Banner vs Hawks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:Perhaps next time you'll be clearer in your message to begin with Dools. If you'd made it known that it wasn't your decision you wouldn't be copping the heat for it.
i dont want the whole CS to cop it, so i took it first snoopy, but if i knew it meant name calling, bagging, abusing and so what i wouldnt of :roll:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Dools - Never said you made the call - just said you had robbed a lot of people of a little fun in putting some words together that may or may not help you with your quest to inspirte the boys to greater heights.

Never turn down a helping hand freely given!

My 8 year old and I spent hours doing this - there is passion out there that does not demand recognition
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=40717

SaintWal
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:
snoopygirl wrote:Perhaps next time you'll be clearer in your message to begin with Dools. If you'd made it known that it wasn't your decision you wouldn't be copping the heat for it.
i dont want the whole CS to cop it, so i took it first snoopy, but if i knew it meant name calling, bagging, abusing and so what i wouldnt of :roll:
Sorry Saintdooley the whole martyr thing does not sit right. Just admit this is badly handled and move on FFS

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:
saintdooley wrote:and sainter_dad...we are not trying to exclude the public, i just think the people who are members get more of a say on what goes on the banner than non members. we are the ones who have to spend hours down on our hands and knees sticking on the sayings, so it might as well be one of ours for the finals!
Yes you are! You have excluded the public in this instance. Like I said in a previous post, I reckon the last time you guys came up with an idea it featured a Simpsons Character!

If you think CS should get more of a say in finals time then what have they been doing Home and Away? Jack-shyte I reckon!

Prostituting themselves off other people's ideas i think!

8-)
Dools - good way to appeal for more members of the CS than this shyte!
Sorry Sainter_Dad I call it as I see it.

One thing about Dools - we got flogged in a forum game as I recall. Dools then flamed all of us for being pathetic.

Also has booed our players at half time.

Like I said, I will call it as I see it. If you think its shyte then I won't make apologies.
TTSF - I was not having a go at you - and maybe I should have quoted Dools - what I was saying is I agree with you and that as a fellow supporter - I feel excluded and inconsequential on this matter!

What I was trying to say is that Dools is making a differential between CS members and regular SAINTERS.

No dig at you intended TTSF
All good Sainter_Dad, no offence taken this side of the fence :wink:

You know will get me ruffled though - little 15 or 16 year old kids in the CS getting Grand Final tickets because they are in the Cheer Squad.

But if people outside the range want to join, the old biddies kick up a stink - so much for getting strong male voices in and actually getting them heard for once! Lots of ideas out there from other people that don't get a look in!

Sounds like you are in the majority of people in this forum - 35-60 year olds who have pumped money into the Club for a long, long time only to get stiffed by up-and-comers getting free tickets because they can hold a banner up, steal people's ideas and boo their Club

8-)
Most of the 'little 15 or 16 year olds' are the ones who yell and scream for the team infact im 16 and i go to all the games even some interstate games to support the team so i dont see why it would be so bad if i get tickets. Im just as commited as the rest of you guys
Last edited by clarky449 on Sun 14 Sep 2008 10:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

saintdooley wrote:
Well what do you expect when you BOO the team off?

Make no mistake you drew the first line in the sand when you BOOED you own team off.

Your arguments from now on are fickle.

You NEVER boo your own team.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
Well what do you expect when you BOO the team off?

Make no mistake you drew the first line in the sand when you BOOED you own team off.

Your arguments from now on are fickle.

You NEVER boo your own team.
ffs
get over it. do u have nothing to do better on a sunday night than hide behind your computer bagging a 16 year old? you really are pathetic.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
matrix
Saintsational Legend

dools

i think peeps are upset that each week u have asked the forumites for their imput.
peeps love the banner dools, its something that really is part and parcel with footy...and its finals time, and we are there (with a friggin big sniff i might add)...and peeps are prob really looking forward to the banner being finals.

and then its: 'not this week'

no one says the cheer squad dont do anything for the team....i mean they have to follow the club to every game for friggs sake.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

I have never bagged the Cheer Squad!!! In fact I have stood up for them - here and in person! And I never bagged you Dools personally - I just think it showed poor form dismissing our inputs

Oh and PS - In fact I have nothing better to do on a Sunday night then to look on here and maybe help out with something another Sainter wants.

I have never bagged a player - I wear Charlies number - Sainter_Boy - CJ's

Sainter_Boy was in the guard of honour for Harves - I have the certificate for being at Barry Breens 300th game - my car has Saint flags on it - Win, lose or draw - I love the Saints - every single one who wears R, W & B is a champion in my eyes (mostly coz they are MY Sainters - but also coz they have acheived so much more than I could ever)

I never have asked for any recognition - I just dont like being dismissed
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Sun 14 Sep 2008 11:03pm, edited 2 times in total.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

be first to the footy
hard and tough
cos the cheer squad will boo
if you're not good enough

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:dools

i think peeps are upset that each week u have asked the forumites for their imput.
peeps love the banner dools, its something that really is part and parcel with footy...and its finals time, and we are there (with a friggin big sniff i might add)...and peeps are prob really looking forward to the banner being finals.

and then its: 'not this week'

no one says the cheer squad dont do anything for the team....i mean they have to follow the club to every game for friggs sake.
he did it because people seemed to want some way to get their ideas to the cheersquad......

he offered to do it...........
and now he gets flamed>> and has other issues lobbed onto
some of you have agendas and they are showing

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
matrix
Saintsational Legend

agendas?
my agenda is to get to the next game...

