i'm starting to get butterflies!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

megs4#31
Club Player

i'm starting to get butterflies!

is anybody else starting to get butterflies and get nervous. I will have to endure the pain of watching it on tv this weekend (which i just can't do, i cannot sit through it especially if its close!) in the hopes that i will be jumping on a plane on wednesday night to come to see my boys play next week.

i'm just getting those feelings in the pit of my stomach of nerves. Never had this feeling before, dont know whether its a good or bad thing. I just have a feeling that we will be there next week and im driving everyone insane with my football talk. Hurry up saturday night....say 830 perth time so i know what the HELL IS GOING ON!!!!!

Go saints, 2009 is our year!
TriColourDisciple
Club Player

You're not alone with the butterfly thing . Mine are ever present & are doing loop-to-loops!

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
Beekay
SS Life Member

I was doing fine until I read this thread.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I was meant to be going to a dinner with friends (at their place) on Saturday night, they told me that they’d move the dinner to around the TV. I said that’s great, I hope you enjoy yourselves, cos I won’t be there :lol: (It’s for their own good to be honest, I’m a noisy barracker and very unpleasant to be around if it looks like we’re going down) – The best place for me is at the MCG with my fellow Sainters! ;) I’m sorry you can’t make it there yourselves, it’s a big ask to travel so far at times.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
markp
Saintsational Legend

I'm still in a state of denial about the whole thing.

The most surreal season ever....

yipper
SS Life Member

Beekay wrote:I was doing fine until I read this thread.
Yeah, me too. I think the reality is starting to kick in - a Prelim, one step away from the big one. Registration process for securing a GF ticket has also kicked in the nerves a bit to!! Just think, we are in much better shape than previous PF games - reckon this is our chance to go through.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

I dont usually get nervous until the day of the game, but the butterflies well and truly started yesterday during training!

Or maybe that was just hunger...

carnasaints55
Club Player

wow. its really beginning to kick in now. much better situation goinig into a prelim than '04. absolutely havent been able to sit still since the moment the coollingwood game ended. cant wait.
GET FIRED UP SAINTS!

roo=god
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Given our tendancy to choke in big finals...yeah. I'd be bloody disappointed if we went down to the Hawks, as I think we've got their measure. But I also thought the same against Melbourne in 2006!

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

I'm still finding it hard to come to terms with after the season we've had and all the doom and gloom for months on here wanting to get rid of the coach and players etc.

I have got it right haven't I we are actually 1 game away from playing in the big one?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

to be honest i havent thought of this weeks game 24/7....
obviously ive been thinking about it, but most of my time is taken up with what the plan of attack is to be able to get there the week after.

do i stand out the front 4 hours before hand and hope my 'man out the front with a spare' is about.

im so confident we'll beat the hawkers its not funny.....and have looked past that to worry about the week after and the plan of attack for a seat.
thats making me as nervous as f***!!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7Fan wrote:I'm still finding it hard to come to terms with after the season we've had and all the doom and gloom for months on here wanting to get rid of the coach and players etc.

I have got it right haven't I we are actually 1 game away from playing in the big one?
Yeah, but don't forget that 'all the doom and gloom' came from a handful of supporters who'd been sucked in by Mike Sheahan's hype, plus a piss-weak media contingent wanting to justify their poor showing in the office footy tips early in the season!

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:to be honest i havent thought of this weeks game 24/7....
obviously ive been thinking about it, but most of my time is taken up with what the plan of attack is to be able to get there the week after.

do i stand out the front 4 hours before hand and hope my 'man out the front with a spare' is about.

im so confident we'll beat the hawkers its not funny.....and have looked past that to worry about the week after and the plan of attack for a seat.
thats making me as nervous as f***!!
It's ridiculous but I know what you mean and I suppose the win last time with them is making me feel confident but I probably shouldn't be. I felt like this going into the 97 Grand Final.

Silly thing is I'm more concerned about the Bulldogs winning than us.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Given our tendancy to choke in big finals...yeah. I'd be bloody disappointed if we went down to the Hawks, as I think we've got their measure. But I also thought the same against Melbourne in 2006!
Hmmm we went down with no players left on the bench that day....after leading Melbourne for 3/4 of the game. It was sad to see our run drop off, we hd some really tired players towards the end, and that's what got Melbourne over us. There was a viable reason.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
midas_touch
Club Player

I'm also one who has started to get the butterflies in the stomach after coming across this thread. Haven't fully pumped myself up for the game yet, but I'm in no doubts that in the next day or two that it will start to fully sink in that we are one win away from a granny, and I will start to completely obsess about how the game might pan out, and other things like possible matchups.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
ScubaSam44
Club Player

hell yes, ive had butterflies since the collingwood game ended.
i know we can beat hawks, but we just previously lost to geelong, so if we get into the final with geelong....... kind of giving me a down side :(

Theres no substitute for hardwork- Robert Harvey.
Joey
Club Player

The feeling this week is totaly different to 04 and 05, i was nervous as hell leading up to the prelims in those years. but this year i don't feel that nervous, maybe cause no one expected us to be here.

Anyway i'm hoping that my luck continues, since the saints have won every game i've been to this year. (8 in total)

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
ScubaSam44
Club Player

they've won everygame you've been to this year? woaah, your tickets have been worth while then.

Joey
Club Player

ScubaSam44 wrote:they've won everygame you've been to this year? woaah, your tickets have been worth while then.
your tellin me!! so i'm hoping it continues. got mine first thing monday morning for this weeks game, not gonna miss one now.

Bit superstitious that way!!

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
ScubaSam44
Club Player

haha nice, yeah lets hope you can continue going without loss.

HarveysDeciple

Yep getting very tooey!

Firmly because I believe we can win it!

Just get there Sainters, let the fairytale continue.

Saintly1
Club Player

megs4#31

New postPosted: Wed 17 Sep 2008 11:12am Post subject: i'm starting to get butterflies! Reply with quote
is anybody else starting to get butterflies and get nervous. I will have to endure the pain of watching it on tv this weekend (which i just can't do, i cannot sit through it especially if its close!) in the hopes that i will be jumping on a plane on wednesday night to come to see my boys play next week.

i'm just getting those feelings in the pit of my stomach of nerves. Never had this feeling before, dont know whether its a good or bad thing. I just have a feeling that we will be there next week and im driving everyone insane with my football talk. Hurry up saturday night....say 830 perth time so i know what
the HELL IS GOING ON!!!!!

I so feel like that right now every since Saturday night, soo much the same as u i thought i was the only one going insane and driving my kids mad! never had this nervous, anxiuous feeling before, and have that feeling we will be there next week i will be like you with the hopes of being able to fly down im checking the flights everyday as the fares go up agh! i have 3 airports i could fly from just a bit of travel to get there first via trai and either sunshine coast or brisbane where i live fraser coast is like changing every day it's cheaper for me to go to Sunshine. worked out i can just afford to fly I am soooo tempted to just buy my one way ticket now and get the return seat later.
Saturday night can't come any sooner!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

No butterflies, been there enough times now, will take it as it comes.
Been burnt too many times when I have been confident and excited.
Just cruise...less pain.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

ScubaSam44 wrote:hell yes, ive had butterflies since the collingwood game ended.
i know we can beat hawks, but we just previously lost to geelong, so if we get into the final with geelong....... kind of giving me a down side :(
I know it was pre season... but we did beat Geelong earlier in the year.. Must count for something...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:No butterflies, been there enough times now, will take it as it comes.
Been burnt too many times when I have been confident and excited.
Just cruise...less pain.
Same here Fireman...been there done that...prefer to stick with my spooky calmness this year...like it's written in the stars....fate here it comes...ready or not.

Go Saints :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.