FRANKSTON DEAL NOT DONE YET

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:For the sake of 8 one armed bandits, we are probably going to Tassie.
tool of the week

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

GeorgeYoung27 wrote:
caseyscorp would love to reply, but he is very busy at the moment.

Indeed I have been a bit busy, but thanks for holding the fort for me.
all I can say is good luck with your current ventures.

casey scorp
Club Player

"Saints-Frankston deal in doubt" says the Frankston Leader on-line news.

http://frankston-leader.whereilive.com. ... -in-doubt/

And Kingston's door is always open says its Mayor.

Come on Archie & Greg - go for it. There's one last opportunity to save the situation.

GrumpyOne

casey scorp wrote:"Saints-Frankston deal in doubt" says the Frankston Leader on-line news.

Come on Archie & Greg - go for it. There's one last opportunity to save the situation.
I second that suggestion. It would be best for Kingston and for the Saints to redevelop the site and settle there. For a group of supposedly successful businessmen, it is plainly obvious that due diligence was not performed on any aspect of the Frankston proposal. It was undue haste IMO to stick one up Kingston Council that drove the whole process, and that has bitten us firmly on the bum.

If we have to sack Archie to do it, then it must be done. He has been a good CEO in all other respects, but if he remains a hurdle to negotiations resuming with Kingston, its bye-bye Archie.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I am new to this whole subject matter, and have been reading through the posts.

Looking around the ground today, it was quite depressing :cry:

Don't get me wrong, I am not turning my nose up at the outdated facilities. It's more that the place is tired and run down, with no-one able to give it the respect it deserves.

Here's hoping that we pursue the option of staying put, and try again!

RBnW
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:"Saints-Frankston deal in doubt" says the Frankston Leader on-line news.

report in the Hsun this morning.... :lol: you had best have that apology ready :oops: :oops:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html
they are saying that the deal has been done and agreed with everyone to build at Frankston on that new site $11m building and in by 2010... :D :D
So can I have that open apology from you you did say you would give all of us........good bye Casey forever :P :P

Our best is yet
to come......
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Let's hope they change the name of it from Belvedere Park to The Robert Harvey Reserve.

bigmicka
Club Player

Melbourne is going to be really loved at Casey after the council decided to give that $1.25 million to Melbourne instead of fixing the Methane problem.

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

bigmicka wrote:Melbourne is going to be really loved at Casey after the council decided to give that $1.25 million to Melbourne instead of fixing the Methane problem.

mic
the vote nearly came through to move the the money.

4 to 5 infavour of giving it to a football club instead of fixing the methane problem.

if i was a melbourne supporter, it doesn't sound good!

RBnW
Club Player

Casey.....Casey....Casey where are you....public apology for all the bull you have put us through for the past year.......
the deal is done at Frankston that you said would never take place.....
Casey.....where are you :?:

We are all waiting..... :oops:

Our best is yet
to come......
GrumpyOne

RBnW wrote:Casey.....Casey....Casey where are you....public apology for all the bull you have put us through for the past year.......

I take it you are referring to Casey Scorps...

No need for an apology IMO. The deal did not go through as presented. We ended up with a compromise backdoor screwing dressed up as the romance of the century.

RBnW
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
RBnW wrote:Casey.....Casey....Casey where are you....public apology for all the bull you have put us through for the past year.......

No need for an apology IMO. The deal did not go through as presented. We ended up with a compromise backdoor screwing dressed up as the romance of the century.
you are hard to keep happy.....but then your name says it all :roll: :roll:

Our best is yet
to come......
GrumpyOne

RBnW wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

you are hard to keep happy.....but then your name says it all :roll: :roll:
Touche. :lol: :lol:

casey scorp
Club Player

I'm here, and I'm not sure what you're expecting an apology for.

I told you months ago that the Frankston deal would fall over, and now it officially has! Many derided me for bucking the company line, but the ultimate outcome was obvious.

Now we have the Seaford Deal, or Belvedere Park. Don't kid yourself that this is really Frankston, but then again swallow the company line. Some people will believe anything.

Will Belvedere Park work? It certainly doesn't have the same constraints as Frankston, but I'm not sure the proponents can add up. From the media release titled:

SAINTS MOVE TO FRANKSTON CITY CONFIRMED

we have the following:

The $11m plus training and administration facility will include an AFL MCG sized oval, gymnasium, rehabilitation pool, meeting rooms, lecture theatre and an indoor sports hall for basketball, netball and other sports that will be made available to local schools, health providers and sporting associations.

The project will be funded by four parties including the Victorian State Government ($3.45m), Frankston City Council ($3m), AFL ($2.55m) and the St Kilda Football Club ($1.43m, plus all additional costs).

When I went to school that added up to $9 million of other party's contributions, which is exactly as was proposed earlier. The Saints are now to pick up $1.43 million (plus all additional costs).

That is an interesting way of saying $2 million plus (ie $11 million - $9 million).

If you think the Saints have a lazy $2 million plus you're nuts.

And it's a lot more than the $1.25 million proposed to be contributed by the club at Frankston Park when "the deal" was announced in November last year.

And building construction costs have escalated since last year's announcement, and will escalate a lot more before the project is underway, further eroding the value of the total contributions.

I'd be very surprised if the project can be constructed for $11 million (although $11 million plus is rather unlimited, so it can obviously be built for an unlimited figure).

Of course the heading is instructive as well......reference to Frankston City is a poorly attempted smokescreen. Somer people will just swallow anything.

I've just watched The Hollowmen on ABC, and you can just hear the spin doctors "if we say Frankston City, it's consistent with our original announcement because Frankston Park is in Frankston City as well, and it's the same Council so we can just say it's a minor relocation". Please.....I think the supporters should be treated with a bit more respect. But then, some don't really even ask for it.

As for being completed during the 2010 season, it's now a maximum of two years. Without doing a bit of research on the site, I don't know if there are planning requirements that need to be satisfied. I do know that, if a permit is required, you could well get resident opposition given the residential street which must be traversed in order to get to the site. But that may not be a problem. A 12-15 month construction period gives the club about 9 months to get all the design completed, approvals obtained, and tendering undertaken. The gun has just been fired......and the club had better get it's collective skates on.

I've got a feeling that the club and the Council will make this development happen because a failure of another announcement would be fatal. However, we will get a third rate outcome.

The Frankston deal is dead. I'm the one awaiting the apologies.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Shouldn't be any problems with methane, no tips nearby.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
casey scorp
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:Shouldn't be any problems with methane, no tips nearby.
Hopefully not, but the surface at Belvedere Park is uneven and vegetation struggles to grow.

When you walk the site, it has the feeling of an old....

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

u fought the good fight Casey....lets relax now and enjoy the fresh Frankston air.... :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
Hopefully not, but the surface at Belvedere Park is uneven and vegetation struggles to grow.

Which is just what Moorabbin oval was.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:

Are you that obsessed you went and walked on the site. And do you sit there and watch the grass grow. I would suggest you use your life for better things like the Saints winning the prelim and next year both Sandy and Saints being in the finals.

casey scorp
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Are you that obsessed you went and walked on the site. And do you sit there and watch the grass grow. I would suggest you use your life for better things like the Saints winning the prelim and next year both Sandy and Saints being in the finals.
I find that doing some research puts you in a better position to make comments.

I visited the Frankston Park site after the announcement last November and, blow me down, it was obvious that the proposed development wouldn't work.

I visited the Belvedere Park site as well. My initial observations were that the site was:

* difficult to access (the intersection of Ti-Tree Cres and Seaford Road is left in-left out only)
* accessible only through residential streets
* isolated
* barren
* already occupied by some sports clubs.

It seems like the site is the pits, and hardly worthy of an AFL club's home.

And I'll also put energy into cheering the Saints over the line on Saturday.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Are you that obsessed you went and walked on the site. And do you sit there and watch the grass grow. I would suggest you use your life for better things like the Saints winning the prelim and next year both Sandy and Saints being in the finals.

I visited the Frankston Park site after the announcement last November and, blow me down, it was obvious that the proposed development wouldn't work.

I visited the Belvedere Park site as well. My initial observations were that the site was:

* difficult to access (the intersection of Ti-Tree Cres and Seaford Road is left in-left out only)
* isolated
* barren

The Saints should have gone to Casey,the project would have started long before the methane started door knocking.....

Based on what's happened so far,who's to say Belvedere's actually going to progress beyond spin....

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:

* isolated
* barren

Sounds very similar to casey but closer to where current players live. Remember it is a training facility not a VFL ground. Good move compared to Casey even though Moorabbin would have been better but wasnt an option.

Pilgram
Club Player

i spoke to brian mase at the dolphins,
and there was a concern that f/ston park was not big enough
(which it truthfully isn't).
so much space at seaford - room to swing a cat.
and sure the land itself is largely old swampland if you do a geological survey,
however they will make it work.
speaking of work,
it has been said that it will start soon.

great stuff from the club!
next to eastlink.
will secure the saints in the top four long term.

great stuff!

casey/cranbourne is putrid.

RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

Time to change the name of this topic now mods?

Pilgram
Club Player

RedWhiteBlack wrote:Time to change the name of this topic now mods?
or put it in the tip along with all the other cranbourne garbage?

casey scorp has shown himself to be a resounding idiot throughout just quietly.

a stupid thread yet one that has been put to bed i'd suggest.