Full credit to Mcqualter

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Full credit to Mcqualter

Delisted last year put onto the rookie list and has now earned his spot in our best 22 playing a crucial tagging role.

Really starting to turn his career around.

Well done Mini

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

I thought he was extremely ordinary against Collingwood.

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
esaint66
SS Life Member

Re: Full credit to Mcqualter

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:Delisted last year put onto the rookie list and has now earned his spot in our best 22 playing a crucial tagging role.

Really starting to turn his career around.

Well done Mini

Exactly, i love what mini has been able to achieve this year.
It just goes to show you that being in the final 22 is a lot like respect in that you just don't get it to keep forever you have to continuesly earn it.

Well done Mini.

Art Vandelay
Club Player

I'll be interested to see whether he can retain his spot next year, if guys like Jack Steven, Eljay Connors and David Armitage all step up and Steven Baker returns from injury.
Also, in the event that a Ben Cousins or (dare I dream), Daniel Kerr arrive at the club, he may find it difficult to retain his spot as well.
The problem with McQualter is that he doesn't have any armory (ie, not a penetrating kick, not overly blessed for pace, relatively short and not a noted goal kicker). Will need to SIGNIFICANTLY improve if he is to hold on to his spot.

yipper
SS Life Member

RodKeoghsLoveChild wrote:I thought he was extremely ordinary against Collingwood.
Yeah, sure. He "only" kept Dane Swan relatively quiet all day - compared to his previous efforts of destroying us over the last 2 meetings.

Added to his recent scalps of Mitchell, Harvey, Stevens, Van Berlo etc..

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
your momma
Club Player

tagger? well this is fresh news to my ears. lol

so is he playing a leading tag role: a substitute for Steven Baker until he recovers?

n1ce 1 m1n1

"Im never satisfied...its a curse"
rexy
SS Life Member

Art Vandelay wrote:The problem with McQualter is that he doesn't have any armory (ie, not a penetrating kick, not overly blessed for pace, relatively short and not a noted goal kicker). Will need to SIGNIFICANTLY improve if he is to hold on to his spot.
Sounds like Robert Harvey? Mini can run all day and is willing to do so, I think he will break the mould of a tagger in the next 12 months and become a really solid midfielder.

Maybe this year?
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:The problem with McQualter is that he doesn't have any armory (ie, not a penetrating kick, not overly blessed for pace, relatively short and not a noted goal kicker). Will need to SIGNIFICANTLY improve if he is to hold on to his spot.
Sounds like Robert Harvey? Mini can run all day and is willing to do so, I think he will break the mould of a tagger in the next 12 months and become a really solid midfielder.
Yeah but Robert Harvey is 15 years older... When he was that age he had all those things...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Legendary
Club Player

Harvey was one of the quicker players in the AFL at his peak.

People forget that.

Watch Judd start to lose his pace in a couple of years ...

rexy
SS Life Member

Harvey was never a penetrating kick, never blessed with pace and never a noted goal kicker. Probably one of the reasons why he has had longevity in the game is that he never relied on pace but instead lateral movement and strong hips to avoid the tackler. He never lost much penetration in his kicking as he always relied on doing the right thing with the ball over 40 metres and the reason he set up the first 3 goals on Saturday night was that through his whole career he has preferred to set up the leading forward.

Maybe this year?
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
RodKeoghsLoveChild wrote:I thought he was extremely ordinary against Collingwood.
Yeah, sure. He "only" kept Dane Swan relatively quiet all day - compared to his previous efforts of destroying us over the last 2 meetings.

There's no Gippsland bias shining through here, is there? :wink: :roll: :wink: !!

doristhesaint
Club Player

I think Mini is behind Baker,Attard and Dempster.
Dempster wont be back for next season but i still think mini might struggle to make list next year but dont doubt his effort.

yipper
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:
yipper wrote:

There's no Gippsland bias shining through here, is there? :wink: :roll: :wink: !!
Of course not. None whatsoever - now let me get on writing my letter to club asking that they change our name to the Gippsland StKilda F.C. 8-)

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Art Vandelay
Club Player

Even talking about McQualter in the same breath as Robert Harvey is disrespectful.

Harvey will go down in history as one of the greatest players ever. Somehow, I don't think McQualter will be remebered for anything.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Mini is a good honest trier, and whilst attard is injured he does his job very well.
good on you mini- you're a great bloke too

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
esaint66
SS Life Member

Yeah now we have Baker, Attard and Mini .... all 3 have been molded into taggers (Attard and Mini under Lyon), looks to me as though he is trying to breed a defensive midfield tactic ala Sydney :roll: :roll: Let's hope not.

In another way its positive having depth like that.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Art Vandelay wrote:Harvey will go down in history as one of the greatest players ever. Somehow, I don't think McQualter will be remebered for anything.
His moustache?

esaint66
SS Life Member

Otiman wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Harvey will go down in history as one of the greatest players ever. Somehow, I don't think McQualter will be remebered for anything.
His moustache?

Hahaha that was a classic, found the story behind it.

JohnE
Club Player

Mini looks a lot tougher with the mo and shaved head.... Should go back to it and add some tatts... now that's a Sainter!

Kourkoumelis & Beveridge & Traianidis Appreciation Society
esaint66
SS Life Member

JohnE wrote:Mini looks a lot tougher with the mo and shaved head.... Should go back to it and add some tatts... now that's a Sainter!

Image + Image = Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:
Otiman wrote:
His moustache?

I have finally found a reason to dislike GT. Now I can join in the RL vs GT debates.

esaint66
SS Life Member

Otiman wrote:
saint edward wrote:
Otiman wrote:
His moustache?

I have finally found a reason to dislike GT. Now I can join in the RL vs GT debates.

:lol: :lol: :lol: