Clarification re booking AFL member tickets tommorrow

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Clarification re booking AFL member tickets tommorrow

Sorry to be a pain guys :oops: but trying to finalise my stategy tommorrow.Have always booked my tickets on the phone in past years and was wondering what the comparison is with booking online.

Anyone had successs at getting reasonable tickets online booking?

Was even toying with the idea of going to ticketmaster in Frankston in the morning.

Again would be interested in hearing any experience of this apprach ...

Thanks in advance. :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

my first year booking finals tickets online- in the past for one I have relied on others to do it and they have just gone in the queue at local outlet- thus depends on
a) the persons ( your) knowledge of the G
b) the operators knowledge of the MCG and the AFL ticketing arrangements,

Internet_ I have had no problem with online as i have some idea of where I want to sit, which areas they appear to be releasing for which clubs
If you are happy to have a little look and check out a couple of your offers before clicking through to payment then it's not bad,

Phone -on the phone has two options I assume- mummble so bad you have to speak to an operator
or take what the automated system offers you--- or hang up and re try

Outlet -IF you have a clear idea of bays, numbers, seating etc then going to an outlet works- (some appear to be quite quick) and you canoften actually see the seats available and so- ' No I'd like those ones there please' Or can I have two in this row and three in that...

NOTE: I have never gotten AFL members though
But they do appear to be opening sections to opposing clubs in a similar fashion for each week so far- the same bays iniitally offered
Last edited by saintbrat on Mon 15 Sep 2008 8:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Brat...love the mumbles bit...think I remember doing that....much better to speak to a real person :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

they are usually quite pleasant people to talk to and very helpful- even for our first final this year I rang to check something and clicked through all the options till I got to someone
and she answered my question then finalised my tickets which were still in the busy queue for processing.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
doristhesaint
Club Player

First week lined up at an outlet at 8am didin get served until 9.45 and ended with seats in M25.

I used automated phone service last week for the first time.

It took 15 mins to get threw and then was about 10 mins to complete.

Depends on how many members u have got to get tickets for.
U have to put all bar codes and credit card numbers in on phone keypad.

Ended up with seats in M23 which was good not sure what happens if u get seats u dont want.

Have not used the net for tickets

Quixote
SS Life Member

I think they've cottoned onto us mumblers as the phone system now asks you to ENTER you digits by hand.

So if I want an operator (preferable) I enter the number 8 twelve times. Screws with it good and you go on hold, never for too long I've found, and score a 'realie'.

Best way to go about it though is both simultaneously. It can take quite a while just to get through to Ticketmaster (constantly engaged), I tend to be in front of my computer, testing the online process, conducting a bit of a race so to speak.

Last thing I'll say is - BE QUICK and get on AT 9AM.

There really aren't THAT many AFL reserve tickets - or really good ones anyway - and last week they were going quicker than a ginger-plugged greyhound...

:lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo