Jackson Trengove

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kingy0701
Club Player

Jackson Trengove

Saw this video of him on Youtube and looks a player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaC3TZ2mQ2c

Should be seriously looked at come draft time as a key defender/ruck with
our first round pick.

Qualities:
- Great leap
- Awesome contested mark
- Great mobility and agility
- Defensive pressure

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

youtube can make anyone look good.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Certainly looks a player..

Has got a huge leap on him.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

we need to draft another kpp with our first pick...draft a few mids in the later picks

then next year we pick up a mid with our first pick

the cycle continues

everyone seems to have a massive crush on hurley...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:we need to draft another kpp with our first pick...draft a few mids in the later picks

the cycle continues

Hurley is an interesting one as he's been pigeon-holed as a fullback after being played there during the last two U/18 champs. He has played in all key positions with the Knights & be damn competitive. Query over his pace may be the question mark but I can't see him getting past Essendon or Carlton. I'm tipping he'll be in navy blue which is a shame as he's a Saints supporter.

One thing is for sure there will be a very good player available at our pick whether Trengrove/Yarran/Robinson, etc is the man.

I'd really like to see the club take some chances & trade as aggressively as possible. It's a very good draft 1-30 odd & there will still be some gems after that.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:we need to draft another kpp with our first pick...draft a few mids in the later picks

the cycle continues

Hurley is an interesting one as he's been pigeon-holed as a fullback after being played there during the last two U/18 champs. He has played in all key positions with the Knights & be damn competitive. Query over his pace may be the question mark but I can't see him getting past Essendon or Carlton. I'm tipping he'll be in navy blue which is a shame as he's a Saints supporter.

One thing is for sure there will be a very good player available at our pick whether Trengrove/Yarran/Robinson, etc is the man.

I'd really like to see the club take some chances & trade as aggressively as possible. It's a very good draft 1-30 odd & there will still be some gems after that.
well i wouldnt mind him as a kpp - taking into account i know bugger all and like the romanticsm associated with taking a saints supporter who is going to be a good'un

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

My daughter takes a good mark on video but she isnt available for 3 more years so we better get this guy. I will give the Saints a call.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:My daughter takes a good mark on video but she isnt available for 3 more years so we better get this guy. I will give the Saints a call.
can we get her under the father-daughter rule?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:My daughter takes a good mark on video but she isnt available for 3 more years so we better get this guy. I will give the Saints a call.
you have a daughter??? :shock:

spiral2
Club Player

this kid Sam Blease looked good in the U18 champs final

very quick, can finish. anyone in the know, know about him? where he is likely to go etc...
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=e7DTWnqlg8E

CHBench

Blease's stocks are rising fast. He's bottom aged so unlikely to get a run next year. Touted to go early second round, doubt he'll get past melbournes priority pick. He could be a star but he goes missing for long periods too often. I think where we have our pick we'll end up paying too much for him if you know what i mean. A few better options would still be available.

Would love Trengove at the saints but has suffered some injury set backs this year. Was touted as a definite top 10 pick before he tore his hamstring off the bone and did a knee at the same time in a freak training accident. Question is weather we take the risk. Can play CHF/CHB and Ruck. Although he maybe undersized for rucking in the AFL his leap would definatley make up for what he lacks in height. Doubt anyone would take him before our pick (12,13,14) Hawthorn would definitly be interested as would Collingwood but i doubt the pies would take him.

Mitch Robinson is one to look out for as well....tall midifelder/winger, tough, inside/outside, ball magnet, Clearance player, Good pace, Good skills both sides, penetraing right foot kick, good burst of speed.....

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Yet another comment of no value, sarcastic and belittling to the OP.

The OP was about a good young player who may give a bit and may just be picked up by someone as a damn good player.

You are a goose. Just more evidence of it.

How about you just F*** off P66, far too many people are sick of your negativity.

Every time you press enter you just lower yourself more....

spiral2
Club Player

CHBench wrote:Blease's stocks are rising fast. He's bottom aged so unlikely to get a run next year. Touted to go early second round, doubt he'll get past melbournes priority pick. He could be a star but he goes missing for long periods too often. I think where we have our pick we'll end up paying too much for him if you know what i mean. A few better options would still be available.

Would love Trengove at the saints but has suffered some injury set backs this year. Was touted as a definite top 10 pick before he tore his hamstring off the bone and did a knee at the same time in a freak training accident. Question is weather we take the risk. Can play CHF/CHB and Ruck. Although he maybe undersized for rucking in the AFL his leap would definatley make up for what he lacks in height. Doubt anyone would take him before our pick (12,13,14) Hawthorn would definitly be interested as would Collingwood but i doubt the pies would take him.

Mitch Robinson is one to look out for as well....tall midifelder/winger, tough, inside/outside, ball magnet, Clearance player, Good pace, Good skills both sides, penetraing right foot kick, good burst of speed.....
cheers CHBench
yeah looks good does Robinson, good size, looks quick, courage and smarts, not too shabby!

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

on draft watch i have one bloke i have seen a lot of from the stingrays..Michael Hibberd(sp?)

tall, athletic, quick and hard at it.

had an injury this season so may be a good rookie list prospect.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Couple of big indigenous boys that may be worthwhile with a later pick or rookie... Casey Sibosado, 192cm, Liam Jones 194cm (son of ex saint, Bob). EDither could be developed into CHB .

Solar
Saintsational Legend

CHBench wrote:Blease's stocks are rising fast. He's bottom aged so unlikely to get a run next year. Touted to go early second round, doubt he'll get past melbournes priority pick. He could be a star but he goes missing for long periods too often. I think where we have our pick we'll end up paying too much for him if you know what i mean. A few better options would still be available.

hey just a question. Did the knee injury stop him jumping? Thats a huge injury to have for a player whose leap is a positive (see barry brooks). If he has worked back well from injury it shows the kid has guts and mental toughness.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
CHBench

[quote="afl.com.au"]AIS/AFL Academy high performance manager Alan McConnell is confident Trengrove will bounce back in time for the October NAB AFL Draft Camp.
“[The injury happened] in a mock pressure situation training drill with Metro on Thursday evening,â€

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Trengove and Tom Swift are the real wild cards of the draft. They're both highly talented footballers who have missed a lot of footy with injuries. They could go anywhere at this stage. Swift could be a Selwood type steal provided his knee holds up. Trengove, I think, would definitely be on the Saints radar. He'd also be on the radar of every team that needs a KP defender. I wouldn't be certain of either Trengove or Swift lasting to our pick. Hurley definitely won't.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
BallBanger
Club Player

vacuous space wrote:Trengove and Tom Swift are the real wild cards of the draft. They're both highly talented footballers who have missed a lot of footy with injuries. They could go anywhere at this stage. Swift could be a Selwood type steal provided his knee holds up. Trengove, I think, would definitely be on the Saints radar. He'd also be on the radar of every team that needs a KP defender. I wouldn't be certain of either Trengove or Swift lasting to our pick. Hurley definitely won't.
Has Trengrove some pace?

Last thing we need is a slow lumbering type..

vacuous space
SS Life Member

BallBanger wrote:Has Trengrove some pace?
He was a mobile player before the injury. I imagine a lot of people will be watching him at draft camp to see how much the injury has affected him.

Yeah nah pleasing positive