old thread again with the Trade to Essendon? :lol: :P

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

battye wrote:I really like Dal Santo, but the question has to be asked, would Kerr deliver more to St Kilda?

The day you accept a mediocre player just so u don't upset his mates... is the day you kill the club. IMO.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Too high a price.

Would not be trading Dal, remember it was only a week ago he ripped apart Collingwood and did you watch the replay of the game against Hawthorn last time we met, Dal was one of the best on the ground.

Dal for Kerr would not advance us at all.

However if we could get him without the loss of Dal, now that would be something.

MasonCJ2
Club Player

Obviously the dual in and under/fleet of foot factor for both Kerr and Cousins would be a good fit for St Kilda. But what you would need to give for Kerr would mortgage us for a while. Obviously he is a ripper, but I wouldn't put him in Judd or Cousins (appreciate the age factor) league - the main reason is that absolute superstars don't have stinkers like he is prone to. Cousins would require a great deal less in terms of picks, but then there is the age factor and the past history. Think we just need to use our picks as effectively as possible and keep going with the movement towards using more picks and filling our rookie list.

We are a sniff
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Dal and second rounder for Kerr is fine with me, especially if we could replace that pick by trading X.Clarke or L.Fisher.

If we can't get Kerr we HAVE to throw the big bucks at Cousins.