Banner vs Hawks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

How about

"It's my ball
and i wanna play
with it all
by myself"

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
matrix
Saintsational Legend

<<giggle, mirth, chortle :lol:

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

saintdooley wrote:and sainter_dad...we are not trying to exclude the public, i just think the people who are members get more of a say on what goes on the banner than non members. we are the ones who have to spend hours down on our hands and knees sticking on the sayings, so it might as well be one of ours for the finals!
Yes you are! You have excluded the public in this instance. Like I said in a previous post, I reckon the last time you guys came up with an idea it featured a Simpsons Character!

If you think CS should get more of a say in finals time then what have they been doing Home and Away? Jack-shyte I reckon!

Prostituting themselves off other people's ideas i think!

8-)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
saintdooley wrote:and sainter_dad...we are not trying to exclude the public, i just think the people who are members get more of a say on what goes on the banner than non members. we are the ones who have to spend hours down on our hands and knees sticking on the sayings, so it might as well be one of ours for the finals!
Yes you are! You have excluded the public in this instance. Like I said in a previous post, I reckon the last time you guys came up with an idea it featured a Simpsons Character!

If you think CS should get more of a say in finals time then what have they been doing Home and Away? Jack-shyte I reckon!

8-)
and from the look of that quote of yours dools kindly provided by TimeToShineFellas, i presume u are, as we speak, pming all members then...at a minimum

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

SaintWal wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
SaintWal wrote:In light of my last post -

Beware you Hawks
We've come to play
No one is spoiling
This Red White and Black Day!
Dont bother Wal - Just turn your back on the Cheer Squads presentation of the banner - Cheer the boys - but we also applauded the work the cheer squad has done in the past - not gonna this time
I don't look at this thread every week and think my sayings, good or bad are going to be on the banner. Having a laugh or reading in words what the Saints obviously mean to fellow supporters is what makes this thread worth while
I love it - I like reading - and writing some of them - but the attitude is what pisses me off - I read once that a person had gone down to the banner making and was told that as they were not CS members - basically to F*** Off... unreal ... Did not believe it until tonight. We are not CS members so obviously we dont feel as passionately about our Boys.

My son and I are both members - but we have never used the membership (as we have Medallion seats) we went to Queensland to Believe or Burn for our boys, but we are not CS members so our support does not count.

I have bruised my hands from pounding on the rails (ask Jigging) each and every week - but I am not a CS member so our support is not the same level

I have made 300 posts since July this year - almost all are positive - until this crap with the banners - I am a SAINTER as everyone who wears R,W & B on game day is! MY INPUT BLOODY COUNTS - do not dismiss me.

One member of Dools precious cheersquad could not make it to the game yesterday as she had fallen and broken her leg - it was her 80th b'day yesterday - We spent Friday preparing for her St Kilda v Collingwood birthday - playing the 1966 grand final for her (thanks Perfectionist) - making her party room B, W & R. Then we went off to the game. She is a SAINTER - we are SAINTERS. F*** this bulls***......but we are not CS members - so we have our input dismissed by Dools....

Do not dismiss us lightly!!!!!!!!!

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:

8-)
Dools - good way to appeal for more members of the CS than this shyte!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

honestly, i dont even know why i started this banner sayings thread a few years ago. as soon as i ended it (about 2 hours ago) all we have had is people talking s***.
the only person who has ever thanked us for having their saying put up on the banner in MarkInUSA. and not even a simple thanks from the rest. we dont even get a simple thanks when your sayings go up...and when ours do its bagged.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Ive done the Banner a few times and i didnt enjoy myself they didnt really make me feel welcome on both times and didnt make me feel part of it
Last edited by clarky449 on Sun 14 Sep 2008 10:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Sainter_Dad wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:

8-)
Sorry Sainter_Dad I call it as I see it.

One thing about Dools - we got flogged in a forum game as I recall. Dools then flamed all of us for being pathetic.

Also has booed our players at half time.

Like I said, I will call it as I see it. If you think its shyte then I won't make apologies.

SaintWal
Club Player

Pardon my ignorance guys but Is Saintdooley the it and a bit of the CS?

I know other members. Woooo "Banner" carrying members who are fantastic. We are supposedly all saints, Sorry Goldenhawk, not you, yet.

SaintWal
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:honestly, i dont even know why i started this banner sayings thread a few years ago. as soon as i ended it (about 2 hours ago) all we have had is people talking s***.
the only person who has ever thanked us for having their saying put up on the banner in MarkInUSA. and not even a simple thanks from the rest. we dont even get a simple thanks when your sayings go up...and when ours do its bagged.
You should not being doing it for recognition. Bj does not beat his chest after a goal for recognition. If you have backed yourself in a corner with this thread be man enough to apologise and most of us will move on.

