Front foot Saints will win

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Megamaguire
Club Player

Front foot Saints will win

Hearing dermie arrogantly assert that his hawks would merely push the Saints out of the way and win comfortably prompted this post. A few times over the last week i have heard the hawk fans claiming they will win by 40 and 70 points (the last figure was Dermie).
It occured to me that Breraton's comments were consciously peddled out to try desperately to put the Saints (if any players were listening to him and not Rossi) on the back foot. In otherwards to enter the game with a defensive mindset.

The opposite will happen. A 3rd. prelim. final in 5 years coupled with the footy gods clearing a path for Kosi to kick goals suggests to me that Saint Kilda finals experience and scoreboard pressure can push Dermie's Hawks out of the way.

Saints to out-score hawks.

G O S A I N T S

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
donthglfa
Club Player

I agree, the first thing I thought when I heard that on SEN was that Dermie is trying to unsettle the saints by making a comment and hoping it would be a big story in the papers the next day and get everybody talking about how much the Hawks are going to win by.
And judging by the cocky Hawks supporters at my work .....it worked :evil:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

If anyone thinks the players are even slightly effected by what people say then I would say you are completely wrong. They wouldnt give a toss bag as Blighty would say. It wouldnt even have .1% of effect good or bad.