The "promo" for this weeks game......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I would have thought they would go with some our young players like Gwilt or Eddy ahead of Franklin.
No PLugger, they prefer to use a 'role model' like Buddy.

Do you reckon they'd change the focus of their marketing if injunctions were lifted?

In all seriousness though, why wouldn't they promote a showdown between the 'superstar Buddy and the 'Golden Boy' Roo' for this match?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:In all seriousness though, why wouldn't they promote a showdown between the 'superstar Buddy and the 'Golden Boy' Roo' for this match?
that would be the smart play. but the focus on buddy has to help us imo

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I couldnt give a s*** about bloody buddy! I dont care how "exciting" he is blah blahblah, big deal, he IS the enemy. I care about my players, my team, I feel nothing for buddy.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:I couldnt give a s*** about bloody buddy! I dont care how "exciting" he is blah blahblah, big deal, he IS the enemy. I care about my players, my team, I feel nothing for buddy.
And the promo is not intended to persuade you to watch the game. You're part of the 'captive audience' that will watch the game regardless because your team is playing.

The question is whether this 'promo' will attract viewers who wouldn't ordinarily tune in?

4ever_saint
Club Player

SEN did the same thing...the promo for our game was two highlights of buddy. no st kilda mention aside from the fact that buddy was playing us.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:We have had enough success in recent times to earn respect. But no, not to even include us in the Finals promotion is an insult. :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
one that ross will be emphasising strongly to the boys, i hope. it's good ammunition.
I can't believe that we don't even get a flash, not even a nano second of footage of any Saints in the promo. Surely must be a point of motivation for our boys.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:I couldnt give a s*** about bloody buddy! I dont care how "exciting" he is blah blahblah, big deal, he IS the enemy. I care about my players, my team, I feel nothing for buddy.
And the promo is not intended to persuade you to watch the game. You're part of the 'captive audience' that will watch the game regardless because your team is playing.

The question is whether this 'promo' will attract viewers who wouldn't ordinarily tune in?
haha, no!!! It wont! No one who dosent normally have any regard for footy will watch cause some bloke called buddywank is playing ffs! AFL is just dumb if this is really what it is trying to do.

SainterX
Club Player

A man named Plugger kicked 100 goals in a season numerous times and none of the commentators were getting on their knees for him like they are for everybodys "Buddy"
The man is good, but Plugger did it in a substandard side most of the time, wonder if Lance could do that himself.
Never seen so many men want to have another mans baby, Bruce, Dennis, Buckley, Blight, Matthews etc.

They never even went that overboard for Chris Judd, bar Garry Lyon :P

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

agreed, its totally pathetic. Makes you sick dunnit??!! :shock:

saint1974
Club Player

A pity they didnt show buddy with the wonderful chase down by our own Clinton Jones he is not invincible.

GO JONESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SainterX
Club Player

What are the odds that when we shut up all the Buddy c**ksuckers that we will still hear the guys name mentioned repeatedly come the grand final?
:(

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
Saintschampions08
Club Player

Re: The "promo" for this weeks game......

Hurricane wrote:Has anyone else seen it?

When will the media get tired of getting on its knees like a cheap whore and blowing Lance Franklin?

Unless im mistaken there will be 44 players taking the field on Saturday night, incuding a 380+ game legend, not just 1 overblown, over-rated, flavour of the month hype machine.

Pathetic effort IMHO

BANG BANG
Call him what you want...but over-rated?

Your kidding..

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Don't stress about buddy.

He's kicked 8 a fortnight ago.

The pressure of the whole club is on him to do it again, or else their Prez (Jeff) will sack him!!!

Solar
Saintsational Legend

will be interesting once injury or bad form of the hawks hit....

right now everything is going his way. Reminds me of a young riewoldt in 2004 who recieved some great passes from an awesome midfield playing at their peak. Year after he does his shoulder, the side struggles with injuries and he has never been the same young player.

Look at judd, just took a bad injury to bring him back to the pack. Not wishing injury on anyone but they are the facts of senior football. Almost everyone will get an injury which will slow them down. Thats when football smarts and skills will come to the fore.

But I love it, keep talking them up. They finished 2nd, had everything going for them. We are gone, lucky to have made it so far.....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Saintschampions08 wrote:

When will the media get tired of getting on its knees like a cheap whore and blowing Lance Franklin?

Unless im mistaken there will be 44 players taking the field on Saturday night, incuding a 380+ game legend, not just 1 overblown, over-rated, flavour of the month hype machine.

Pathetic effort IMHO

BANG BANG
Call him what you want...but over-rated?

Your kidding..
He is over-rated BY THE MEDIA, which my post was about.

He is a wonderful player but the media talks him up like he is the second coming of Jesus or something.

For example there is a big story in the Sun today about some model that Franklin is apparently going out with.......I mean GIANT who cares.

It s***s me that it seems every time 'Buddy" farts there is a media story on it

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html

ST KILDA coach Ross Lyon will try to dim the lights on the Lance Franklin show by cutting off his power supply in tomorrow night's preliminary final. Lyon said yesterday he had not let Franklin consume his focus for the Hawthorn clash and the match will be won and lost in the midfield.

Adding to the intrigue, the Saints last night continued the Luke Ball guessing game, selecting the star midfielder.

Ball was named in the team for the semi-final win against Collingwood, before pulling out before the match.

But Lyon is optimistic Ball will be back from a hamstring injury to handle the Hawks and said he would be given "every opportunity to come up" for the match.

maz1685
Club Player

They didn't even show Hawthorn though either, it was just all about Buddy. It's like it's just gonna be a Buddy Franklin special on Saturday. Wouldn't that create animosity within the team. They seem to forget the midfield that gets the ball to Buddy. Anyway, from my impression Friday and Saturday are just gonna be a Geelong & Hawthorn training match, that's what the media is making it out to be.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

St Michele wrote:The promo for the whole finals does not even mention the Saints but they will regret it when we stand there with the cup!!
Michele
Yeah, the further we go the angrier they will get.........................WAIT........ I forgot that Andrew Dimetroiu is NOT a vindictive man :roll: :wink: :roll: :wink: !!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

good...let all the focus be on duddy
more pressure on him
weight of the whole club on his shoulders
pressure
pressure
crumble
crumble

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

BANG BANG
The media will get tired of Lance Franklin around about the same time that Lance Franklin realizes that there is a number somewhere between 2 & 4 !!

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Not sure what the fuss is about really.

Every player that's been shot into "superstardom" by the Media has received the same kind of attention.

Dermie, Plugger, Gary Ablett, Wayne Carey just to name a few!

Channel 10 will hype it as much as they want to and cater it for the morons oops the masses if it pulls in bums on seats come ratings time.

Wouldn't be an issue if we weren't playing them this week huh?