And it could have been 21 goals straight!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

And it could have been 21 goals straight!

The four shots that we missed (there were no rushed behinds) were:
1. Nick Dal Santo, 30m out in front (he should run in, not walk) hit the post
2. Adam Schneider, 20m out, in front, on the run missed by a metre
3. Kosi, 20m out, not much of an angle, went over the post
4. Stephen Milne, 45m out, in front, but just on his range, missed by half a metre.

But what about the 17 we did kick? There were plenty of tight ones there, none more so than to Nick and Kosi early on.

Last night's game was almost a mirror image of the first time we played Geelong. Hopefully we can find a couple more.

Dal'sGal26
Club Player

Most accurate score line in finals footy EVER!
GO SAINTERS!

i <3 the red, white and black

Sainter for LIFE!
starsign
Club Player

Said all along after our 1st encounter this season we were the better side but the six (at least) shots we missedy directly in front from 30 m or less c/f the seemingly impossible 2 or 3 goals they got was the major difference
....and oh how the tide swung last night!
There was none pulled out of their fundamental orifices last night, except they got the usual charities from the umps early
And I recon we played into their hands R18 by being far too loose and unaccountable early , letting them get more confident by the minute and by the time we turned up to play all over them from mid 3rdQ on, the damage was done.
We were always going to tackle this big one with far more intensity for mine.
And apart from the known fact that my aunty hasn't got the necessary equipment to be my uncle, we really gave away 2 easy wins against them during the season and the experts led the bookies into giving away easey money last night
The indicators were there quite early last night and never looked like heading in any otherdirection

saintDal
Club Player

The hardest shot was probably Gwilts. Although I was quietly confident he would nail it.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

Its because we used the ball properly, and didn't rush it.

We didn't just bomb it into the 50 hoping for a mark...Collingwood did - and look at their accuracy.

When we didn't have an option, we slowed it down, chipped it around until we found an option.

Nothing shows how we played better then in the last quarter when Roo had the ball on a tight angle (on his wrong foot) - which he then passed to Dal who was 20m from him on a better angle and on his left.

Very good team game.

Milne
Club Player

Dal'sGal26 wrote:Most accurate score line in finals footy EVER!
GO SAINTERS!
It was until we scored a few points at the end. Turned out to be 3rd most accurate.