Regardless is you do or don't this banner thread will always now be a saintsational tradition. Saintdooley I may eventually thank you for that.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:honestly, i dont even know why i started this banner sayings thread a few years ago. as soon as i ended it (about 2 hours ago) all we have had is people talking s***.
We go to the game early to see your banners and all the hard work you put into them - and we stand an applaud each and every one of them when you present them to us. Thank you SaintDooley for all your hard work - My job restricts me from going to Moorabbin on Friday night - my son is only 8 so he cant get there by himself - Sorry we dont reach your high standards. No-one demanded that you use one of our sayings - we just would like to think that the little input we have may help - maybe it will jog something in your heads - maybe a word will fall into place - maybe, maybe, maybe.

On the subject of thanks - I have never seen a script on the banner referencing the author - just recognition here - usually by another forumite - what percent of SAINTERS read this forum.

POOR FORM SAINTDOOLEY - POOR FORM

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:

8-)

One thing about Dools - we got flogged in a forum game as I recall. Dools then flamed all of us for being pathetic.

Like I said, I will call it as I see it. If you think its shyte then I won't make apologies.
TTSF - I was not having a go at you - and maybe I should have quoted Dools - what I was saying is I agree with you and that as a fellow supporter - I feel excluded and inconsequential on this matter!

What I was trying to say is that Dools is making a differential between CS members and regular SAINTERS.

No dig at you intended TTSF

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:[
One member of Dools precious cheersquad could not make it to the game yesterday as she had fallen and broken her leg - it was her 80th b'day yesterday - We spent Friday preparing for her St Kilda v Collingwood birthday - playing the 1966 grand final for her (thanks Perfectionist) - making her party room B, W & R. Then we went off to the game. She is a SAINTER - we are SAINTERS. F*** this bulls***......but we are not CS members - so we have our input dismissed by Dools....

good on ya fellas
friggin credit to REAL supporters 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

who made this call dools???
u or is there a cheer squad leader or something?
i personally dont chuck in too many things as ideas for the banners
but frigg me, some of the best quotes/ideas have come from the peeps in here

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

The only person I know in the cheersquad says Dools is a Twat.

milney044
Club Player

For the record i did post my thanks on a forum message..i dont know you by face so it makes it pretty hard to thank face to face...sorry?

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:The only person I know in the cheersquad says Dools is a Twat.
<<laughing hard.

twat
classic word :lol: :lol:

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Her words not mine

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Im in the CS just a supporter i dont have a role in their, who is dools?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Sainter_Dad wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:

8-)

TTSF - I was not having a go at you - and maybe I should have quoted Dools - what I was saying is I agree with you and that as a fellow supporter - I feel excluded and inconsequential on this matter!

What I was trying to say is that Dools is making a differential between CS members and regular SAINTERS.

No dig at you intended TTSF
All good Sainter_Dad, no offence taken this side of the fence :wink:

You know will get me ruffled though - little 15 or 16 year old kids in the CS getting Grand Final tickets because they are in the Cheer Squad.

But if people outside the range want to join, the old biddies kick up a stink - so much for getting strong male voices in and actually getting them heard for once! Lots of ideas out there from other people that don't get a look in!

Sounds like you are in the majority of people in this forum - 35-60 year olds who have pumped money into the Club for a long, long time only to get stiffed by up-and-comers getting free tickets because they can hold a banner up, steal people's ideas and boo their Club

8-)

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:[

good on ya fellas
friggin credit to REAL supporters 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

who made this call dools???
u or is there a cheer squad leader or something?
i personally dont chuck in too many things as ideas for the banners
but frigg me, some of the best quotes/ideas have come from the peeps in here
honestly guys...i havent made this call. so i think a few things that u have said about me need to be taken back. i do agree, so of the best says come from here. ive been told there will be no SS sayings this week, and im just going with the flow

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Perhaps next time you'll be clearer in your message to begin with Dools. If you'd made it known that it wasn't your decision you wouldn't be copping the heat for it.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

from what has been said on here for years many of you haven't cared what the cheersquad has done so why the outrage now?

you've bagged them incessantly and called them names,
why the anger at a time when the Saints should be rejoicing?

there are many ways of SUPPORTING this club and each does it in their own way,

why do people feel the need to denigrate how others do their supporting,

Find your way to support BUt for the saints sake accept that others can't for many reasons - or maybe don't wish to,

you hang Dools for giving his honest reaction- a boo- yet many of you lynch Ross, Kosi and Raph constantly, or get offended when the closed sign goes up. and then ASk fo others reaction>>>

most of the cheeersquad have their own lives that create where they are at - JUST as you do sainter dad- most make financial and personal sacrifices but THAT is THEIR choice as yours is,

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:For the record i did post my thanks on a forum message..i dont know you by face so it makes it pretty hard to thank face to face...sorry?
ahh yes. i do remember. that makes it 2 people out of about 15. thanks milney044 :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

can anyone else see it?

ill give it to someone else.....