Shades
Club Player

"Go in hard and tough make sure this is not the last game for harves"

benengel14
Club Player

Surely a lot of people in this thread are piss-taking?
Getting stuck into a 16 year old who actually volunteers at the club, who is doing what he think is best?
Last edited by benengel14 on Mon 15 Sep 2008 12:58am, edited 1 time in total.

SainterX
Club Player

Come on Saints the crowd has spoken
We will beat the Hawks cause we are smoken

:D

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
benengel14
Club Player

In a slightly hypocritical reply, I'll take an opportunity to join in what I hope has been only 'piss-taking'.

Possibly the funniest post on SS by Cowboy (re: Port banner Anzac Day)
In response to a rather explicit suggestion for a banner.
We had this stunner by Cowboy:

That's excellent but I think it's very hard to make an asterisk in crepe paper. Using your dual themes of revenge and free range porcines in a family friendly way on the dooley 4 line 4 words template

You are the Hawks
You talk the talk
We're the saints
We'll pork the pork
(Adjusted for this match).

Pity we can't have 2 banners on the field?

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

The Saints are about
to make the Hawks look like fools,
This banner is about
to save the scalp of Saint Dools.

:oops: :roll: :oops:

(Cos it comes from... doesn't matter)

Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

When will you people lay off the cheersquad many times you have been told to join if you want things to change and you still don't listen. If you don't join and try to make a difference shut up and put up with it.
Dools and I know there are alot of things wrong with the cheersquad but we stick with it because at the end of the day the friendships and commitment and hard work that the cheersquad brings far outweights the bad things. For peoples information i'm not a stupid 16 year old i'm 25 and i have been in the cheersquad for 5 years now. In that time i have seen alot of things happen in the cheersquad and personally i love the cheersquad and think it is the best place to watch footy but i understand the critisims of it as well.
Dools isn't to blame for this sure he could have handled it better and worded it better but hey at the end of the day it's not his decison whether it's fair or not don't blame him for it.
my suggestion to everyone is take a deep breath and start posting your sayings coz i for one love reading what people have to say and i think Dools should still write them down just in case the cheersquad can't think of any good ones.

GO SAINTERS
THE DREAM IS ALMOST HERE

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz
goodie
Club Player

Well, I'm disappointed, but I do understand the logic
saintdooley wrote:ahh yes. i do remember. that makes it 2 people out of about 15. thanks milney044 :wink:
If you want to up that ratio, get one of mine picked sometime :P

Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

fkn hell why get all upset? The players don't take notice of a stupid banner anyway.....

If that's the way the CS wanna roll then let them just dont ask for an input here ever again... get your own fkn ideas! :roll:

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Please remember that the cheersquad contains many very young people. I think it's really inappropriate for adults to be directing such hostility to such young kids. Please remember that Dools is a terrific guy -I met him in person at the Essendon game - and also consider the fact that he is still a teenager. How would you feel if your teenage son or daughter was subjected to such vitriol? I would be really angry myself.

I doubt that many of you would behave in person - towards children - the way you behave on here over the internet.

By the way - it's a footy banner... it's not a cure for cancer or world hunger... let's keep a little bit of perspective here.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Cheer squad says no more sayings
out of the pram go their toys
that doesn't really bother me
I just wish they'd make some noise

goal, goal, goal woooooooooooooo!

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

I have been the most vocal on this thread - but it has not been about Dooley (would still love to meet him and shake his hand for the hard work he has done) or about the cheer squad.

I just think that it is silly discounting the input of people who offer it for free and with heartfelt love for the SAINTS.

Use our saying - Dont use our sayings - the sun will still rise tomorrow - and hopefully Sundays papers will proclaim us still marching into the last weekend of September!!!!!!!

But dont dismiss us - WE ARE SAINTERS too!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Is this banner sayings bulshit beyond childish???

Who gives a rats of who's sayings gets used.....ts all about brainstoming and idea generation.....

I would have thought we would want the best saying to go up......And not just a saying from a particular group of people.

Its quite childish of the Cheer Squad to actually care where the saying comes from.....

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Is this banner sayings bulshit beyond childish???

Who gives a rats of who's sayings gets used.....ts all about brainstoming and idea generation.....

I would have thought we would want the best saying to go up......And not just a saying from a particular group of people.

Its quite childish of the Cheer Squad to actually care where the saying comes from.....
Thats been my point all along!!!!

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I dont want to sound like im sticking the boots in on good ol Dools here but my experiances with the cheer squad has disgusted me and been highly frustrating.

Having been tempted to join the cheer squad for some time I enquired at a family day about joining only to be hit with a set of "rules" such as "You MUST come on interstate trips" "You MUST help with the banner" and others I explained I have no car and work is an issue I was respectfully told I wasnt a true supporter and would not be allowed the honor of joining our cheer squad.

The Moorabbin Wings attempts to amalgamate with the cheer squad (at THEIR request) has also been met with scorn and side ways stares.

My advice to the cheer squad would be to stop being so blood elitist and think you are better than the rest of us becuase you stick some crate paper togther and chant a few silly grade 6 style songs

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum