Saints Take Note!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

pftxc wrote:Sorry, first post but have been a saints supporter since 1964 and been through it all. Watched the game tonight ..for a while the Cats looked to be tired and vulnerable. The Dogs lack a forward line and were inaccurate. If we get up against the Hawks and I have some confidence, the cats look a little vulnerable. Two more games to go and I really believe that the current group of saints have the motivation and the fitness. If we get over the hawks, we have a real chance.

True, one game at a time. But if we win tomorrow night, we are in with a real chance.

Peter
Nice work Peter, welcome aboard the SS Funship Saintsaintional :lol:

I don't know what'll happen. If you all want to know what I did a few days ago...I put a $25 bet that it'd be a Saints/Dogs Grand Final. So yeah...I'm a long shot optimist! :lol: :lol:

Sure, I live through rose-coloured glasses, but it's what makes our club fantastic isn't it?? It's what keeps our fans hanging out for that one piece of success! Oh I tell you..when it happens...maybe in a weeks time (can you imagine it) we could all live on it forever! Back to back to back Wooden spoons wouldn't dampen such a win! I'd be on cloud 9 and saying to anyone...yeah, well we beat Geelong in the 08 Grand Final. Supposedly the Unwinnable match! :D :D

You're all gonna hear me tomorrow! You won't know it, but it'll be me! :wink: :twisted:

Who's up for a few throat clearers at the pub before the game at the Cricketers Arms?? :twisted:
Last edited by St. Luke on Sat 20 Sep 2008 1:15am, edited 1 time in total.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
tezza1
Club Player

Thought the dogs put the cats under some pressure without an even contribution from all of their team.

Having Welsh and Hudson was like playing two players short with Cooney not far behind. Cooney has all the skills but doesnt like a physical contest and i was surprised at how much griffen fumbled and took his eyes off the ball at times .

Go Sainters !!!!!
Saint_in_SA
Club Player

Sick and tired of hearing opposition supporters claiming that they want Hawthorn to win so that it will be a 'decent' Grand Final. That is absolute rubbish. We have a better record than the Hawks over the past ten weeks and we beat them a few weeks ago.

We have very recent history against the Cats, and I am certain that Ross learnt a few things from that game that were implemented against the Pies and am sure that we would be more than a match up for Geelong next time around. They did look vulnerable at times and were tested tonight.

However, let's get over the Hawks first - we have a genuine shot at the title from here. The Hawks carry the baggage of being expected to win. Let's choke them up and run over the top of 'em!!!!!

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

When the man's right, he's right.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
pftxc

I love the attitude. Imagine the Saints winning a flag in Harves last game...movie material. What if he were to line up on the siren with the cats 5 points ahead.

It does not really matter if we don't win this..what would we do with two flags in any case? Expectations aof continued success are a major cause of stress.

The value of being a saints suppoter is that the big wins are few and far between and therefore so much sweeter.

Lets deflate the Dawks bubble and then tear the Cats a new one. Just to silence the unbearable utterances of their fans on bigfooty, reward enough. And how much would the other AFL supporters enjoy that?

We are going to win in 2008. I know this because it was revealed to mein a vision by a higher authority (well maybe after a big session with the legendary Nauran slabmen)

Nice to meet you blokes and best ot luck to our team

Saints in 08
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Okay... 7 words! Can you believe I've just started to watch the Pies V Saints Final on DVD!? :lol:

"Don't Leave It All Up To Riewoldt!!"

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
pftxc

St Luke

I listened to that game on my Dad's transistor radio back on a Saturday afternoon in 1966 when I was ten years old - not easy to borrow it from him as he was a rabid tigers fan and his wife, my dear Mum, was a filth supporter . That was a truly inspirational win. I bet a few of the current players would be inspired from listening to that game. Where do I get the DVD?

Saints in 08
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Mate, for a fellow Saints supporter I'd gladly post you the vid. Send me a PM and I'll have it in Mondays mail for you! ;)

I'm watching this at the moment...and can I tell you all the joy I'm feeling seeing those cocky Pies supporters giving our boys grief and KNOWING we've got it won! :lol: :lol: Best feeling!